Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2008   #21
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP
Default Re: feedback on Ahman Green contract

Ahman Green costs us some big bucks. I, for one, still hold out some hope that he plays 16 games for us this season, as does Chris Brown. I know history doesn't substantiate my claim, but I am an optimist as far as the Texans go. Here's to optimism and a new season for the Texans. Rock 'n Roll!
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #22
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: feedback on Ahman Green contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Any idea what part is salary vs. guaranteed money? Unless Green stays healthy for 16 games and plays very well, I can't see him being on the rost in '09 or '10. But isn't something like $6.5million of the $23 million guaranteed? Depending on how much is already guaranteed vs. what is purely salary on this next year and beyond will be a huge factor. Not to mention that his Roster spot could be invaluable.

EDIT: The $5 million signing bonus... is that part of his guaranteed portion or is it seperate alltogether?
They can cut green and owe nothing. Salaries are noon guaranteed and since he collected 3.8m bonus his 1st yr and the other 1.2m is roster bonus, this can be a done deal. If the bonus was prorated over 5yrs at 1m per, all that money comes forward. So the texans can release him if they choose.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read