Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2008   #581
RotorTrash007
Rookie

Default Re: Texans vs. Cowboys gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I completely disagree. He wanted to avoid overtime, and I am happy he did. This is, after all, just a preseason game.
yeah its just a preseason game but it was for bragging rights... you dont know what its like to live with my family being the only Texans fan. I totally understand why, but its just knowing the crap Im gonna have to deal with... Ive already gotten tons of calls from members in my family. If you were in my shoes you would understand. Football is huge in this family.
RotorTrash007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #582
RotorTrash007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
But do you agree that the refs were simply cow patties painted in zebra stripes?
yes totally agree... its was ridiculous
Old 08-23-2008   #583
RotorTrash007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
His game today looked pretty good?

He finished with no receptions and he returned one punt for one yard. He failed to control one ball that negated a TD, then dropped a fairly straight forward pass for the 2 point conversion. What did he actually do right?
Jones just doesn't protect the ball like hes been taught since he was a kid...you see him running the ball is all over the place all around him... easy for a defender to just make a light swat at the ball and cause a fumble... hes just not for us maybe he would be suitable for another team, but Texans we dont need him and hes expendable in my opinion.
Old 08-23-2008   #584
RotorTrash007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-texan View Post
i would be very happy with taylor, slatton and walker as our only rb's going into the season. Cut the fat now and bring in some new cb options...
amen
Old 08-23-2008   #585
RotorTrash007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I lived in Dallas and Cowboys fans don't even acknowledge the Texans organization, must of the hate is completely one sided, which in the end kinda makes us look bush league IMO.

I mean don't get me wrong......I loathe "Mr. Houstonian cowboys fan", because "Mr. Houstonian cowboys fan" is always running his mouth about the success of yester year, but other than that, I don't really give a crap about the cowboys or feel like hating them is worth my energy.

What I hate the most is "Mr. Houstonian Titans fan", they are the dumbest people of all.....they say "I'm loyal to my team and my Oilers", like that team was loyal to them or something.
LMAO thats funny because I know exactly what you re talking about.
Old 08-23-2008   #586
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
yeah, we can watch our record against theirs during the reg. season, that is a more accurate view of one tx team's dominance over the other...besides the fact that our division is tougher

IMO, as much as I dislike the city of Dallas, their football team, and their arrogant fans, the division they play in is a pretty tough one as well. playing Philly and the NYG's twice each season has to be almost as tough as playing the Jags and Colts twice a year.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #587
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Is it just me? I think JJ thinks about the end result of the play too early.
Old 08-23-2008   #588
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Is it just me? I think JJ thinks about the end result of the play too early.
Does he even think?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #589
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Lol.
Old 08-23-2008   #590
Tex Trenches
Veteran

I thought it was a well played game for the most part. Looking forward to the Steelers.
Old 08-24-2008   #591
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 123 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacobe Jones thinks like he's still "Mr. High School Harry Football Star", and needs to mature a whole lot before he will be the player he thinks he is. A legend in his own mind.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #592
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Jacobe Jones thinks like he's still "Mr. High School Harry Football Star", and needs to mature a whole lot before he will be the player he thinks he is. A legend in his own mind.
That's not true, you can tell by the way he was sitting on the bench(after a mistake) that he doesn't think that way at all.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read