Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-30-2008   #1
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool What is up Fellas?

Are you guys ready for some football? Imagine that only 10 days left~!!
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is up Fellas?

We're ready for a new division order.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #3
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

No Doubt.

I heard John Clayton talking about how impressed he was with the Titans this offseason. AFC South will be interesting to watch indeed.
Old 07-30-2008   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
No Doubt.

I heard John Clayton talking about how impressed he was with the Titans this offseason. AFC South will be interesting to watch indeed.
He is also impressed that he still has a job and that Salisbury hasn't beat the snot out of him yet.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
He is also impressed that he still has a job and that Salisbury hasn't beat the snot out of him yet.
Especially seeing that Salisbury DOESN'T have a job, right?
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd prefer to forget about anything eSPIN

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #7
stiff
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I'd prefer to forget about anything eSPIN
You mean the station that used to be good and actually covered sports?!

By the way in case you havent heard Brett Favre still is not in camp. I think thats breaking news
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2008   #8
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

When is Harvey going to sign?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Especially seeing that Salisbury DOESN'T have a job, right?
What does unemployment and assault and battery have to do with each other?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #10
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

John Clayton is twice the analyst that Salisbury ever was. Salisbury was a fratboy blowhard, and a bully. Eff him.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
John Clayton is twice the analyst that Salisbury ever was. Salisbury was a fratboy blowhard, and a bully. Eff him.
Word.

And "Amen" to that.

At least John Clayton is civil and cordial. Steak Head just walked around like an 800 lb gorilla, shaking the branches and beating his chest at everybody he came into contact with. I think he thinks it's his schtick, his on-air identity that he plays up (being the cocky, sure-of-himself analyst)...but then again, I'm probably giving him too much slack with this hypothesis.

Sean Salisbury = Johnny Ringo (Without a personality, and minus the mad gun skills)

Doc: "What do you think, darlin'....should I hate him?"

"You don't even know him..."

Doc: "No, I don't. But there's just somethin' about him. Somethin' that reminds me of....well, me. Nope. I'm sure of it. I hate him."
Old 07-30-2008   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
What does unemployment and assault and battery have to do with each other?
Salisbury and Clayton used to work with each other and were being paid to disagree. Once Salisbury got fired, there was really no point in and no more opportunity for him to assault Clayton.

The way I read your post, it sounded like you thought they were still working together.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Salisbury and Clayton used to work with each other and were being paid to disagree. Once Salisbury got fired, there was really no point in and no more opportunity for him to assault Clayton.

The way I read your post, it sounded like you thought they were still working together.
Yeah, that segment immediately came off as phony and scripted.

But I am probably knee-jerking (LOL)
Old 07-31-2008   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

ol steakboy reminded me of Eddie Haskell clownin' the beeve when he bullied Clayton. Gonna miss him...not.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #15
Jagsbch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
When is Harvey going to sign?
There is no telling. JDR opened up his big mouth acting as if a first rnd player who has proven his value in college does not deserve his cake in the pro's even though he could get hurt his first year and never get paid for the effort he made to get where he is now. JDR should keep his mouth shut and let the business end take care of itself, and focus on coaching the team to do well in the play-offs rather than look like a joke in the play-offs.

I heard today Byron practiced for the the Titans, Fisher said he did it in order to put together a ready list in case of emergencies. last i checked a 3rd pick in the draft having only 9 TD's and 17 Ints in his second year was an emergency especially considering how he is slow and has to learn a new offense this season...
Old 07-31-2008   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
There is no telling. JDR opened up his bog mouth today acting as if a first rnd player who has proven his value in college does not deserve his cake in the pro's even though he could get hurt his first year and never get paid for the effort he made to get where he is. JDR should keep his mouth shut and let the business end take care of itself, and focus on coaching.
I can understand complaining about the money in the top 10 spots of the draft, but you look silly doing it after moving into the top 10 to get the guy.
Old 07-31-2008   #17
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I can understand complaining about the money in the top 10 spots of the draft, but you look silly doing it after moving into the top 10 to get the guy.
That is actually really funny. Like going out to eat at Ruth's Chris instead of Steak and Ale and then complaining about the prices.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #18
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 219 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
That is actually really funny. Like going out to eat at Ruth's Chris instead of Steak and Ale and then complaining about the prices.
Yeah, except ALL Bennigans and Steak and Snales closed today, worked for SnS while growing up, BTW still not grown up!
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #19
Jagsbch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Amen to that. Watching the SB we got a taste of just how valuable the defensive line is in this league, not to mention this division. It is not as if the Jaguars have a defensive line that warrants not paying a DE. I am blown away at how the team refused to pay McCray to the point of running him off, and now this?

I am really astounded at just how pathetic our franchise is being run these day's. Paying Garrard who has never thrown a 300 yard game in his life 60 million when it was the leagues best rushing offense the past 2 seasons that have been leading this team is laughable, and seeing them try to save money by not paying their defensive players is crazy.

The Jags FO is in disarray, here we are going into yet another season without having the stadium being sponsored simply because JDR is insisting on shoving the most ultra conservative offense in the league down the the throats of the fanbase. Playing a mistake free style game may win games against teams preparing for to be aggressive in the play-offs but it leaves you nprepared when you have to compete with teams who have arrived at being consistent at being aggressive in the play-offs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read