Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2008   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone Notice how easy our '09 schedule looks?

So I'm not the type to look ahead to next years schedule. we haven't even had this season, and normally I wouldn't even think about the schedule until well into the off season but I was bored and I stumbled across our '09 competition and wow! It looks like a cupcake ride right now!

Other than the Jax, Tax, and Colts, We play New England and um.... that's it!

Niners, Seahawks, Jets, Cards, Dolphins, Rams and Bills!?!? Really?!

Two opponents yet to be named but I mean if they're not really good teams we're looking at a real nancyfest 2009!

crazy!

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/2009opponents.asp

Last edited by barrett; 08-22-2008 at 01:00 AM.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone Notice how easy our '09 schedule looks?

we have 6 games in are divison thats tough enough

The seahawks are no pushovers

Lat time we played the bills i think we Lost and there a good young team

Jets ... Farve need i say more

we barely beat miami last year

cards are decnet

and dont sleep on the rams trust me i have a feeling they will be pretty good this year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

fun to ponder, we owe the hawks & jets a Bills game compounded by weather & stiff D much harder than it appears while Miami may need the game to save the tuna & a set-up, not to mention nursing injurys to prepare for the playoffs, assuming its the last game.

All chips in the Texans could win the AFC South in 09 with an 11-5 record judging by this schedule difficulty. good stuff Barrett

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #4
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
It looks like a cupcake ride right now! [...]we're looking at a real nancyfest 2009! crazy!
Because you have said that, you have jinxed us. The Niners, Seahawks, Jets, Cards, Dolphins, Rams and Bills will all somehow make the playoffs this year, and then proceed to have great drafts and grab unbelievable amounts of awesome free agents in the following off season.

The schedule will look so bad Kubiak and Smith will quit. Capers and Casserly will be rehired. Every promising young player we have will be traded, along with a 4 round pick, for another team's tired old has been. Carr will be brought back on a 10 year, 300,000,000 dollar deal. It will somehow be structured so we can't cut, release, or trade him ever again, ever. Chad Stanley, Corey Bradford, Stacy Mack, and Gary Walker will return. And start.

The Texans will be the first team to ever go 0-17. We will lose one game so badly that the NFL will make a special ruling just for us that it counts twice. In despair, McNair will sell the team to Bud Adams. He will then build a unholy altar of cow bones that have digested by a crocodile on the giant Texans logo in Reliant, then sacrifice a diseased chicken on it while cursing our names for ever kicking him out of the city. This act will place a vile voodoo curse on us that will never allow us to have a winning football season in Houston ever again. Then Adams will promptly demand a new stadium or threaten to leave.

Thanks a lot barrett.

Last edited by CTWade; 08-22-2008 at 03:19 AM.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, what will happen is those "easy" wins will be tough teams by then....and we'll still crush them.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The Niners looked pretty good last night, against the Bears. I know it's just the preseason, but JT O'sullivan looks more than capable to lead that offense. It is very possible they win their division.

Seahawks... yeah, that ain't no easy game, their defense is Tier 1, or a high 2 at the very least.

Bills, You really can't say, they're like us going through so many changes.... their talented, their young, and they look to be getting better.

Miami....

It's just too early to count any of those teams out.
Old 08-22-2008   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Yeah you can't really sleep on the Bills, I think they're a good team.
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2008   #8
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Yeah you can't really sleep on the Bills, I think they're a good team.
I am somewhat in agreement, I think they are a team on the rise...I think they go 7-9 this season....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the team to be named later is the Browns. Im starting to like this rivalry
Old 08-22-2008   #10
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79918 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

2009 before the first game of 2008?!?!?

If people saw the Texans on their 2008 schedule in August of 2007 would they think easy game? Would their opinion be the same today?

I couldn't begin to speculate on that schedule.
Old 08-22-2008   #11
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
So I'm not the type to look ahead to next years schedule. we haven't even had this season, and normally I wouldn't even think about the schedule until well into the off season but I was bored and I stumbled across our '09 competition and wow! It looks like a cupcake ride right now!

Other than the Jax, Tax, and Colts, We play New England and um.... that's it!

Niners, Seahawks, Jets, Cards, Dolphins, Rams and Bills!?!? Really?!

Two opponents yet to be named but I mean if they're not really good teams we're looking at a real nancyfest 2009!

crazy!

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/2009opponents.asp
We have no idea as to how good or bad those temas are going to be in 2009.
El cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El cabezon View Post
We have no idea as to how good or bad those temas are going to be in 2009.
True that. There have been people who look at stats that show that year to year what is a good team or a bad team can change a lot.

Besides, the NFL will screw it up for us by scheduling our bye week really early, or having us play a bunch of road games in a row, or whatever.
Old 08-22-2008   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure did. And that's a very good reason to put your Texans-playoff dreams
on hold untill 2009.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
we have 6 games in are divison thats tough enough

The seahawks are no pushovers

Lat time we played the bills i think we Lost and there a good young team

Jets ... Farve need i say more

we barely beat miami last year

cards are decnet

and dont sleep on the rams trust me i have a feeling they will be pretty good this year
Farve repeatedly sacked by Mario Williams........no you need not say more, I took care of it for ya.
Old 08-22-2008   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The way we've been having it, the two teams TBA will be the Chargers and the Steelers.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Farve repeatedly sacked by Mario Williams........no you need not say more, I took care of it for ya.
Retirement that sticks

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #17
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i wasn't making any hard predictions about how it's going to be. i even mentioned that i don't ever look that far ahead but i was bored. lighten up. it just "looks" like a pretty manageable schedule. it could be worse. the part that i'm mostly excited about is that it's more than likely that we'll be an even better football team by then!

Go Texans.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #18
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

If we lose all 6 games in our division(which is always possible in the south), then we'd have to win the rest of our schedule all the way through just to have a shot. And i think by then Miami will be a much improved team, and the Seahawks will always be solid.
Old 08-22-2008   #19
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The way we've been having it, the two teams TBA will be the Chargers and the Steelers.

That would actually be a very good thing.

The Schedule for the breaks down like this...Barrett has the idea on the 1st 14 games

6 Divisional games (3 home / 3 away JAX IND TEN)
4 vs. rotating AFC division teams - Last year AFC West...this year AFC North...Next year AFC East
4 vs. rotating AFC division teams - Last year NFC South...this year NFC North...Next year NFC West

The other 2 AFC games are determined by where a team finished within their division...that's why we keep seeing NE SD and IND playing each other every year. It's also why we have had a steady diet of Oakland, Miami, the Jets etc.

This year the Texans have last place finishers OAK and MIA on the schedule.

If next year has PIT and SD on our schedule, I think we will like the outcome of this season. Either that or SD and PIT will be very unhappy with their 2008 campaigns.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read