Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2008   #21
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The SI NFL Preview just arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I haven't read or cared for anything SI related since
the last swimsuit edition.
I fixed it for you Hou-Tex
Old 08-27-2008   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Dr. Z's predicted order of finish:

AFC South

Colts 11-5
Jags 10-6
Titans 10-6
Texans 6-10

Go thread go.
blaspheme & utter curses

can we just start the season....NOW

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict the Texans will not be predictable.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #24
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I predict the Texans will not be predictable.
So if you turn out to be right, it means you were actually wrong, and we start all over again.
Old 08-27-2008   #25
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

My prediction:
Texans: 16-0
Indianapolis: 3-13
Jacksonville: 3-13
Tennessee: 0-16

See, 'cuz Indy and Jax split their series and are both undefeated against the Titans.

That's how much validity I give to any preseason prediction for record.
Old 08-27-2008   #26
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

I would think either 8-8 or 9-7 (at best) sounds reasonable this year
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #27
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

AFC South

Colts 11-5
Jags 10-6
Titans 10-6
Texans 6-10
That looks like the laziest predictions I have ever seen.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I haven't read or cared for anything SI related since a particular Championship.

Eh, who gives a hoot about SI

QFT!!!!

I buy one SI issue a year.......... any guesses??
Old 08-27-2008   #29
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like Indy's health is going to be a big key to their season. I would be shocked to see Manning miss any games but keeping him healthy is going to be an even bigger deal than normal for them. They need a healthy Marvin Harrison also and Gonzales to show improvement in his 2nd year.

The Titans seem to be what they always are ultra conservative on offense with a good defense. They need Young to not lose games for them and I am not sure he is able to do that at this stage of his career unless he has really started learning defenses.

The Jags will be the Jags, tough as hell on defense and smash mouth on offense. Garrard protecting the ball dictates how they roll, they need those wr's to make some plays. They could be dangerous with a potent passing game to go with their running game. Their defense is always tough lets see how much losing the dt affects them.

I think how the db's play is going to be a huge factor in our season. If we can cause some turnovers and negate giving up a few big plays we should be ok. I just want someone to step up and give Mario some help putting heat on the qb. That would go a long way in covering up our weakness at db. I think 7-9 wins is a realistic pick based on being without Dunta for who knows how long at this point, not to mention how good is he going to be coming off that injury. Please have a good year I want us to go to the playoffs so bad I can taste it.
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #30
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Indy is one injury from being an average team. Im talking about Manning of course. The question is can Manning stay healthy even though he is getting older? Manning cant last forever and when hes gone so is their dominance.

Tennesee's defense isnt as good as people are saying. They lost their best cornerback and 2 best defensive ends. They will be tought to run on but can they stop the pass? Their offense will have to run the ball against 8 man fronts because VY is no threat passing the ball. Partly because they dont have any real #1 options at WR and partly because VY isnt very good at it. How will VY hold up if he is forced to run alot? Will the defense be able to slow down other teams passing attacts? They continue to make poor decisions in the draft and loose talent in the offseason. Sooner or later that will catch up to them.

Jacksonville's offense is similar to Tennesse's in that they are going to be one deminsional. Thing is that they dont have the threat of the QB taking off and running for a first down. Their defense is not going to be as good at stopping the run with the under acheiving Kennedy replacing an allpro. Can the running game continue to play well with no real threat at WR and half of their one two punch (Taylor) getting older? They spun their wheels this offseason bringing in Porter and Williamson.

I love it! If a few things go right we have put ourselves in position to have the best team we have ever had. I have no grand illusions of us going to the super bowl but we are steadily improving our team while the other teams in our division are leveling off or sliding because of getting older, making bad additions and/or losing key players. If things keep going the way they are its just a matter of time. Lets just all pray that Boldin doesnt end up with the Jags of Tacks.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #31
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Is it just me or does this look more like a 2007 review (I haven't seen the other picks, just going of the AFC South)?
Old 08-27-2008   #32
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

AFC South

Colts 11-5
Jags 10-6
Titans 10-6
Texans 6-10

Go thread go.
Heh, what else is new? We get a prediction like this every year. We deserved it other years mostly, but now? Hell no.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #33
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Heh, what else is new? We get a prediction like this every year. We deserved it other years mostly, but now? Hell no.
I don't know, it's not a reach or a slam to say they only win six this year IMHO. Let's face it they have some very glaring weaknesses still. Granted I do think they are a much better team then the Carr/Rosenfels led team of 2006 that had the same number of wins. My heart and "diet cokes" don't agree, but it's still hard to argue against a six win season. I do think that he's reaching with the Tacks winning 10 and being a wild card team, come on! VY is a bust and he WILL prove that this season, I feel pretty confident in that statement. I didn't bother looking at what Vegas had the Titans' wins at but if they're in line with SI I'll take the under all day.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #34
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I don't know, it's not a reach or a slam to say they only win six this year IMHO. Let's face it they have some very glaring weaknesses still. Granted I do think they are a much better team then the Carr/Rosenfels led team of 2006 that had the same number of wins. My heart and "diet cokes" don't agree, but it's still hard to argue against a six win season.
I'm not gonna get too wound up over Dr. Z's latest, because he's usually wrong and rarely right, but I do think a six-win prediction is a reach. The pessimist's prediction that they'll only win six is equally funny as the optimist's prediction that they'll win twelve. This team won eight games last year playing in arguably the toughest division in football, even though it faced an epidemic of injuries that depleted both talent and depth. The Texans were 6-2 at home and 2-6 on the road. With home games against the Ravens, Lions, Bengals, Dolphins, and Bears, in addition to our divisional games, I see no reason why the Texans can't equal or better their 6-2 home record. If they can win six at Reliant and three on the road, they're a winning team for the first time in franchise history.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #35
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
maybe he watched our preseason game against dallas and noticed our defense sucks?

Thats kinda the elephant in the room that none of us are talking about. How are we an above .500 team with this defense?

If I had to bet, i'd go 6-10 or 7-9
the defense has looked horrible, i agree... but try and wait for the regular season to really judge what you're seeing.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #36
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok Texans at 6-10, well im used to that kind of disrespect, but Im laughing out loud at the Titans going 10-6, no freaking way do they win more than 9 at the most, im expecting 7-8, IMO....

And to everyone who is freaking out about our D: ITS F'ING PRE SEASON, IF YOU THINK STARTERS ARE OUT THERE BUSTING THEIR ASS YOU ARE JOKING YOURSELF, CHILL OUT AND WAIT A WEEK!!!!!!!

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #37
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Is it just me or does this look more like a 2007 review ?
Pretty much and it's pretty silly. They predict all six of the AFC playoff teams to be the same and four of six in the NFC. Typically half of the playoff teams do not make it back the next year.
Old 08-28-2008   #38
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Ok Texans at 6-10, well im used to that kind of disrespect, but Im laughing out loud at the Titans going 10-6, no freaking way do they win more than 9 at the most, im expecting 7-8, IMO....

And to everyone who is freaking out about our D: ITS F'ING PRE SEASON, IF YOU THINK STARTERS ARE OUT THERE BUSTING THEIR ASS YOU ARE JOKING YOURSELF, CHILL OUT AND WAIT A WEEK!!!!!!!
Um Wes....CC Brown isn't going to turn into a football player in a week. Neither is Reeves. Neither is Faggins. Neither is Weaver. Neither is Greenwood. Dunta Robinson aint coming thru that door. Aaron Glen aint coming thru that door. Marlon McCree aint coming thru that door.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read