Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2008   #1
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 20% chance of winning 11+ and cotending in a superbowl

says the NFL prospectus 2008

wins and chances
0-3 on the clock.....1%
4-6 loserville.....10%
7-8 mediocrity.....31%
9-10 playoff contender.......39%
11+ superbowl contender........20%

You can find the book at book stores and online, its got some pretty cool stuff, id recomened it to any hardcore NFL fans, but if your like me you can just go read it at the book store .....

supposedly they were dead on with last years predictions....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #2
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 20% chance of winning 11+ and cotending in a superbowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post

wins and chances
0-3 on the clock.....1%
4-6 loserville.....10%
7-8 mediocrity.....31%

You can find the book at book stores and online, its got some pretty cool stuff, id recomened it to any hardcore NFL fans, but if your like me you can just go read it at the book store .....

They do a great job. I won my fantasy league -easily- using their predictions.

What I like most about their prediction this year is that there's a 90% chance of 7 wins or better.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #3
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
They do a great job. I won my fantasy league -easily- using their predictions.

What I like most about their prediction this year is that there's a 90% chance of 7 wins or better.
definatley. that, and that they have us winning the wild card..

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #4
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone know what they said about the 2005 season?
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #5
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Anyone know what they said about the 2005 season?
That's a good question to see if they could predict a complete across the board failure.

However, I only have 2007 and 2008. Last years prediction was
0-4 - 26%
5-6 - 34%
7-8 - 28%
9-10 - 10%
11+ - 3%
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #6
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...ideoId=3554263

Video link for those interested. I might go pick up a copy today to compare my fantasy draft notes to FO's analysis.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Not bad. I would take 20% right now. 39% for 9 or 10 wins and being a playoff contender is good as well.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2008   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post

wins and chances
0-3 on the clock.....1%
4-6 loserville.....10%
7-8 mediocrity.....31%

I smell some of that funny math. Those percentages come out to 101% and I don't like it. I was always told you give 110%, not 101%.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #9
MarioWrecksIt

Did yall see that he picked us to go to the playoffs? Thats incredible!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read