Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2008   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I Love me some FAGGINS!

He's like the cocroach. Sure you hate him and he's a nuisance but you gotta respected him- He's been around a long time and you just can't get rid of him.

What's really going to be funny is when all of you who have been screaming about Reeves' play get your wish and he is replaced in the 2nd quarter of the Pittsburgh game...... by................ Petey Faggins!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #2
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!

Old 08-28-2008   #3
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not get all crazy now. Petey looked good against the JV team, but we'll see him return to the Petey of old against first teamers in the regular season.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Let's not get all crazy now. Petey looked good against the JV team, but we'll see him return to the Petey of old against first teamers in the regular season.
Beat me to it IlliJen, but it's the truth. Faggins is just a day away from the ax...or at least he should be. Because you know what a polished turd looks like?...
Old 08-29-2008   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Beat me to it IlliJen, but it's the truth. Faggins is just a day away from the ax...or at least he should be. Because you know what a polished turd looks like?...
There are alot of secondary players that deserve the Turk more than Petey.

Did I just say that?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly as much as I hated on Faggins last year......I'll easily take him over Jacque Reeves anyday of the week. Jacque Reeves is Jason David on his best day and atleast Petey has shown (before last season) that he's atleast capable of making some plays.

Jacque Reeves gives me nightmares and for as many of the great moves that Rick Smith has made......the Jacque Reeves signing makes me calling his judgement into question. Jacque Reeves stinks......he's going to be like frenchie out there waiving his white flag on Sundays.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-29-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Honestly as much as I hated on Faggins last year......I'll easily take him over Jacque Reeves anyday of the week. Jacque Reeves is Jason David on his best day and atleast Petey has shown (before last season) that he's atleast capable of making some plays.

Jacque Reeves gives me nightmares and for as many of the great moves that Rick Smith has made......the Jacque Reeves signing makes me calling his judgement into question. Jacque Reeves stinks......he's going to be like frenchie out there waiving his white flag on Sundays.
Whoa there buddy.. I think Rick was like the rest of us. After watching Petey all last season he could only surmise that no one could be as bad as Petey; not eve Matt Stevens. PBurnt thought Petey sucked last year. Weaver thought Petey was robbing the Texans blind last year.

So to blame Rick on this one is just not true. It was more like my house is full of crap, the cowgirls got how many probowl choke artist and they hate this guy? Let me sign him to a fat contract that after the seconed year I can cut him and he has not earned jack.
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2008   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
So to blame Rick on this one is just not true. It was more like my house is full of crap, the cowgirls got how many probowl choke artist and they hate this guy? Let me sign him to a fat contract that after the seconed year I can cut him and he has not earned jack.
Doesn't change the fact that unless there is a significant difference of play...Reeves will become another Texans Weaver and Buchanan. Don't get me wrong, I think Smith has done a excellent job thus far.......but Reeves will be a black eye on his resume'

- Edmund Burke
Old 08-29-2008   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Doesn't change the fact that unless there is a significant difference of play...Reeves will become another Texans Weaver and Buchanan. Don't get me wrong, I think Smith has done a excellent job thus far.......but Reeves will be a black eye on his resume'
Fat lip maybe but not a black eye.
Old 08-29-2008   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Fat lip maybe but not a black eye.
say's the bleeding nose....i.e...stop trying to scrap a depends clean, a messy diaper is a messy diaper.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-29-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 08-29-2008   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I believe Petey is playing with a sense of urgency. He looked great out there last night, and had some Dunta'ish tackles.

If they do keep him, then he better be committed to playing at the same level.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be here. Faggins has always gotten too much hatred around here....he had a fine game last night and he was pretty physical to boot. He's a fine nickel corner but he isn't as good a cb1 or cb2...but that's ok. Every team could use a good nickel back.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #13
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Every team could use a good nickel back.

or four....
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of our backup CB's are very similar in talent. You could throw names in a hat for all I care.

That said, I'd give Fletch a spot before Faggins. But that's just me.
Old 08-29-2008   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
or four....
if that is all you got, a few nickels and a couple of dimes can't even buy you a cup of good coffee ya know. We do have a lot of guys who can make good back ups but not good starters. On balance methinks Faggins gets too much heat because the Texans haven't had a pair of legit NFL starters and people think that if a player isn't good enough to be the CB2 he should just be cut....but in reality he is a good nickel back who will struggle at times with really tall wr's (for instance) and get lit up from time to time in general but gives you mostly quality snaps as the 5th man of the secondary. When forced to start his game can be exposed. He is what he is, but that isn't a bad thing at all. Right now he is probably the second best corner on the team if you are only counting healthy guys. That ain't Faggins fault.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 218361 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
if that is all you got, a few nickels and a couple of dimes can't even buy you a cup of good coffee ya know. We do have a lot of guys who can make good back ups but not good starters. On balance methinks Faggins gets too much heat because the Texans haven't had a pair of legit NFL starters and people think that if a player isn't good enough to be the CB2 he should just be cut....but in reality he is a good nickel back who will struggle at times with really tall wr's (for instance) and get lit up from time to time in general but gives you mostly quality snaps as the 5th man of the secondary. When forced to start his game can be exposed. He is what he is, but that isn't a bad thing at all. Right now he is probably the second best corner on the team if you are only counting healthy guys. That ain't Faggins fault.
What he said. I have blasted Faggins a dozen times, but I have always tried to qualify it with the comment that he's out of position. If our team were good enough that Faggins were a dime back, he'd be very good. As a starter, he's just not good enough. We've seen all we need to see. He's just not good enough to be a starter.
Old 08-29-2008   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
What he said. I have blasted Faggins a dozen times, but I have always tried to qualify it with the comment that he's out of position. If our team were good enough that Faggins were a dime back, he'd be very good. As a starter, he's just not good enough. We've seen all we need to see. He's just not good enough to be a starter.
And yet appears to be equal to or better than the temporary starter that our team went out and found in free agency. It's a crazy world. I still wonder if we weren't going to be better off just starting Faggins until Dunta came back instead of signing Reeves. We'd have saved money and got the same (poor) play at the starting CB spot.

He sure had a good game last night though.
Old 08-29-2008   #18
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
He's like the cocroach. Sure you hate him and he's a nuisance but you gotta respected him- He's been around a long time and you just can't get rid of him.

What's really going to be funny is when all of you who have been screaming about Reeves' play get your wish and he is replaced in the 2nd quarter of the Pittsburgh game...... by................ Petey Faggins!
You can have him!
Reeves=Pbrunt
Petey= Matt Stevens
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #19
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm curious if Reeves was a guy this defensive staff targeted or if it was a Rick Smith call.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #20
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I'm curious if Reeves was a guy this defensive staff targeted or if it was a Rick Smith call.
I'm pretty sure it was Richard Smith...

Afterall...He is the devil...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read