Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2008   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Countdown To First Preseason Game

It is about two weeks away.
Old 07-25-2008   #2
texan pride
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan pride is a Pro Bowlertexan pride is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Countdown To First Preseason Game

I'm hunting for some tix online as we speak. Hope the boss dont see!
texan pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #3
Toro59
Rookie

There's an actually countdown ticker at houstontexans.com
Toro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan pride View Post
If he does see you just promise to buy him a ticket and then you won't get in any trouble.
Old 07-25-2008   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Yay...I guess. Preseason games are so boring though. It's nice to know the season is right around the corner, but I can't stand watching preseason football.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Why?
Old 07-25-2008   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Why?
Watching backups go against backups just isn't all that interesting to me. I enjoy reading about who's doing well, who's winning the position battles, etc... but I can't watch an entire preseason game. They get boring real quickly (for me anyway).

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2008   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Watching backups go against backups just isn't all that interesting to me. I enjoy reading about who's doing well, who's winning the position battles, etc... but I can't watch an entire preseason game. They get boring real quickly (for me anyway).
I think it depends on how you look at Pre-season games. To me, it can tell me alot about the team's depth. I like to evaluate talent, position battles and individual performance. If we win..yippee. If not, meh.
Old 07-25-2008   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Yeah, I hear exactly what you're saying. Watching pre-season sometimes is like watching something that isn't real, because you always see certain players look like stars that never amount to anything.

However though, after waiting so long for football season, I'll be just stoked to watch any football I can. Plus, I do enjoy watching certain backups play that you know won't be starters in the season like Kevin Kolb in Philly or or Drew Stanton in Detroit. I will be really excited to watch my boy Jamal Charles in KC, to see what he can do. So you do get to see some of your favorite college players get to hit the field and in the 2nd halves and see how well they have developed.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

I'm happy just to be able to watch any kind of football.
Old 07-25-2008   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AFL bowl is this weekend.
Old 07-25-2008   #12
Toro59
Rookie

Quote:
word

preseason is better than nothing.
Toro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #13
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me too!!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan pride View Post
Sent you a PM.
Old 07-25-2008   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
AFL bowl is this weekend.
I'll probably check it out.
Old 07-25-2008   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll probably check it out.
I enjoy it and will be watching myself.
Old 07-25-2008   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

They could have such high scoring games.
Old 07-25-2008   #18
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I always go when the Cowgirls come to town during the preseason, and i usually go to the first preseason game regardless. But we usually sell the 2nd one if the cowgirls aren't playing. Preseason is very important for the tailgaters, as they have to brush the dust off of their inactivity and get back into the flow of things. I just enjoy seeing football in any circumstance once again.
Old 07-25-2008   #19
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 29009 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i hate preseason more than i hate offseason
Old 07-25-2008   #20
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
i hate preseason more than i hate offseason
I enjoy finally seeing the Texans play again, but during preseason games I'm usually worried more than anything. Nothing worse than to lose a player to injury in a meaningless game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read