Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-23-2008   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 27729 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default lol, cowboy fans

These guys are funneh.

Quote:
The receivers in Atlanta were never good when Schaub played actually, and to be honest, Schaub was horrible in Atlanta every game he played. I had to watch every Falcons game because I wrote articles on a website on the NFC and I got the short straw and drew the Falcons as my team to cover.

Schaub is a career back-up, but you delusional Texan fans still haven't realized that. You're team is horrendous, you're defense has 3 great players, and 8 Hall of Shame players. You have a pro-bowl receiver who is a walking hospital folder, you're offensive line gets new players every year and doesn't improve, you're counting on Ahman Green and Chris Brown, both back-ups at best.

Will you actually get above .500 and even be relative in the NFL? We all know you guys at the #5 football team in Texas, and we all know you will be lucky to win 7 games.

Sorry for the harsh words, but reality bites.
And:

Quote:
Granted it's preseason and I'll be the first to say preseason doesn't matter....but did you guys actually watch Schaub in the game yesterday? He was downright ugly. I don't know why anyone was high on him - and no I would never start him over Vick, the Falcons wanted him because he IS a good backup, and Vick's style led him to getting hurt frequently. And for the love of god don't compare Schaub to Romo, they aren't even close.
They predict us to go 5-11: http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=87661

Maybe I shouldn't be over there, but I just find their comments funny.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: lol, cowboy fans

well, if they're talking about us, I guess we are relevant then!

they won, they looked good, etc., etc., but they still have to try and win their first playoff game, and with all of that talent they have, the presssure is on them to succeed.

quite frankly, I'm glad the Texans don't have to go back and play in that toilet they call Texas Stadium anymore. God that looked bad when compared to our Reliant.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Granted their lips would be sealed if they had've lost.
Old 08-23-2008   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Granted their lips would be sealed if they had've lost.
My lips have been sealed and I'm a Cowboys fan.

I'm also realistic and realize that preseason wins don't matter unless you paid for a ticket to go and are a player wondering if you're going to make the team or not.

Both teams have things to work on.....but I was impressed with the Cowboys first team.

The Texans offense can play with anybody. The defense needs some fixin.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 27729 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a few Cowboy fans here. WWJD, StarStruck, Thunderkyss, etc.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

For some idiotic reason I would have to join to read their BS. The price is too high.
Old 08-23-2008   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
For some idiotic reason I would have to join to read their BS. The price is too high.

Yeah... I tried but had to sign up too. Not worth it. :P
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2008   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Houston Frog...a few of us.

But we are all Texans fans as well!

I think if the Texans can tweak their D somehow they can go to the playoffs this year. I don't know HOW to do that but anyway...

And really if Cowboys fans act as bad as people claim on this board they should be whipped. I don't know people like that; we never acted like that at Texas Stadium and I wouldn't dream of insulting somebody else's fan base.

Not me!
Old 08-24-2008   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Houston Frog...a few of us.

But we are all Texans fans as well!

I think if the Texans can tweak their D somehow they can go to the playoffs this year. I don't know HOW to do that but anyway...

And really if Cowboys fans act as bad as people claim on this board they should be whipped. I don't know people like that; we never acted like that at Texas Stadium and I wouldn't dream of insulting somebody else's fan base.

Not me!
I haven't even posted since the game and I am a diehard Cowboy fan that posts here and likes the Texans. I'm with you, I have a hard time believing alot of the stories because in over 30 years I've never seen fellow fans just start in on fans without provocation. I just think people are thin skinned at times and if there is any "fan" banter..which happens in all stadiums..then they freak. I've heard more trash here about Cowboy fans and have had people at sports bars mess with me but it is usually in a fun way and I don't think the whole fan base of those teams reflects a few bad apples.

As far as the game, I thougth the Cowboys 1st team could have driven the field all day. The Texans need to shore up that D. Besides that it was entertaining for preseason and I think both teams got to see where the kinks are.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 08-24-2008 at 04:53 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

During and a few years after the 90s Superbowls, there was a guy on one of the Houston radio stations as a regular caller. He was some obnoxious Cowboy fan that occasionally also insulted the Oilers. There's also the "How 'Bout Them Cowboys!!!" commercial. Other than that, it's probably mainly just that the Cowboys have a lot of bandwagon fans in Houston. It's bothersome that they just root for which ever team has the most rings. We know that isn't going to change for a while. It's also things like Cowboys televised training camp in SA, when not even all of Houston's real games will probably be aired. It's hard for Texans fans to not have a short fuse with Cowboys fans sometimes.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

There's also some of the completely insensitive crap that Cowboys forum posters say on their own boards, but if our posters wouldn't bring it back here (or we wouldn't read it) it wouldn't be a problem, really.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
During and a few years after the 90s Superbowls, there was a guy on one of the Houston radio stations as a regular caller. He was some obnoxious Cowboy fan that occasionally also insulted the Oilers. There's also the "How 'Bout Them Cowboys!!!" commercial. Other than that, it's probably mainly just that the Cowboys have a lot of bandwagon fans in Houston. It's bothersome that they just root for which ever team has the most rings. We know that isn't going to change for a while. It's also things like Cowboys televised training camp in SA, when not even all of Houston's real games will probably be aired. It's hard for Texans fans to not have a short fuse with Cowboys fans sometimes.
Yea I get what you're saying...it's really best I think to have a thick skin where sports are concerned...unforunately nowadays there is alot of smack talk and sportsmanship flies by the wayside...it was not that way when I was attending games. You could go..even take your kids..have a good time and fans were more respectful of each other.

Generally if people are jerks I ignore them..I hear that same stuff on the radio.
Old 08-24-2008   #13
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There's also some of the completely insensitive crap that Cowboys forum posters say on their own boards, but if our posters wouldn't bring it back here (or we wouldn't read it) it wouldn't be a problem, really.
Yea all boards have their leaders in smack talk...the Cowboys are not exempt to fans like that. I'm on several Cowboys boards and they are there.

It only takes one comment to start very long smack threads..I avoid those.

I prefer to read threads written by fans that know their football...discuss their teams without being such homers they cannot be fair....and I like the posters that are up on stats and such because I am so not that way.

I have always liked the Texans...from day one I did...I was a fan of the Oilers as well when Bum was there...I did not care for Glanville at all...
Old 08-24-2008   #15
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I think too many people in general are not as courteous as they were 20 or so years ago. Football games aren't the only place this shows up, so if it happens other places as well, some of the same people are buying game tickets and posting on message boards.

I rarely visit our rivals board, and in those rare occasions that I do, I don't become offended with their opinion. I treat smack forums as generally that, and some of the best smack talk I've read was courtesy of Raider fans. The faint in heart would have a hard time coping. These guys must have gone from Smack 101 through the 600's.

The Cowboys and Redskins have had a long term rivalry going, but the unity between the Boys and Skiins fans I saw when Sean Taylor was murdered put it all in perspective. There was one poster that made a wisecrack about his lifestyle, and he was quickly put in check by the administrators. Both agreed that after the mourning, we would return to our rivalry status which did take a few weeks.

I also think that media play a big part in keeping contention and negativity going as well. Along, with fans, they seem to find the "one" comment by the "one" person and apply it to the whole. Example, the "one" fan that resented what his same seat in the new stadium would cost, was the only fan included in the clip. I can agree that the price was extremely expensive, but, there are many other seats in the stadium that could still afford a great gameday experience. A billion plus dollar stadium is going to come with a sticker shock.

I need clarification about this particular section. Is this a rivalry, smack or both seciton? Is it also for serious sports talk, but limited for the most part to rivals? I ask because most smack if full of nonsense and is not to be taken seriously or to cause anger.

My take away from the game on last Friday was 1st the Cowboys need to work on getting the ball into the hands of their players because no matter how good you look coming out, one momentum shift can change the outcome, Schaub did not look good the first half, but did improve, and the Texans defense will have some work to improve upon before the Pittsburgh game. Hopefully for all teams these four weeks will help in identifying what needs to be perfected before the regular season begins. Jury still out on Roy Williams, and Felix Jones was so-so, Slaton looked great as did Colombo and Flozell. I like Carpenter, but most posting fans aren't impressed.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #16
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For me, a couple of fans that I did not like was Cowboy Bill Lamza and Cowboy Steve. A lot are the bandwagon fans in Houston also. I remember going into a company and just brought up the victory(19-10) in our first year and a guy stuck his head in the middle of the conversation and said 5 Super Bowl rings! Since I live in Corpus I don't have to listen to that much anymore.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Slow your roll GuerillaBlack, I am not a Cowboy fan.

I was at one time. but even then, they weren't my first team.

I don't hate them, I root for them, because they are from Texas, just like I root for TCU, TT, TA&M, UT, SMU, etc...

I'd like to see an all Texas SuperBowl, but I'm not a Cowboys fan.
Old 08-24-2008   #18
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
For me, a couple of fans that I did not like was Cowboy Bill Lamza and Cowboy Steve. A lot are the bandwagon fans in Houston also. I remember going into a company and just brought up the victory(19-10) in our first year and a guy stuck his head in the middle of the conversation and said 5 Super Bowl rings! Since I live in Corpus I don't have to listen to that much anymore.
Almost every major store in Corpus has 95% Cowboys merchandise with 5% Texans, and 85% Texas and Texas A&M merchandise, with 15% Texas Tech. it's ridiculous.
Old 08-24-2008   #19
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRaider View Post
Almost every major store in Corpus has 95% Cowboys merchandise with 5% Texans, and 85% Texas and Texas A&M merchandise, with 15% Texas Tech. it's ridiculous.
Try being a Baylor fan. Baylor doesnt even allow people to sell their stuff, I freaking hate that i am a sports fan of theirs, the university sucks, they hate their students and are freakin stuck up....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #20
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRaider View Post

That gets to me also but when we start winning I think it will be closer to50/50. I do see people wearing Texans gear here. I still think the Texans should spend some money on advertising here. It would be cool if they could send players and coaches on a ticket minivan during the off season. They did the first year but haven't since.

Right now in Corpus it's the Spurs in basketball, Cowboys in football, and Astros(other than the Hooks) in baseball that get the most attention here.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read