Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2008   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Schaub confident in revamped running game

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth

Blogs away, just a few more hours! Anyone going to the Sat morning TC? ill be there! Got out of cake tasting for my wedding, I already know what I want, a battle red velvet Texans Groom cake with liberty white icing!
Old 07-24-2008   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub confident in revamped running game

Quote:
Schaub said he believes those backs will prove interchangeable, and that simplification will be the key to an improved rush attack.

"If you really look at the offense as far as the running game, it's a very simplistic scheme," he said. "There are not many moving parts, there are not many assignments that are different across the board. It's just, 'learn your roles in what we're doing.'...
I'm sure getting excited for the season to start. I really wonder who our RB's are going to be.

And now for a little Vince Young hate:
Quote:
PK: You've got Reebok, Spaulding, Powerade and you were on the cover of Madden last year -- how's life as a pitchman?

VY: It's going good, my dream coming true, a lot of great partnerships. Reebok is doing a lot of great things with the VY Electrify that's out right now. It's pretty much a dream come true. It's a pretty cool deal to do.
Just what we thought. Glad he's more concerned with making commercials than winning championships. (just a little heckling from a texans fan)
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #3
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I still have my money on Steve Slaton Leading them in rushing yards by the end of the season.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Word.

I have Steve Slaton starting by Week 2.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Chris Brown will have the most impact on the rushing game. If the ZBS does it's job getting to the second tier quick I think we'll see either starter hopefully taking less big hits that might wear on Green and Brown. It'll be interesting to see if we do keep 4 RB's going into the season who will get that third spot.

Slaton will be an interesting varible as a third down back but I don't expect this staff to push him into the starting lineup barring injury.Even then I'd expect him to split carries.

What strikes me as being very different from last year not only do we have the addition of Gibbs on the OL but I think we have MUCH better options if our #1 RB goes down. Walker while not overwhelming in athleticism has enough all around game to be effective on a call up and If Taylor is called up I think he can be an effective runner. Bottom line top to bottom this is a better RB situation and I think this staff will have more trust if one person goes down to keep with the running game.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

'....James Allen. Championship!!" *ducks punches*
Old 07-24-2008   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I kinda like the new NFL Nation blog network ESPN just officially launched recently.... good stuff and updated often.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2008   #8
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth

Blogs away, just a few more hours! Anyone going to the Sat morning TC? ill be there! Got out of cake tasting for my wedding, I already know what I want, a battle red velvet Texans Groom cake with liberty white icing!
My grooms cake was a football field with a big football in the middle with the Texans logo on it. It was awesome until I had a piece and the green icing turned my whole mouth GREEN. So half of our wedding pictures I have a goofy smile on my face because I was trying not to show my teeth. Just a heads up, stay away from the green icing on your wedding day, club soda doesn't even work
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #9
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

Got my TC tickets too, so I'll be there Saturday morning. I'm stoked about the upcoming season. It'll be interesting to see how Ahman's knee holds up. I think Chris Brown is gonna really flourish in the ZBS. Plenty of depth at RB, so I believe they're gonna be way improved from last season. Bring on Pittsburgh!
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me, or does Schaub make the goofiest faces in action? In games last season it seemed like every time the camera got him after a play he'd be making some expression.

Old 07-25-2008   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

He has a big head. Not Peyton Manning big though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Is it just me, or does Schaub make the goofiest faces in action? In games last season it seemed like every time the camera got him after a play he'd be making some expression.

No it's not just you. Although most of the expressions I see - look as though they are hippie lettuce induced...
Old 07-25-2008   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No it's not just you. Although most of the expressions I see - look as though they are hippie lettuce induced...
Whoaahhh, what's he talking about, let's get some Fuyunions?
Old 07-25-2008   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it just me, or does Schaub make the goofiest faces in action?
It's just you.

Signed,
Michael Jordan

Old 07-25-2008   #15
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:

Not only Schaub, but Green too apparently.

BLUE STEEL.
Old 07-26-2008   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post

BLUE STEEL.
AIEEEEEEEE!!!

oh wait... that's Zoolander.
whew! for a second I thought that was HWWNBN...
don't scare me like that.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #17
SenorStan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post

BLUE STEEL.
That looks more like LeTigre.
And Will Demps.
SenorStan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read