Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2008   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who will be our backup LBs?

With Coley and Moffitt having a great game yesterday, it looks to be some difficult decisions ahead for Kubiak.

Will Thompson be healthy enough to play?
Same with Adibi.

Greenwood definitely has not earned his money.

The two youngsters seem to be more active and posess a nose for the football. I really like Moffitt.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who will be our backup LBs?

I'm not sure I'd call it a great game. Our short to intermediate pass coverage was bad.

I understand I do not know what the play call is on every play, but I'd assume the LB's were at fault more times than not. Just a hunch.

And what the heck was up with being unable to stop the draw play?? It seemed as if TB ran that sucker every other play.

That said, I understand your concern about our LB's. Tough decisions
Old 08-29-2008   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would consider a LB making a stop for less than 3 yard is doing his job.

Coley was in 6 of those, and Moffitt 8 (including a pass to Troupe that Moffitt covered well and limit Troupe to 2 yd).

They were in the backfield a few times.

Coley had many plays ran right to him, but he did make a few nice plays.
Moffitt, I was more impressed with.
He looked good in coverage. He showed the burst to close the plays.
I don't think either of them missed a tackle (I could be wrong.)

Granted, all this is not against first-teamers.
But Bentley didn't have as good of a game. So can he be a lock?
Old 08-29-2008   #4
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably the best special teamers will make the team.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I would consider a LB making a stop for less than 3 yard is doing his job.

Coley was in 6 of those, and Moffitt 8 (including a pass to Troupe that Moffitt covered well and limit Troupe to 2 yd).

They were in the backfield a few times.

Coley had many plays ran right to him, but he did make a few nice plays.
Moffitt, I was more impressed with.
He looked good in coverage. He showed the burst to close the plays.
I don't think either of them missed a tackle (I could be wrong.)

Granted, all this is not against first-teamers.
But Bentley didn't have as good of a game. So can he be a lock?
I was questioning their pass coverage not their tackling ability or run defense.

That is....if you referring to my post.
Old 08-29-2008   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I was questioning their pass coverage not their tackling ability or run defense.

That is....if you referring to my post.
Why I said Moffitt looked good in coverage.
Even before pre-season, I've already mentioned this.
I think Moffitt has the tenacity to take on the big TEs.
And he's more than fast enough to stay with the FBs on screen passes.
Old 08-29-2008   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With Coley and Moffitt having a great game yesterday, it looks to be some difficult decisions ahead for Kubiak.

Will Thompson be healthy enough to play?
Same with Adibi.

Greenwood definitely has not earned his money.

The two youngsters seem to be more active and posess a nose for the football. I really like Moffitt.
mentioned earlier in another thread how impressed with both of them. speed kills & they both seem to upgrade what we lack in this area. they'll both make a living in the NFL just not sure it will be with the Texans

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read