Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2008   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We need some anti-injury Texans voodoo

OK everyone. So far we in the young history of this franchise, we have seemed to set records for number of IR players each and every season. The past two years have been particularly bad.

The problem is not limited to the Texans either.
Houston's biggest stars?
Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Roy Oswalt, Lance Berkman, Matt Schaub, Ahman Green, Andre Johnson, Dunta Robinson

What do they all have in common? Injury issues

So I want some ideas on some crazy or logical things we can do to prevent injuries. Im talking rain dances, voodoo dolls, sacrificial animals....well, maybe not the last one, but you get the idea. Some beard growing, lucky charms, etc

We may have dodged a bullet yesterday with the AJ scare. So lets not take anymore chances.

So come up with something crazy and post it here. Pictures are great.

I haven't thought of anything for myself yet. Maybe if someone has an idea they don't relaly want to try, I"ll give it a go
Old 08-03-2008   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We need some anti-injury Texans voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
OK everyone. So far we in the young history of this franchise, we have seemed to set records for number of IR players each and every season. The past two years have been particularly bad.

The problem is not limited to the Texans either.
Houston's biggest stars?
Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Roy Oswalt, Lance Berkman, Matt Schaub, Ahman Green, Andre Johnson, Dunta Robinson

What do they all have in common? Injury issues

So I want some ideas on some crazy or logical things we can do to prevent injuries. Im talking rain dances, voodoo dolls, sacrificial animals....well, maybe not the last one, but you get the idea. Some beard growing, lucky charms, etc

We may have dodged a bullet yesterday with the AJ scare. So lets not take anymore chances.

So come up with something crazy and post it here. Pictures are great.

I haven't thought of anything for myself yet. Maybe if someone has an idea they don't relaly want to try, I"ll give it a go

As I wore #13 throughout college sports and had good luck, I have always used bad luck symbols to create good luck.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll start on the beard.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm fasting until the 1st preseason game. i'll apply some of that mojo to this cause.
Old 08-03-2008   #5
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya'll should probably go out to Reliant stadium, make a bonfire, and do some sort of tribal dance to reverse the curse. You should probably offer a sacrifice too, I suggest blazing_arrow.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I'm on board with this. I say we sacrifice a Jaguar, a Colt, and an Inbred err I mean Titan.

- "The Hayneworth Stomp"
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll have to do something else,the wife isn't to fond of the idea of me having a beard.

Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2008   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I'll have to do something else,the wife isn't to fond of the idea of me having a beard.
Well we know who wears the pants in that house.

J/K

As far as actualy having a curse lifting idea; I got nothing.
Old 08-04-2008   #9
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

J/K

LMAO! I see it a different way...I know who I go to bed with every night.

Old 08-04-2008   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL

What? You have not purchased a comfortable couch yet?.
Old 08-04-2008   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
LOL

What? You have not purchased a comfortable couch yet?.
lol I have one of those too. I just don't like to use it that much.

Old 08-04-2008   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:

J/K
Quote:
So long as SHE'S not the one growing the beard! haha JK
Old 08-04-2008   #13
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we've had a bad case of Ojo. I will crack open an egg and put it in a glass to cure our team. If that doesn't work I will chew piece of red thread and put it on Mr. McNairs forehead.
Old 08-04-2008   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Step 1: I am no longer wearing any Texans related gear in the hospital I work at. I think this is bringing them bad luck.

Step 2: I am going to find something at the UVa football stadium with Matt Schaub's name on it, and attempt to place a bandaid on it. Pictures to follow if I can pull it off. It should help hold him together for the season
Old 08-04-2008   #15
mariokickssacks
Rookie

Honestly, I think my black lab/german shepherd mix, Layla, may have fixed the problem. In years past, there would not have been an "andre johnson injury scare" it would've been "BALLS!!! AJ is out for 6-91 weeks!"

About a week before the Colvin signing, I came home from work, promised to take the pup for a walk, and promptly passed out on the couch. when I awoke, she had destroyed the only texans hat I have ever owned, my favorite hat ever. The very hat that had spent its entire life mired in losing, no doubt still wounded from the sesspool that was left in dom capers' (and the weasel to whom I only refer as "rasputin") enormous mouth-breathing wake. After I saw that the damage was beyond repair, I burned the remains, and in doing so, a dark wind filled the house. I opened the door and it left. As the dark cloud drifted off through the trees it was as if I could hear them saying, in a whisper, "Tennessee."

Look of us to be good and Tennessee to catch some seriously bad JuJu.
mariokickssacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokickssacks View Post
Honestly, I think my black lab/german shepherd mix, Layla, may have fixed the problem. In years past, there would not have been an "andre johnson injury scare" it would've been "BALLS!!! AJ is out for 6-91 weeks!"

About a week before the Colvin signing, I came home from work, promised to take the pup for a walk, and promptly passed out on the couch. when I awoke, she had destroyed the only texans hat I have ever owned, my favorite hat ever. The very hat that had spent its entire life mired in losing, no doubt still wounded from the sesspool that was left in dom capers' (and the weasel to whom I only refer as "rasputin") enormous mouth-breathing wake. After I saw that the damage was beyond repair, I burned the remains, and in doing so, a dark wind filled the house. I opened the door and it left. As the dark cloud drifted off through the trees it was as if I could hear them saying, in a whisper, "Tennessee."

Look of us to be good and Tennessee to catch some seriously bad JuJu.
Excellent work
Old 08-04-2008   #17
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we sacrifice Bud Adams' hairpiece on an altar at Reliant's 50-yard-line?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just going to pray to Jesus!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'm just going to pray to Jesus!!!!
Ricky Bobby: Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for this wonderful game of football, my two beautiful Pro Bowlers, Walker (Dre) and Texas Ranger (Demeco), and my Red-Hot Smokin' Coach and GM, Smithiak.

Smithiak: Wooo!
Cal Naughton, Jr: Mmmmm
Walker, Texas Ranger: Ooww!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read