Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2008   #21
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gary Kubiak Press Conference @ 3:30pm at HT.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Is it 75 or 65 players? It's just odd to me that the dates are so close, now. It seems to me that they were further apart once upon a time.
I'll try to find a source, but as screwy as it sounds, I believe it is 75.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it 75 or 65 players? It's just odd to me that the dates are so close, now. It seems to me that they were further apart once upon a time.
You're right - I swore they use to be further out. Maybe they changed it because on the roster exemptions being taken away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #23
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

They eliminated a step. It's 75, then 53 a few days later. Can't remember the exact dates but it all happens in the next 20 days.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The first cutdown is just to 75 (out of 80) players. Weird.

Here's a link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=3528087

The practice squad must be chosen on August 31 ( 1 day following the final roster). Maybe, they think that the extra 10 players may give more of a look for both the potential final roster and practice squad choices would make up for the more limited 80 man "choice."
Old 08-10-2008   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
They eliminated a step. It's 75, then 53 a few days later. Can't remember the exact dates but it all happens in the next 20 days.
Evidently, last year, the cut down schedule was similar (about a week apart)......and discussions on the boards posed similar questions, even with the comparatively expanded intial "choice."

Check this message board communication:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=3528087
Old 08-10-2008   #26
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The first cutdown is just to 75 (out of 80) players. Weird.
The whole 80 guys in TC limit is very taxing, really should be at least 90.
Old 08-10-2008   #27
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe in Rick Smith. He has found gems like Demps and has plugged them into the starting lineup with amazing success. I am convinced that he will find that RB we need. Perhaps this year's Ryan Grant?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #28
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I believe in Rick Smith. He has found gems like Demps and has plugged them into the starting lineup with amazing success. I am convinced that he will find that RB we need. Perhaps this year's Ryan Grant?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFr9OxhNjrY
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #29
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
(on RB Ahman Green) He has a slight pull in his groin. It doesnt look severe. It looks like were pretty fortunate there. Im going to list him as day-to-day right now. I kind of see him like (WR) Andre (Johnson) coming off that thing a week ago. I think if we were in the season and playing right now that we would push it harder and try to get him back quicker. I think right now well be smart; well list him as day-to-day. Chances of him playing this week, though, I would think would be very slim, but it looks like were very fortunate. It doesnt look like its too severe.

(on if it was disappointing to see RB Ahman Green go down so early) Yeah, its very disappointing. After what weve been through and how important he is to the football team and how good of a camp hes had, to have that happen on a play where you dont even get touched, you know, its kind of deflating in a way. But, I think we feel better about it. We know were going to get him back, and so weve got to just stay positive and get these young kids ready to play.
Quote:
(on bright spots of the game) I guess I can go through all three phases. Ill start with the special teams. There were some good things going on. I thought (WR) Harry Williams flashed; hes been flashing the whole camp as a special teams player. (He) does a lot of things for (special teams coordinator) Joe (Marciano). Of course, Kris Brown was amazing in the game, kicking those field goals. Hes been special all along. Disappointed, of course, in the turnover, turnover gets them right back in the ballgame, and thats something that (WR Jacoby Jones) 12s had a problem with and weve got to get him back on to track so to speak. Hes got to protect the ball. Well do everything we can in practice to get him the drills to simulate that, but he has to do a better job from that standpoint.
Quote:
(on WR Jacoby Jones fumble on his punt return) Yeah, hes trying to do too much. At some point, when you cant get to the edge, you have to stick your foot in the ground and get four or five (yards) and let the offense come on the field. If you reverse your field and lose ground, thats not something we teach. Thats him trying to make a play but the bottom line is hes still swinging the ball. Thats something hes been doing, something weve been working on and something that he will get fixed. I promise, because whoever is going to be back there is going to protect the ball, and that starts with him. Im disappointed in that and we have to get it fixed.
Read more at ht.com

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #30
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I think this team pretty much has all the tools in place but that darn running game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read