Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-21-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Funny excuse from VY fanboy

I'm currently having a spirited debate on another forum witha VY homer who claims that the Titans DEF/ST dont have nearly as much to do with the Titans winning games than people seem to think. Here's a snippet from it:

From: TheRealJoker Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 1 day ago
Ignore | Quote | Edit

And the Titans had 8 regular season games where they scored 17 points or less. Going 4-4 in those games. I guess those wins had nothing to do with the superior DEF/ST?

Of those 8 games only 2 of them did they score atleast 16 points. In 6 of those games they scored 13 points or less... going 3-3 in those 6 games. I guess it was the DEF/ST fault they lost those 3 games?

Yes, he had much more of an impact on his team's W/L record than Rex Grossman for the 06 Bears...LOL
You have ignored this user.
From: shadetree Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 1 day ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up

"And the Titans had 8 regular season games where they scored 17 points or less. Going 4-4 in those games. I guess those wins had nothing to do with the superior DEF/ST?"

Jeff Fisher has always been a ball control coach. He prefers winning the time of possession, instead of lighting up the scoreboard.Thats why the Titans under his watch, have traditionally run the ball so much.

"Yes, he had much more of an impact on his team's W/L record than Rex Grossman for the 06 Bears...LOL"

Thanks for agreeing with me captain obvious.
Old 08-21-2008   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Funny excuse from VY fanboy

Yes, you read that correctly, the homer actually claimed that a ball control offense equates to not scoring points!!! I'm convinced he could give SH a run for his money!!!
Old 08-21-2008   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey look! I have a tail! I think I'm going to chase it now!
Old 08-21-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been thinking about the Titans for a few days, how I disagree with their draft strategy, how they really aren't that good of a team but are so darn competitive and produce these scrappy wins.

I'll preface this with my thoughts on VY. I think the guy is a tremendous talent, extremely athletic, fun to watch... a guy you want to root for (unless your a rival), and is a good motivator/leader, he pushes his teammates to be better. On the other hand, if it's not Madden... I don't want him to be my QB, in real football I don't like the scrambling kind, he can't throw the ball worth a darn- has no accuracy, relies WAY too much on his God-given talent and not his football smarts. I'll give him another few years to progress his football IQ before I really call him a bust.

With that said, he doesn't have the talent at WR to be that successful. TE's should provide for a good target for him (shorter passes). Why the hell don't the draft a good WR for him!!?? Well the answer I've finally realized is that the front office understands it wouldn't make that much difference right now.

The Titans have an awesome rushing attack now. Between VY, Johnson, White, Henry? (last years pick?) anyways... teams know they're going to run the ball yet they will still be able to be successful. This limits the amount of passes VY has to attempt (less turnovers) and keeps the T.O.P. in the titans favor. Then you get to their Defense and Special teams which are very good. Their easily a top 10 D going into the season with room to crack the top 5 in my opinion...

VY's job is easy in that offensive strategy. He's not a great QB and never will be because he's not really going to be forced to be a prototypical QB. All that matters is W's and they'll find a way to get those. He'll be a good football player but never a great QB.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I've been thinking about the Titans for a few days, how I disagree with their draft strategy, how they really aren't that good of a team but are so darn competitive and produce these scrappy wins.

I'll preface this with my thoughts on VY. I think the guy is a tremendous talent, extremely athletic, fun to watch... a guy you want to root for (unless your a rival), and is a good motivator/leader, he pushes his teammates to be better. On the other hand, if it's not Madden... I don't want him to be my QB, in real football I don't like the scrambling kind, he can't throw the ball worth a darn- has no accuracy, relies WAY too much on his God-given talent and not his football smarts. I'll give him another few years to progress his football IQ before I really call him a bust.
Where does this misconception come from that vy has football smarts? The offense at UT was dumbed down for vy to a first read if open throw if not run. He could not grasp Chows playbook and it was dumbed down and in his second year he regressed and got chow fired. Now they have a new old coordinator who is talking about working on his mechanics (which should have been done while he was in High School). So someone please explain to me where this premis is that he has football smarts. He is a gifted athlete I will give him that but that is all he is.
Old 08-21-2008   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With that said, he doesn't have the talent at WR to be that successful.
*cough*EXCUSE*cough*

If VY is not a good passer, then how can we truly judge the WRs?
Old 08-21-2008   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
*cough*EXCUSE*cough*

He could become one...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2008   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
He could become one...
Yup, right about the time HWSRN wins a Super Bowl...
Old 08-21-2008   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
relies WAY too much on his God-given talent and not his football smarts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Where does this misconception come from that vy has football smarts? The offense at UT was dumbed down for vy to a first read if open throw if not run. He could not grasp Chows playbook and it was dumbed down and in his second year he regressed and got chow fired. Now they have a new old coordinator who is talking about working on his mechanics (which should have been done while he was in High School). So someone please explain to me where this premis is that he has football smarts. He is a gifted athlete I will give him that but that is all he is.
Well maybe I didn't say that the best way I could have? I don't think it's a misconception that he has football smarts. It's the level those smarts are at. Maybe I should have said "or lack thereof"... ANYWAYS... the whole point is all he uses is his talent... if all you do is go off your talent, you'll rarely ever progess, especially at QB. I completely agree with what your saying though. I thought they should have selected Leinart but that's irrelevant now. What is relevant is when they selected VY.. Chow was done- Vince would never fit as a pocket passer. In order for him to progress, he's got to be taught.

And yes he does have football smarts- he gat a what.. 6 on the wonderlick? No smarts would be Zero, I never said it was good football smarts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
*cough*EXCUSE*cough*

I'm not trying to make excuses for him whatsoever. But I'd love to hear you argue that the Titans wideouts are good. Where would you rank them relative to the other nfl teams? I think we can all agree they COULD use an upgrade.
Old 08-21-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not trying to make excuses for him whatsoever. But I'd love to hear you argue that the Titans wideouts are good. Where would you rank them relative to the other nfl teams? I think we can all agree they COULD use an upgrade.
They looked decent enough whenever Kerry Collins racked up 280 yards against us....

....... Just sayin'
Old 08-21-2008   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
They looked decent enough whenever Kerry Collins racked up 280 yards against us....

....... Just sayin'
Alex Smith looked like a God against us.
Old 08-21-2008   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

....... Just sayin'
Was that the same game when Roydell Williams racked up half of those yards playing against Petey Faggins? And the same game when although they got those yards, never got a passing TD? Again... going back to the point- they won that game (and most all their games) because of their running game and defense/special teams.

Passing TD's: 0 (0 points)
Rushing TD's: 2 (12 points)
Bironas FG's: 8 (26 points including 2 pat's)
Old 08-21-2008   #13
Dekka
Rookie

Quote:

....... Just sayin'
Kerry Collins's record in the preseason is just as crappy and in the last game he had several passes that sailed or where otherwise well off the mark. No one in Hickville is clamouring for Collins to get the nod over Vince.

Both Collins and Young are not doing well. *Maybe* the receivers have something to do with it. (Note: I did not say they have "everything" to do with it.)
Dekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yeah, buddy. That 68 passer rating looked like future hall of famer.
Old 08-21-2008   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

lol I wonder if he got it confused with Joey Harrington
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #16
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Now they have a new old coordinator who is talking about working on his mechanics (which should have been done while he was in High School).

There is nothing wrong with VYs throwing mechanics.

Sincerely,

Skipping rocks across a lake
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 115739 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post

Sincerely,

LMAO! That's funny as hell for some reason.
Old 08-21-2008   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LMAO! That's funny as hell for some reason.
It got me to crack up laughing.
Old 08-21-2008   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not sure what that has to do with the Titans receivers, but ok.

Quote:
Was that the same game when Roydell Williams racked up half of those yards playing against Petey Faggins? And the same game when although they got those yards, never got a passing TD? Again... going back to the point- they won that game (and most all their games) because of their running game and defense/special teams.

Passing TD's: 0 (0 points)
Rushing TD's: 2 (12 points)
Bironas FG's: 8 (26 points including 2 pat's)
I know what the stats are. Williams racking up 44% of those yards is approximately proportionate to what AJ does to other teams. Collins inability to score TD's may have been more about lack of snaps or a little rust, but he certainly moved the ball at will. The play of that game was a play not made........ by Dunta on Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Kerry Collins's record in the preseason is just as crappy and in the last game he had several passes that sailed or where otherwise well off the mark. No one in Hickville is clamouring for Collins to get the nod over Vince.

Both Collins and Young are not doing well. *Maybe* the receivers have something to do with it. (Note: I did not say they have "everything" to do with it.)
I wouldn't put too much credence into preseason performances including whether its VY or Schaub going 14 of 16. Also, if you go to gotitans.com you will see more and more tack fans getting tired of VY. I'm not saying they are calling for Collins, but that wasn't point above anyway.... Point was and remains, Collins was effective throwing the ball against us with the same WR's that VY has - irrespective of whoever is covering them...

Maybe it could be that they don't want to spend money on receivers when they're not sure or know that their QB can't get the ball to them. What would probably help them and vincent though - is getting a tall athletic guy who can catch those jump balls like Sweed did for Young at Texas...

For those that missed the point of my post it is this...

The receivers that Collins had were the same receivers that VY had. Collins was able to move the ball in the air and VY was not.. Period.
Old 08-21-2008   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post

Sincerely,

Wish I could rep. you... "You must spread.... yada yada yada"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read