Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-24-2008   #1
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough
Default Rate my team

Just figured I would post my team on here and see what y'all think.. its a 10 team league..

Round Pick Player Position
1. (2) Adrian Peterson RB
2. (19) Ryan Grant RB
3. (22) Larry Fitzgerald WR
4. (39) Kellen Winslow TE
5. (42) Brandon Marshall WR
6. (59) Chris Chambers WR
7. (62) Thomas Jones RB
8. (79) Philip Rivers QB
9. (82) Julius Jones RB
10. (99) Tony Scheffler TE
11. (102) Kevin Walter WR
12. (119) Jabar Gaffney WR
13. (122) Jason Campbell QB
14. (139) Chris Perry RB
15. (142) Rob Bironas K
16. (159) Houston DEF

obviously I drafted the Houston D jus for kicks, I'm gonna pick up a more reliable D in FAs
Old 08-24-2008   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rate my team

Nice team. Ryan Grant is your wildcard. I'm not to sure about him. And of course, AD needs to stay healthy too.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #3
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I was kind of up in the air about Grant, but he was too high on my board to pass at that spot. I was hoping AJ round 3 instead , he was one pick in front of me as my bro took him..
Old 08-25-2008   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I like a lot of the guys you took in the latter portion of the draft. Scheffler is a value pick, and I think Walter can improve on his '07 numbers and can be a spot starter. I really like the Chris Perry pick. He could become the Bengals starter by the 2nd half of the season. If you get bonus points for long FGs, Bironas was a great grab. And if special teams TDs are included for the defense, the Texans aren't a bad pick. Really depends on the scoring system.

I've downgraded Marshall, as he has a 3 game suspension at the beginning of the season. Count the bye week, and that's 4 games without points. I'm a little concerned with Winslow's knee, and I don't take TEs that high unless their name is Gates. And while I don't have anything against Rivers or Campbell, neither is a full time starter in a 10 team league, IMO.
Old 08-25-2008   #5
Ckw

My league did an auction with a salary cap (fake money) of $200. What do you guys think of my team?

Tom Brady
Jay Cutler
Laurence Maroney
Darren McFadden
DeAngelo Williams
Steve Slaton
Roy Williams
Lee Evans
Chris Chambers
Kevin Walter
Antonio Gates
Kris Brown
Titans D
Giants D
Old 08-25-2008   #6
Farough
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I like a lot of the guys you took in the latter portion of the draft. Scheffler is a value pick, and I think Walter can improve on his '07 numbers and can be a spot starter. I really like the Chris Perry pick. He could become the Bengals starter by the 2nd half of the season. If you get bonus points for long FGs, Bironas was a great grab. And if special teams TDs are included for the defense, the Texans aren't a bad pick. Really depends on the scoring system.

I've downgraded Marshall, as he has a 3 game suspension at the beginning of the season. Count the bye week, and that's 4 games without points. I'm a little concerned with Winslow's knee, and I don't take TEs that high unless their name is Gates. And while I don't have anything against Rivers or Campbell, neither is a full time starter in a 10 team league, IMO.
Well if you seen how everyone had grabbed their starting QB and a backup QB as early as they did thats really the best I could do.. Marsahall should be back after 2 games if he meets the stipulations correctly, which I'm hoping he does.
Old 08-25-2008   #7
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
My league did an auction with a salary cap (fake money) of $200. What do you guys think of my team?

Tom Brady
Jay Cutler
Laurence Maroney
Darren McFadden
DeAngelo Williams
Steve Slaton
Roy Williams
Lee Evans
Chris Chambers
Kevin Walter
Antonio Gates
Kris Brown
Titans D
Giants D
I like the Brady pick for sure as of last year I have started to draft QB's (Romo, Brady, Manning) in the first round if they are there. Gates is also pretty killer since most of the SD wr corps sucks
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read