Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-15-2008   #41
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Would Trade ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Well ok maybe so but don't just tell me this tell some other people on this board as well.
Thats just way to many people to quote.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008   #42
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Thats just way to many people to quote.
LOL. I did notice he had trouble throwing.
Old 08-15-2008   #43
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He did an OK job running. If IIRC he was the Cards QB in preseason and looked Horrid when trying to throw the ball.

Call me old fashioned but I believe a QB should be able to throw.
I thought Boyd looked rather sharp for us last week.
He hit Carter(?) dead between the numbers and he (Carter) flat dropped the ball. He wasn't throwing behind guys or into traffic like Sage was. I dunno whut was wrong with Sage last week.... ...off night I guess...

And I like a QB, with quick feet, that can get a few yds from time to time on the run. However, I do wholeheartedly agree, a QB's primary weapon should be his brain, followed very closely by his arm.
Old 08-15-2008   #44
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll just have watch more of him I guess.
Old 08-15-2008   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I"m looking forward to seeing Brink play this weekend.

Brink or Boyd may be our backup QB in 09-10
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #46
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Our ENTIRE backfield (yes all QB's and RB's) to the Iggles for Kolb and Tony Hunt. I know some of you will like this.....
you're high and dumb.
Old 08-16-2008   #47
bollocks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
It needs a little more work but to say it's crap is just dumb IMO.
It's not quite crap. It's not too much better than crap though. This season, in my opinion is make or break for Schaub; if his performance isn't improved than I would be comfortable looking into other options. We can't make the mistake of hanging onto a bad QB for too long (like we did with Carr). As far as RBs go, Leach is solid and both Slaton and Walker have third down back potential. Aside from that, I open to getting rid of it all.
Old 08-16-2008   #48
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
you're high and dumb.
hmm.. I guess you missed my post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
There should be a disclaimer in the title.......I just wasted a good 10 minutes reading this thread.
Seriously for the betterment of mankind, there has got to be a way that we can warn others from clicking on this thread........we are the last hope.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #49
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
It's not quite crap. It's not too much better than crap though. This season, in my opinion is make or break for Schaub; if his performance isn't improved than I would be comfortable looking into other options. We can't make the mistake of hanging onto a bad QB for too long (like we did with Carr). As far as RBs go, Leach is solid and both Slaton and Walker have third down back potential. Aside from that, I open to getting rid of it all.
I agree. I've said before that I was talking about the backfield on the D side of the football.
Old 08-16-2008   #50
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
without injuries, as you well know, Schaub was on pace to be one of the top 6 NFL qb's as far as statistics go.

I wouldn't go so far as to say this is a make or break season for him at all. I too wish to see him play all 16 (or more) games, and pass for multiple td's and yardage, but some things are out of his control, and I think it's a season premature to label this a make or break deal. Next year perhaps, if he regresses this year, but I'm an optimist and I think I've seen enough to have him qb our team for awhile.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #51
gary
Hall of Fame

Matt has to stay healthy.
Old 08-16-2008   #52
Polo

Quote:
He did an OK job running. If IIRC he was the Cards QB in preseason and looked Horrid when trying to throw the ball.

Call me old fashioned but I believe a QB should be able to throw.
I don't think you recall correctly...

By my memory He looked pretty good...

In fact the Texans told Arizona that as soon as they cut Boyd we were going to pick him up because of the promise he showed...
Old 08-16-2008   #53
bollocks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
without injuries, as you well know, Schaub was on pace to be one of the top 6 NFL qb's as far as statistics go.

I wouldn't go so far as to say this is a make or break season for him at all. I too wish to see him play all 16 (or more) games, and pass for multiple td's and yardage, but some things are out of his control, and I think it's a season premature to label this a make or break deal. Next year perhaps, if he regresses this year, but I'm an optimist and I think I've seen enough to have him qb our team for awhile.
Top 6? I disagree. He needs to improve his decision making before I would even consider him for the top 10. He has a solid arm and good intangibles, but he is still a rough product that needs A LOT of work. I expect to see better decision making in the redzone and more TDs than INTs, something this team has only accomplished three times since 2002 (Carr: 2004 and 2005, Rosenfels: 2007). Obviously, enough toughness for a full 16 games would be a plus as well.

Said simply, Schaub has played like a back-up with potential...which isn't good enough. He needs to get better because we DO NOT have another six years to waste "developing" a back-up with potential.

Blasphemy alert!!!: While I've certainly seen worse from Carr than from Schaub. I would take Carr at his best (the 2004 version) over the Schaub we saw last season.
Old 08-16-2008   #54
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Top 6? I disagree. He needs to improve his decision making before I would even consider him for the top 10. He has a solid arm and good intangibles, but he is still a rough product that needs A LOT of work. I expect to see better decision making in the redzone and more TDs than INTs, something this team has only accomplished three times since 2002 (Carr: 2004 and 2005, Rosenfels: 2007). Obviously, enough toughness for a full 16 games would be a plus as well.

Said simply, Schaub has played like a back-up with potential...which isn't good enough. He needs to get better because we DO NOT have another six years to waste "developing" a back-up with potential.

Blasphemy alert!!!: While I've certainly seen worse from Carr than from Schaub. I would take Carr at his best (the 2004 version) over the Schaub we saw last season.
He said statistics wise.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #55
Polo

Quote:
Too bad life doesn't operate in a one year vaccum...
Old 08-16-2008   #56
bollocks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
He said statistics wise.
Ah, my mistake.

That being the case, statistics are just that...statistics. They are good for Pro Bowl voting and ESPN graphics. Aside from that, they are just numbers that some people use to justify mediocre play (this is usually the case with the horrid QB rating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo
Too bad life doesn't operate in a one year vaccum...
Correct. Nor was that what I was implying. Simply that Carr (who I am certainly glad that we made an effort to replace) had shown me more during his tenure than Schaub has to date.

Don't get me wrong, I am fully supportive of Schaub. I want him to live up to his potential. I am just not willing to wait six years for it. At the end of this season, I think we'll have a good idea of what we are going to get with Schaub.

Last edited by bollocks; 08-16-2008 at 02:17 PM.
bollocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #57
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I'd trade all our RB's (cept maybe Slaton) for a cold beer at the next Texans game ....
You'll have to refresh my memory, I can't remember who was the stud runningback .. way back when

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #58
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I am fully supportive of Schaub. I want him to live up to his potential. I am just not willing to wait six years for it. At the end of this season, I think we'll have a good idea of what we are going to get with Schaub.
I don't think I'm willing to wait 6 years either, but to say that year 2 is a make or break season is pretty unfair IMO.

Not being argumentative with you bollocks, but what exactly do you want Schaub to do that would show he belongs? Staying healthy? Fewer int.'s? Better Red Zone percentage?

Maybe it was due to his predecessor, but I thought he looked pretty darn good until a couple of pretty brutal hits he took last season.

I could be wrong about Schaub, God knows I backed DC too long, but I think he's the answer for the next 3-5 years, and I believe the staff feels the same way.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #59
Polo

Quote:

Sorry, But even up to this point David had never shown the type of QB'ing prowess that Schaub has shown...

I was never really impresed with David's game...

Only thing he has over Schaub at this point is durability...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read