Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2008   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think the coaching staff really likes Will Demps

Just re-watched the first half of last year's Denver game. I had DVR'd it.

Will Demps was making plays all over the field.

1. He slammed Brandon Marshall down, at the start of the game, and temporarily took Marshall out for a few plays. In fact, Marshall was wincing and trying to loosen his arm up the whole rest of the game.

2. Brandon Marshall was about to catch a deep pass at about the 3-yard-line, might have even been able to stay in bounds for a TD had he caught it. But, Will Demps timed his move perfectly and shoved Marshall (hard) at the time the ball landed at Marshall's hands. Result? Incomplete pass.

3. One of the Denver RBs (Young, IIRC) had blasted through a hole in the defensive line, and was quickly into the second level and was about to be g-o-n-e. Will Demps held his ground, refused to follow the juke, and form-tackled the RB for a dead stop right where he was at. Probably a TD-saving tackle (at about mid-field).

4. Cutler throws a DEEP pass into the end zone, and Sheffler is juuuust about to catch it. Will Demps anticipates the play and has adjusted his footwork/angle to make a last-second stab at the ball. Result? Incomplete pass instead of a TD.

And I still have some time left in the 2nd Quarter! I can't wait to see what else he does in the game.

I wanted to post this because I remember this thread from several days ago, and I wanted to take a trip down memory lane as we prepare to play Houston North again.
Old 08-08-2008   #22
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think the coaching staff really likes Will Demps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And I still have some time left in the 2nd Quarter! I can't wait to see what else he does in the game.

I wanted to post this because I remember this thread from several days ago, and I wanted to take a trip down memory lane as we prepare to play Houston North again.
Go back to the Raider game if you still have it. There was a pass over the deep middle and Demps went Jack TATUM on the guy's ass and separated him from the ball. BEAUTIFUL play, clean hit.

And they flagged it.

Pissed me off.

But, yeah, there's a reason Demps made the ProBowl. He was making plays all over the field the last half of the season.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read