Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-27-2008   #21
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: HT.com - Mario, D-line reaching next level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
On that video, Mario is sort of an ass in his replies to the questions. Heck, a few times he was stopping just short of being openly rude.

Maybe he was tired and ready to go. I can understand if that was the case. Plus, the questions were a little dorkish. "How good can this team be?" was not exactly a good question, to tell you the truth. Still, I was surprised that Mario was acting somewhat aggravated by the whole session.

Amobi, though, seemed to be cordial.

Things I saw in the Camp Day 3 video:

1. Amobi had some nice hand moves, which got him past the blocker.

2. Chaun Thompson was around the edge verrry quickly...which bodes well for our outside pass rush opposite Mario.

3. The defensive guys were all swarming to the ball carrier and repeatedly and viciously trying to strip the ball while yelling and basically looking like a bunch of sharks on a feeding frenzy. I bet the coaches are trying to make this into an instinct so that it's just pure habit come game day. I don't remember seeing this sort of raw, frantic ball stripping THIS early in last year's camp videos.

GP- I thought the same thing. Either the success of last season is goinng to his head or he was tired. But his answers did seem short, arrogant, and not as cordial, this early in camp.
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #22
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You guys know that the only people who can give a nickname is ESPiN.
Yep cause they were around to name the Steel Curtain, Orange Crush and Purple People Eaters.

The name will come in time and if we get our D to be good enough to have that kind of reputation.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #23
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Yep cause they were around to name the Steel Curtain, Orange Crush and Purple People Eaters.

The name will come in time and if we get our D to be good enough to have that kind of reputation.
Good one!
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #24
Tex Trenches
Veteran

Wink Re: HT.com - Mario, D-line reaching next level

Sounds good to me.
Old 07-28-2008   #25
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think they should have said sports media instead of ESPiN, but at this time ESPiN is the dominant voice of sports media.
Old 07-28-2008   #26
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see anywhere in that video where Mario was being arrogant.

He answered all of their questions, even the stupid ones.

I'm sure that he is tired of answering the same questions over and over, and he let them know that in a nice way by saying, " You'll know that I don't watch or read that stuff."

If he was arrogant he might have thrown a tirade or just said, " The interview is over", and walked off, after being asked the same question again.

Why don't they ask him good questions about football, like:

" Which side do you prefer to lineup on, the left or the right?"

" Are you still going to move around this year, like you did in the past or are you only going to lineup on one side?"

" Have you noticed a difference in the play of Amobi Okoye?"

" What do you think of the new additions on the line, Colvin, Okam, Thompson, et al?"
Old 07-28-2008   #27
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Purple People Eaters. Haven't heard that in a while. Good post. I'm still fond of The Bull Rush, but hey, I don't care what they are called as long as they are good.

Hey! I got an idea! let's call them.........The Texan's Defense!

LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #28
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You forgot the "Fearsome Foursome." I'm sure ESPiN was around back then.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #29
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Things I saw in the Camp Day 3 video:

1. Amobi had some nice hand moves, which got him past the blocker.

2. Chaun Thompson was around the edge verrry quickly...which bodes well for our outside pass rush opposite Mario.

3. The defensive guys were all swarming to the ball carrier and repeatedly and viciously trying to strip the ball while yelling and basically looking like a bunch of sharks on a feeding frenzy. I bet the coaches are trying to make this into an instinct so that it's just pure habit come game day. I don't remember seeing this sort of raw, frantic ball stripping THIS early in last year's camp videos.
I came away with the exact same feeling after the clip, from Amobi to Thompson to the whole defense in general. I was thinking that the DL/Defense looks a lot more polished than our offense did. They really did look like sharks swarming around their prey. It got me to thinking how good this defense really can be. Spend another 1st and 2nd rounder on the D next year and I think we have a top 5 D in the whole league... and what's even scarier is the average age would probably be 24 years old.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #30
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone on the Chron website said

legion of DOOM
Demeco
Okoye
Okam
Mario

lol
http://blogs.chron.com/fanzone/2008/..._williams.html

performance on the field will get them the name if one comes
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The Purple People Eaters. Haven't heard that in a while. Good post. I'm still fond of The Bull Rush, but hey, I don't care what they are called as long as they are good.

Hey! I got an idea! let's call them.........The Texan's Defense!

LOL
Exactly what I think.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #32
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I came away with the exact same feeling after the clip, from Amobi to Thompson to the whole defense in general. I was thinking that the DL/Defense looks a lot more polished than our offense did. They really did look like sharks swarming around their prey. It got me to thinking how good this defense really can be. Spend another 1st and 2nd rounder on the D next year and I think we have a top 5 D in the whole league... and what's even scarier is the average age would probably be 24 years old.
This means that the Texans should have a great D for years to come.
Old 07-28-2008   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

more like "Bulls on Parade" use the Rage Against the Machine as music intro-

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #34
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

I still kinda like "Raging Bulls".
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #35
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 35903 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Death row
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #36
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Please no nicks with bull in it.

I like Red Rush... too bad we're only red twice a year.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #37
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Someone on the Chron website said

legion of DOOM
Demeco
Okoye
Okam
Mario

lol
http://blogs.chron.com/fanzone/2008/..._williams.html

performance on the field will get them the name if one comes
Best one I've heard yet. Seriously.

If Okam becomes starter.....

Then it must happen.

J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read