Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2008   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Conclusions after the first preseason game

1. Our team is going to go 0-16 this year
2. Our run blocking is horrible
3. Our running backs are horrible
4. Ahman Green is afraid of being touched
5. JJ is a crazy person who isn't mature enough to play football
6. Chris Taylor needs glasses to see the field
7. Our DL will record zero sacks this year
8. Everyone on the DL other than MW is lazy
9. Our cornerbacks are always out of position
10. Richard Smith's defense is bad. He should be fired.
11. <insert player name here> is terrible. Lets cut him
12. <insert backup name here> is the best. Lets start him

Maybe these are a little extreme, but this is the kind of stuff I've been reading since the game ended on Saturday. The Texans have played 1 game. 1 preseason game. They won the game. And after the game ended? About 20 topics popped up to complain about how horrible the team, the players, the coaching, etc is. The only consistent positives I've seen have been about the cheerleaders and david anderson.

It was 1 preseason game. Sure there were negatives (it was the first game!) but there were tons of positives as well. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. This fan base (me included) is so prone to negativity that its really depressing. We went 8-8 last year. Its been a long offseason. We have a lot of potential this year. Don't doubt the team before you see them for real.

Lets show a little faith in the guys that have built this team.
Old 08-11-2008   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Conclusions after the first preseason game

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
11. <insert player name here> is terrible. Lets cut him
12. <insert backup name here> is the best. Lets start him

Maybe these are a little extreme, but this is the kind of stuff I've been reading since the game ended on Saturday.

Lets show a little faith in the guys that have built this team.
I edited your post a tad. Statements 11 and 12 made me laugh because they are so true about a lot of posts around here (including mine). And laughing on a Monday morning is always a good thing.

As to what you will be reading around here, it's a message board. We got all kinds of crazy folk who post here. LOL

And I have faith in the current Texans management to win us a Super Bowl in two in the future, I really do. But it doesn't keep me from talking about things I see as wrong, and playing Monday Morning QB.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm sorry, this is crazy. i've got <insert player name here> going to the probowl. to say otherwise is just asinine.
Old 08-11-2008   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I edited your post a tad. Statements 11 and 12 made me laugh because they are so true about a lot of posts around here (including mine). And laughing on a Monday morning is always a good thing.

As to what you will be reading around here, it's a message board. We got all kinds of crazy folk who post here. LOL

And I have faith in the current Texans management to win us a Super Bowl in two in the future, I really do. But it doesn't keep me from talking about things I see as wrong, and playing Monday Morning QB.
If anyone remembers my posts from any of the past 4 years or so I've been around here, I am clearly the pot calling the kettle black.

I have no prob with the criticism and observations, its the incredible conclusions that get to me. 1 preseason game and we've already given up hope completely on people that we had been excited about for months.

All the losing seasons have made doubters out of most of us. I think this years team really has a good chance to reverse that
Old 08-11-2008   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will say, the second Ahman Green hit the ground and didn't get up I said 'this guy has got to go'. I've just about lost the little hope and optimism I had for Green working out here this year.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read