Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2008   #1
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tailgate Injury Report

Look...just like preseason is for the team, but its all for the tail gaters too. We are all bound to get hurt or do someting stupid. Injuries are worth bonus points

Here's the place you post which tailgating gear (and you can include people...but be nice) you have that is on Injured Reserve. Please explain what happened to your gear or your friend and if they will be able to make i back before the end of preseason (why or why not).

I'll start with one of us. On of our members went out on injured reserve by opening too many beers for us to shotgun. He missed 3 weeks wirh limited movemet of this thumb before he came back. Everyone is waiting to see if he is as 'strong' when he gets back to beer opening full time.

So what's your tailgating mishap? All Colors welcome!!

BTW - you could add someone hit my car...someone stole my beer....GET CREATIVE!!!

Last edited by texanmojo; 08-18-2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: wanted more deail
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #2
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: Tailgate Injury Report

In tailgate camp earlier this year, my Texans canopy was put on the CUP ( canopy unable to perform list ). During a BBQ a freak storm came up and had one of its legs broken in two places. Am in search of a replacement before regular season starts.
Old 08-19-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
In tailgate camp earlier this year, my Texans canopy was put on the CUP ( canopy unable to perform list ). During a BBQ a freak storm came up and had one of its legs broken in two places. Am in search of a replacement before regular season starts.
I had to place my canopy on the CUP list also. It wasn't from whenever the wind kicked up - as we were able to manage holding it down. The injury occurred while breaking down at around 6:00....

It was my second canopy in under 7 years. My next canopy will be purchased with highly incentive laden clauses (i.e. freakin' warranty).
Old 08-19-2008   #4
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Love it! Canopy Unable to Perform list. Cracked me up.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I guess my sweet little old canopy deserves an Olympic medal then. Been ridin around in the back of various trunks, trucks, and buses for going on seven years now, and STILL manages to "get it up" when it see's platinum!! Not quiet ready for the CUP list, just yet anyway!

I do have a MIA though!! A GIRL fan took my brand new TEXAN labeled ice chest TWO years ago and won't give it back!! I've never been able to find another one like it either!! I just have to believe that little old ice chest worked it's magic and made that Cowboy see the light! Is that possible???
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, I guess my sweet little old canopy deserves an Olympic medal then. Been ridin around in the back of various trunks, trucks, and buses for going on seven years now, and STILL manages to "get it up" when it see's platinum!! Not quiet ready for the CUP list, just yet anyway!
Maybe my canopy needs "the little blue pill"...?
Old 08-19-2008   #7
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I am still suffering from PTTS(Post Traumatic Tailgate Syndrome) from the '06 Christmas Eve game against the Colts. I had severe frost bite from reaching into the ice chest waaaay too many times durring freezing temps. I have recovered physically, but mentally I am still working through it. When I close my eyes I can still see the 5-man shotgun 30's clear as day.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2008   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Maybe my canopy needs "the little blue pill"...?
All your canopy needed was some of Mojo's little BLUE can's!!
Old 08-19-2008   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

My portable gas grill is currently on the preseason PUP list. During offseason OTA's it was discovered the burner is clogged with grease from last season and needs to be scoped. Worst case scenario it may need full burner replacement surgery. We expect it to be ready by the home opener. By no means is this a carreer ending injury.

Last edited by Vinnie; 08-19-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spellign
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
All your canopy needed was some of Mojo's little BLUE can's!!
What it wound up getting was a one way ticket to the dumpster....
Old 08-19-2008   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

My camo pants had a sprained side pocket that's had a hole in it and it's getting bigger. I have to be very careful to remember not to put my keys or wallet in there, as a fumble of that magnitude could cost Team TDC a ride home.

But, they'll be o.k., as my wife is a good physical therapist and can work wonders with a needle and thread. The pants are expected to be ready for the Tampa Bay pre-season game.
Old 08-19-2008   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My camo pants had a sprained side pocket that's had a hole in it and it's getting bigger. I have to be very careful to remember not to put my keys or wallet in there, as a fumble of that magnitude could cost Team TDC a ride home.

But, they'll be o.k., as my wife is a good physical therapist and can work wonders with a needle and thread. The pants are expected to be ready for the Tampa Bay pre-season game.
Well, thank goodness it was a SIDE pocket!! Would hate for something else to be falling out!!

Last edited by SheTexan; 08-19-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-19-2008   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, thank goodness it was a SIDE pocket!! Would hate for something else to be falling out!!
hehe! Hide the women and children!
Old 08-19-2008   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I have officially placed the "grill to go" on retired/inactive list and sent in the official retirement papers to the head office. After numerous grilling activities, she's got no flame left.

RIP, and hopefully you'll be a first ballot grill of fame inductee.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #15
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The finger nail on my right index finger was quite sore after opening so many beers at the first tailigate party. Typical overuse injury. It shouldn't affect gameday performance at future tailgates though. I just checked the depth chart and I'm stacked 10 deep at that position. One of them will be ready to play.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #16
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Lovin the CUP list...

We have several coolers on the CUP list too...I think i have seen many TUPs as well...'Tailgaters unable to Perform' at the post tailgate party...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Lovin the CUP list...

We have several coolers on the CUP list too...I think i have seen many TUPs as well...'Tailgaters unable to Perform' at the post tailgate party...
I'm very TUP prone....
Old 08-19-2008   #18
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

My flag pole and texan flag are now MIA due to a SOB walking around the ORANGE lot. The poles career is now done and must be replaced by a rookie.

It's partly my fault. It was the only piece of tailgating supplies that was not put away. DAMN!!!!
Old 08-19-2008   #19
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, at last count 1-02 2-04 4-06 Houston Texans Koozies are MIA from my collection!

Pretty sure they walked away with complimentary cold beverages!
Old 08-19-2008   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

We seem to have the same problem with canopies that the Texans have had at LT.

We are currently on our FOURTH one. Now granted, Jungle Bob has been known to use them in off-season conditioning activities, and as a result, the weather took one of them out when he left it to the elements overnight. The other two that went to the CUP list were taken out in the line of duty. High winds caught both of them un-anchored in the yellow lot. They were brutal, ugly injuries, too. One of them got left on the field, obviously beyond rehab. The other was taken into a conditioning program by the Captain, replaced with a bionic leg, and currently handles light duty activities.

The current canopy is a second year vet, and the coaches are watching him closely. Since I drafted him, I take every precaution to prevent him from staying out late or performing in dangerous weather conditions. He also got an upgrade of 5-lb. anchors for each leg, and has a reinforced skeleton to maximize it's potential. I think *knocks on wood* that he should be our starting canopy for many years to come.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read