Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-01-2008   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak in the spotlight in '08

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html#?eref=T1

Quote:
Gary Kubiak, Houston: The Texans have been flying under the radar all offseason after an impressive 8-8 record last year. They would have been a lock playoff team in 2007 if they were in the NFC, but the tough AFC South is a huge challenge.

Kubiak has done a wonderful job of rebuilding that team and can really make a statement as a head coach if he can find a way to win more than two road games this season. He's extremely smart, can manage a game and has been secure enough to surround himself with some very good assistant coaches. And Kubiak's greatest strength as an offensive coach will be demonstrated in his play-calling this year.

Getting Matt Schaub to play in all 16 games will enable Kubiak the freedom to make excellent calls at critical times in games. Consistency from the quarterback position allows the play-caller this freedom. This is a defining year for Kubiak and I have a very sneaky suspicion he will rise to the challenge.
im really glad kubiak is starting to great some recognition.. ive been a big fan of his since day one (even during the rough patch last year-SD,TEN etc) and sincerely believe we should (and will) keep him arond for a long, long time
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak in the spotlight in '08

Aren't all the kudos wonderful this time of year?

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been a LONG time since I truly believed in our local pro football team. How long, you ask? Since the days of Bum Phillips and Love Ya Blue. I mean, you just had to love Bum and the days of Earl Campbell.

I really believe we are gifted with a pro franchise with good leadership and class. Not that I don't have some questions about certain of our players, but ya know, no matter what happens, I believe Kubiak will lead us to the promised land. A Super Bowl title is in our future folks, believe it 'cause it's true.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting some good rep in the media is very nice. But the team still has to go out there and perform.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #5
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 161104 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to feel the same excitement this year as I did our first season...okay, so I kinda knew the first season would be a typical expansion year first season, but it was football in Houston. And there were a lot of things to look forward to.

This is the first season that I'm not expecting disappointment or a "rebuilding" year.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I'm starting to feel the same excitement this year as I did our first season...okay, so I kinda knew the first season would be a typical expansion year first season, but it was football in Houston. And there were a lot of things to look forward to.

This is the first season that I'm not expecting disappointment or a "rebuilding" year.
That win over the Cowpies was worth all the crap we fans have had to watch since ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #7
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 161104 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
That win over the Cowpies was worth all the crap we fans have had to watch since ....
I didn't really get it back then. I was a born-again football fan, having really lost interest in the sport after the '85 Bears. And not being a native, I didn't really understand the pure pestilence that is the Cowboys and their fans.

Now I get it. Oh yes, yes I do.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2008   #8
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

Is that Kubiak in the spotlight or the hot seat? LOL! Just kidding. I believe Gary will be around for many years to come. He and GM Smith have made tremendous strides with the garbage left in the wake of Capers/Casserly. Here's to a great season and our first trip to the playoffs! I'm so ready!
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
.........I didn't really understand the pure pestilence that is the Cowboys and their fans.

Now I get it. Oh yes, yes I do.
The only thing better than having Kubs and company run our team is watching them whip the Cowpies in a Super Bowl.

We Shall Overcome the evil that is the Cowpies and their fans and we will bask in glory at their expense!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read