Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2008   #1
maddogmrb
Veteran

Rep Power: 5153 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Demeco & the Other Team

Demeco: "Okay guys, Smith wants us to do the one blitz package he's given us so he can placate all those who say we don't blitz. So Anthony, you drop back in coverage 15 yards to cover for the LB who's blitzing. Come on guys, we know it's crap, but do your best."

Other teams OT: "Okay Weaver's dropping back in coverage again, where's that LB? Got 'em! Come on Texans, is that all you got?"

Other teams QB: "Woo Hoo! Weaver's back in coverage. Where's my TE? There he is open by 7 yards. 20 yard gain!"

Other team's OC: "Weaver's back in coverage. We've got their LB. 20 yard gain! Geez, this is a high school defense. Wonder when AJ becomes a free agent?"

Other team's HC: "Weaver's back in coverage. We've got their LB. 20 yard gain! Mario & Demeco can't be happy playing in that crap. Wonder when they become free agents?"

YES, FIRE RICHARD SMITH NOW BECAUSE IT WON'T GET ANY BETTER WHEN THE SEASON STARTS. Better to start a new scheme with a new coach and suffer thru a few embarassments early than be embarassed the entire season.

No, we don't have the talent we need on defense but, good schemes can make up for some of that lack. A lack of talent + poor schemes = embarassment.

Thank goodness we have a competent offense.

maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #2
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demeco & the Other Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Demeco: "Okay guys, Smith wants us to do the one blitz package he's given us so he can placate all those who say we don't blitz. So Anthony, you drop back in coverage 15 yards to cover for the LB who's blitzing. Come on guys, we know it's crap, but do your best."

Other teams OT: "Okay Weaver's dropping back in coverage again, where's that LB? Got 'em! Come on Texans, is that all you got?"

Other teams QB: "Woo Hoo! Weaver's back in coverage. Where's my TE? There he is open by 7 yards. 20 yard gain!"

Other team's OC: "Weaver's back in coverage. We've got their LB. 20 yard gain! Geez, this is a high school defense. Wonder when AJ becomes a free agent?"

Other team's HC: "Weaver's back in coverage. We've got their LB. 20 yard gain! Mario & Demeco can't be happy playing in that crap. Wonder when they become free agents?"

YES, FIRE RICHARD SMITH NOW BECAUSE IT WON'T GET ANY BETTER WHEN THE SEASON STARTS. Better to start a new scheme with a new coach and suffer thru a few embarassments early than be embarassed the entire season.

No, we don't have the talent we need on defense but, good schemes can make up for some of that lack. A lack of talent + poor schemes = embarassment.

Thank goodness we have a competent offense.

Enough said
Old 08-23-2008   #3
Polo

Lets scheme and play to our Strengths!!!!

Quick...

Someone name one of our strengths defensively not named Mario or Demeco....

Play to our strengths...What are those and how do you get them exactly ?
Old 08-23-2008   #4
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post

Better yet, let's trade our entire defensive backfield for Jerome McDougle and Joe Mays.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #5
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

yep...

i wonder if smith saw the superbowl, i wonder if he noticed that the only reason the patriots didnt go 19-0 was because NY brought the House on D the whole game. I dont know who he thinks he is but he is single handedly pissing me off and ruining the texans D.....

Good DCs make bad players look good, he makes our good players look bad....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #6
maddogmrb
Veteran

Rep Power: 5153 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
yep...

i wonder if smith saw the superbowl, i wonder if he noticed that the only reason the patriots didnt go 19-0 was because NY brought the House on D the whole game. I dont know who he thinks he is but he is single handedly pissing me off and ruining the texans D.....

Good DCs make bad players look good, he makes our good players look bad....

What Wesman is saying
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #7
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post

Quick...

Someone name one of our strengths defensively not named Mario or Demeco....
Fred Bennett! Ha, just trying to raise your bp a little. But really, I like Freddie B.
Old 08-23-2008   #8
Polo

For one game I wish Smith would all out blitz for y'all with the most exotic schemes ever.....

Just so we could lose by 100 and he could go ahead and get fired on the spot...
Old 08-23-2008   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish Dunta had been healthy all last year.

Had he been healthy, he'd have already handled Richard Smith the same way he handled David Carr. Anybody know what I'm talkin' about?

Dunta is like The Godfather: If he says somebody gets whacked, it's over.

(Sigh).

Why didn't Kubiak just give Ray Rhodes the job and get this over with over the offseason?

We're stuck with Richard for the season. Ain't no way he gets canned before the end of the season, so give up THAT pipe dream already.
Old 08-23-2008   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We're stuck with Richard for the season. Ain't no way he gets canned before the end of the season, so give up THAT pipe dream already.
I wouldn't be to sure about that. If Ricky boy doesn't get the job done, I think Smith will make the right decesion. It's true we aren't overloaded with talent on the defense, but at the same time, our defense has a very good base of great players and should be performing better.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I wouldn't be to sure about that. If Ricky boy doesn't get the job done, I think Smith will make the right decesion. It's true we aren't overloaded with talent on the defense, but at the same time, our defense has a very good base of great players and should be performing better.
Gotta say that I highly doubt Richard Smith is canned before end of season.

It'll be Ray Rhodes' job in 2009.
Old 08-23-2008   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Gotta say that I highly doubt Richard Smith is canned before end of season.

It'll be Ray Rhodes' job in 2009.

If Rick Smith comes to believe that Richard Smith's defense is keeping us from making the playoffs, he'll be gone in a heartbeat.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
For one game I wish Smith would all out blitz for y'all with the most exotic schemes ever.....

Just so we could lose by 100 and he could go ahead and get fired on the spot...
Maybe 200!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Maybe 200!
Don't worry Texan fans. They didn't bring me here for nothing.

Signed,

Ray Rhodes
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read