Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-23-2008   #21
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: An Idea so Crazy it might be Brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Got it for ya. I owed disaacks3 from well spoken wisdom a few days back anyway.

Just got this in my inbox folks............

It's about time for some football!
got that email as well. i really dig that HT with the stylized texas logo. anyone else?
Old 07-23-2008   #22
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Aside from the fact this is a ridiculous idea, we don't need Favre and all the media distraction he brings at our TC for our first playoff season.
First playoff season?? Boy, you sure count your eggs before they hatch. If I knew that the Texans were going to make the playoffs for sure, I'd like my chances with Farve over Sage or Schaub any day. That is a no brainer.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #23
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Aside from the fact this is a ridiculous idea, we don't need Favre and all the media distraction he brings at our TC for our first playoff season.
That, and I would hate to see Farve get all the credit (and you know he would) if the Texans make the playoffs.

That being said, if the Texans make the playoffs I won't be complaining about anything.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #24
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

IM pretty sure hte Packers already released a statement saying that if Favre were traded, they would include a clause indicating he couldn't be traded again to a divisional opponent
Old 07-23-2008   #25
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

When I see titles like this, my usual first thought is....

Uh, this is going to be bad.

Here's my take on Favre to the Texans:

More Brett Favre Madeup News: He's Not a Good Fit for the Texans

I think he could improve any number of teams in the league. I think he is a better fit for teams that have basically a good team but that the quarterback position is an albatross.
Old 07-23-2008   #26
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
That, and I would hate to see Farve get all the credit (and you know he would) if the Texans make the playoffs.

That being said, if the Texans make the playoffs I won't be complaining about anything.

Who cares who got what credit. As a fan I want to see my team win and achieve. I don't think Farve would get all the credit. He didn't even get all the credit last year, and he had arguably the best season of his entire career. I don't give a rat's azz who the media decides to masturbate to, as long as the Texans are winning games. I don't think that Texans fans or other fans are dumb enough to think that it would be all Farve anyway. Farve made a big deal out of not getting Randy Moss, but I might rather have a healthy Andre Johnson. The only thing that Moss can do better than Johnson is leap in the air and grab some balls, but other than that I think Johnson has way better skills. I'd love to watch Farve and Johnson connect. He's never had a player like Johnson to play with in his entire career.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
When I see titles like this, my usual first thought is....

Uh, this is going to be bad.

Here's my take on Favre to the Texans:

More Brett Favre Madeup News: He's Not a Good Fit for the Texans

I think he could improve any number of teams in the league. I think he is a better fit for teams that have basically a good team but that the quarterback position is an albatross.

TC,

It's like you see it, Favre needs to find a good, well-founded team, while the team looking for Favre needs to be filling their "last piece."

You might be interested in this take on the Favre saga............it could give pause to those who are disappointed that the front office did not give serious consideration to his presence.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #28
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
We could do it once...and never be trusted again. Not worth it.
Excellent point.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #29
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

According to the Wisconsin State Journal, the Texans are one of eight teams the Packers think are possible trading partners in a deal for Favre.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/sports/297417

GREEN BAY — As the Green Bay Packers wait to see whether Brett Favre will indeed file his reinstatement papers with the NFL, the club is working its way through a list of teams it sees as potential trading partners for the sort-of-retired quarterback.

According to a league source, the teams on that list include the New York Jets, the Baltimore Ravens, the Miami Dolphins and the Houston Texans in the AFC and the Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Atlanta Falcons and Washington Redskins in the NFC.

Out of all those teams we are the team with the best shot at the playoffs.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #30
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
First playoff season?? Boy, you sure count your eggs before they hatch.
If they hatch they're no longer eggs
Old 07-24-2008   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

brain fart

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #32
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think he is a better fit for teams that have basically a good team but that the quarterback position is an albatross.
The first team that came to mind was the Titans.
Old 07-24-2008   #33
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
According to the Wisconsin State Journal, the Texans are one of eight teams the Packers think are possible trading partners in a deal for Favre.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/sports/297417

GREEN BAY — As the Green Bay Packers wait to see whether Brett Favre will indeed file his reinstatement papers with the NFL, the club is working its way through a list of teams it sees as potential trading partners for the sort-of-retired quarterback.

According to a league source, the teams on that list include the New York Jets, the Baltimore Ravens, the Miami Dolphins and the Houston Texans in the AFC and the Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Atlanta Falcons and Washington Redskins in the NFC.

Out of all those teams we are the team with the best shot at the playoffs.

Green Bay might see us as a trading partner--though I am guessing they wouldn't want to see Favre there in December. What I don't see is why the Texans would want to give up much of anything for a short term rental and a circus, and take on a Favre sort of salary that Bus Cook would want.
Old 07-24-2008   #34
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'd love to watch Farve and Johnson connect. He's never had a player like Johnson to play with in his entire career.
Just for argument's sake....I love AJ, but Sterling Sharpe was no slouch...
Old 07-24-2008   #35
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Crazy but good move if we can pick up another 1st round pick but that is highly doubtful that will happen.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post
Just for argument's sake....I love AJ, but Sterling Sharpe was no slouch...
Neither is Donald Driver...
Old 07-24-2008   #37
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Neither is Donald Driver...
True dat

Still think Sterling was better. That guy was a beast and unstoppable at times...one can only speculate on what he COULD have done if his career wasn't cut short by injury.
Old 08-07-2008   #38
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

So if the Jets traded FaRVe to Minny, they would have to send 3 first rounders to GB. Damn.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #39
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
So if the Jets traded FaRVe to Minny, they would have to send 3 first rounders to GB. Damn.
That there thingy is called a poison pill.
Old 08-09-2008   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Green Bay might see us as a trading partner--though I am guessing they wouldn't want to see Favre there in December. What I don't see is why the Texans would want to give up much of anything for a short term rental and a circus, and take on a Favre sort of salary that Bus Cook would want.
I'm not knocking the idea.... but it's far from brilliant.

Aside what TC has stated here... basically, what's in it for us?? We put a plan in motion two years ago.... I seriously doubt picking up a HOF QB for a year or two was part of that plan.

Far as I can see, we're right on track to becoming a perennial play-off team. Why mess with it??

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read