Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-10-2008   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Broncos Talkn Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Quite frankly after the way we played we do not deserve to be talking trash to anyone. I hope Gibbs gets on the Oline for their piss poor run blocking, Holland gets on the LBs for their poor pass D, Franklin on the Dline for not creating enough pressure on the QB, and Harris on the Rbs for not hitting their holes or helping with blocking.
That's quite a list. And I agree.

To save time, they should do the meeting(s) all at once and in the same room...because it'd be a shame to waste time having separate meetings.

Without Denver's dumb penalties, and a few no-calls that went our way, it sounds like we should have been romped.

But.....we won. So I'd like to razz Broncos fans while I can.
Old 08-10-2008   #22
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That's quite a list. And I agree.

To save time, they should do the meeting(s) all at once and in the same room...because it'd be a shame to waste time having separate meetings.

Without Denver's dumb penalties, and a few no-calls that went our way, it sounds like we should have been romped.

But.....we won. So I'd like to razz Broncos fans while I can.
I think that if we can get the Oline to come together and effectively run the ball it will solve many problems. It helps the RB becuase they need to see a hole and run through. If we can average about 4-5 yards per run we will be in great shape. 2nd, it helps our D. They get to sit and rest on the sideline and then expend all their energy in short bursts(hopefully) against the opponent offense. 3rd, it opens the passing game by allowing for bootlegs to be sold effectivly.

That said, I do not envy being in the Oline's shoes right now. Gibbs is a bulldog and they are all wearing milkbone underwear...

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #23
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't get to watch all of the game. I didn't use my tickets. I had a girlfriend anaversery thing going on but it sounds like we didn't play great last night. With that said we still won. I like winning an ugly close game a lot better than losing an ugly game by 20 points. From what I did see we have some WRs that might not even make the team that have skills and Slayton looked pretty good. All and all we just one the first preseason game of the year. No reason to get to high or low as long as we came out of the game without a lot of injuries. The Bronco fans are just mad because their team is weak and it embarasses them to lose to us lowly Texans and they get envious of our high quality tailgating. Their tailgating when I went to games at Mile High was lame.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are just a better team than the Broncos and have proven it on the field...they are livin' in the past.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #25
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 22184 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The Texans are just a better team than the Broncos and have proven it on the field...they are livin' in the past.

Sounds like Bronco's fan is turning into Cowboy fan.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read