Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2008   #121
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your positives and negatives from the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Teams do nothing but vanilla offense and defense so they don't show teams anything before the season starts
I agree. That's why I'm wondering where the corner fire that Taylor missed came from.
Old 08-12-2008   #122
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I haven't watched that play yet but on the radio didn't they say it wasn't a blindside hit? The blindside would be his backside.
I think "oblivious" is a bit harsh. What I saw....was a LB make two steps to the line of scrimmage, faking a blitz move...Taylor bit. Taylor's mistake was not figuring out quick enough that something was amiss when the LB drop back off. By the time he figured it out, Sage was planted liked grannies squash. A salty old pro may have had a chance. Taylor was a deer caught in the head lights.
I don't even know if he had the time to offer Sage a complimentary "look out" .

And finally, Taylor is the goat here no doubt....but it is Sage's responsibility to check the action on the on the front side to see if anyone is coming. et al, Taylor should of recognized the corner fire and executed the block. But Sage made a mistake also not checking the front side.

I don't know if Vegas would offer up a line on it, but if they did and I was a gambling man, your gonna see our backs have plenty of opportunities now to recognize the corner fire. Once something like that gets on film, D co-ordinators get a boner for it.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 08-12-2008 at 11:22 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #123
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I do believe it was Brown that missed this block. It was a zone right play where the C and G were stretching to the right and the guy shot the gap right in front of Brown.

As a fan, it's hard to point blame at an individual without knowing the play and the pre-snap calls. Let's just say the Oline needs to tighten up a bit as group.

The RB's didn't help much either. Heck, the entire game was kinda ugly. I'm going to chalk this one up as a typical 1st pre-season game.

Yeah, like I had said, IF Taylor had been faster to the hole, the entire point is moot.

But it looked to me like Brown was supposed to hook that guy. Part of the ZBS having smaller, quicker guys is for them to be able to quickly get into positions like that.

But like you said, just being a fan watching on the TV, it's hard to really know.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #124
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Got a chance to watch my recording of the Denver game (I also watched the live telecast Saturday), and for those of you who said all the positive things about Okam's performance in the game - you guys defintely nailed it ! He played with a lot of hustle and intensity and showed excellent quickness, especially for such a big man. He's talented and should help us.
Also watched Stanton more closely and though he's not a hard runner, he was a little more scrappy than what I thought during the first look see. And he is quick. So getting him along with Duane in that first round trade is looking better all of the time IMO.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #125
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Got a chance to watch my recording of the Denver game (I also watched the live telecast Saturday), and for those of you who said all the positive things about Okam's performance in the game - you guys defintely nailed it ! He played with a lot of hustle and intensity and showed excellent quickness, especially for such a big man. He's talented and should help us.
Also watched Stanton more closely and though he's not a hard runner, he was a little more scrappy than what I thought during the first look see. And he is quick. So getting him along with Duane in that first round trade is looking better all of the time IMO.
Dont forget we also got Dominique Barber who looks like he'll send Glen Earl his walking papers.
Old 08-14-2008   #126
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Dont forget we also got Dominique Barber who looks like he'll send Glen Earl his walking papers.
He is a decent player (not great), if you can keep him as a backup, that would be positive depth.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read