Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2008   #21
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fred Weary on IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If I were the Texans I would pay the man for this year, leave him on IR, and deal with reaching an injury settlement at the end of the year if it looks necessary.
This makes no sense because he has a one year deal and at the end of the year there is no injury settlement because he would already have earned his 800k by virtue of being on the IR and his current contract expires on March 1 *unless he is moved to waived-INJ which appears to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
More than likely, the issue is that Weary doesn't want to go on the IR. He feels he'll be ready to play at some point in the season. The agreement would be to allow Weary to seek other employment in '08, I think.
This is more in line with what I think is going on. The Texans can also re-sign him at some point - just can't recall the procedure off the top of my head.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #22
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
our OL:

Brown, Pitts, Myers, Briesel, Winston

Butler, Frye, Studdard, GWhite...... Salaam if we keep 10.

I was hoping Weary could be our 10th. Maybe he'll be back for us next season.
Didn't Eslinger beat out Chris White? Or is White injured?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #23
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

He was in at my work today.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Didn't Eslinger beat out Chris White? Or is White injured?
To the best of my knowledge, White is the backup center and the backup right guard. When we go to our 2's, we put White in for Brisiel and Eslinger in for Myers but White really is the #2 center.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
This makes no sense because he has a one year deal and at the end of the year there is no injury settlement because he would already have earned his 800k by virtue of being on the IR and his current contract expires on March 1 *unless he is moved to waived-INJ which appears to be the case.
You're right. I'd forgotten about the one year deal.
Old 08-19-2008   #26
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

So did they put him on the IR or not? The title of the thread is starting to confuse me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read