Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2008   #21
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week one opponent

The biggest advantage we're going to have against the Steelers is Mario Williams. The Steelers offensive line was awful last year and I'm not sure if it's any better this year. It's a chance for Mario and the rest of the line to pressure Rothlisberger into making bad reads hopefully.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #22
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like our secondary against their passing attack. However, I think we started to see the decline of the Steelers in last years playoffs. I'm sure their defense will bring blitzes and everything but I think we can handle it. It might be a nail biter. Historically it depends on how the game starts to determine who wins.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #23
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
You're luckier than me, your Squeeler fan is leaving, mine lives with me permanently. And they wonder why the divorce rate is skyrocketing!?
Yep, same with me. Unfortunately I also have to live in Pitt. So if the Texans dont win I will be hearing Smack for some time to come.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The biggest advantage we're going to have against the Steelers is Mario Williams. The Steelers offensive line was awful last year and I'm not sure if it's any better this year. It's a chance for Mario and the rest of the line to pressure Rothlisberger into making bad reads hopefully.
Isn't it great to say that about the other team?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #25
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Playing Pitt right out of the gate will be tough. We will be able to gauge where our team is though. Its a great test. Looking forward to it.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #26
Polo

The player that worries me the most in this game is Hines Ward...

I can just picture him roasting our secondary...

That said...

I think we win this game...

I don't think our defense will play at a shutdown level, but I think our offense will simply outscore them....
Old 08-21-2008   #27
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

What a game to start the season.

Good team, on their field.

Sure would be an exciting way to start the year with a win!
Old 08-25-2008   #28
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

FanHouse's JJ Cooper does really nice writing on the Steelers. Here's his review from the third preseason game when the starters were in a lot:

Steelers Fans This Is Your Nightmare

Basically, it talks about the struggles they are having on the offensive line, and exactly who is struggling.

It's worth a read.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read