Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2008   #21
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Demps has always had stone hands.
I think he was handicapped by a brace he had to wear last year because of a dislocated elbow. Granted he hasn't got the best hands, he's working on it. (I think I read that he stayed longer after practice to train his hands skills on HT.com) Plus I really like him because he can deliver a hit!
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #22
kravix
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 kravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballotkravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
I think he was handicapped by a brace he had to wear last year because of a dislocated elbow. Granted he hasn't got the best hands, he's working on it. (I think I read that he stayed longer after practice to train his hands skills on HT.com) Plus I really like him because he can deliver a hit!
He only started 8 games last season. But his career high is 2 ints. Granted we didnt do well across the board in the department either. I would be happy with 5 ints and 10 PDef from him over an entire season this year. More would be better, but I could call that solid.
kravix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #23
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That's kinda sad too. He just did an interview at HT.com recently.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4443
Am I wrong? I was always under the impression that they were projecting Harrison as a FS. Anyway, I'm disappointed he's gone as well. I was thinking he'd at least make the practice squad. That'll learn me to believe McClain's rehashed ruminations.

The question I'd love to ask Hoke, Richard Smith, Rick Smith, whoever, is why they seem to value run-stopping more than coverage ability in their safeties, whether free or strong. I know there was a discussion(s) on this earlier, but I'd like to get it from the horse's mouth.

Last edited by Rex King; 07-31-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #24
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Guess I missed on Harrison, he was released with the signing of RB Bell. I would expect him to get another look if one of the other safeties is unable to practice.
chron.com is saying it was brandon mitchell NOT brandon harrison who was released.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #25
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
I see Will Demps as the starting FS but the SS position will be interesting and I have a funny prediction that is going to light some fires on this site. I predict that the Texans sign Strong Safety Roy Williams after he is cut from the Cowboys. Alright guys go ahead and pull out your bats but this guy would be perfect for our system and plus he has fallen out of love with the Cowgirls.
How is Roy Williams perfect for our system?

The safeties in our system are interchangeable. We really don't have "strong" and "free" safeties. Both are supposed to be able to step up against the run, cover a RB or TE one-on-one, and play "centerfield" as support against deep passes. By making them interchangeable, it makes it difficult for QB's to read what the defense is doing.

Since Roy Williams is weak against the pass, he would not fit our system at all.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #26
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Guess I missed on Harrison, he was released with the signing of RB Bell. I would expect him to get another look if one of the other safeties is unable to practice.
Well chron.com was wrong on Harrison not me .
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read