Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-21-2008   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which rookie will have the most impact this year??

Williams: 23 sacks
Okoye: 12 sacks
Johnson: 7 sacks
Ryans: 9 sacks
Colvin: 8 sacks
more from a few others

There's your impact. Here's your result:

Bennet: 7 interceptions
DRob: 5 interceptions
etc.

I know this is uneducated, dreamy, guesswork, but I just had to say it. Not exactly rookies either.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts;

Duane Brown will have his hands full IF he is the starter game one which I expect. I anticipate a rough "learn as you go" season with ups and downs. It will be a successful season if he remains starter for 16 games. That will mean he was healthy and didn't anger the coaches which will give him some leeway but not too much as Salaam is waiting. Maybe Spencer.

Antwan Molden has been identified as further along at this point than Bennett but I'm not sure how that translates to game play. He could have a lot of opportunity to be goat or hero as I expect QBs to test him early and often. If he keeps his head on and remembers to breathe, he could be your guy. And lets not write off Reeves to quickly. I think he will do better than some expect. I have Molden starting later in year probably due to injury somewhere.

Steve Slaton could be the real deal. I really, really like this player especially as a 3rd rounder. Fast,fast and did I say fast? I think a lot of Dlinemen are going to get strained necks watching him motorcycle by. I predict that Kubes will find it hard to keep him off the field at some position. He is my pick. Like another said, we really need a break through at RB this season.

Adibi sounds good but I give nod to Diles for now. I can see a LB crew of Diles, Adibi and Ryans before end of season. Morlon just may get pushed this year.

Frank Okam oh, man Okam! I like this guy and watched him this last weekend in repeat against Bush's team in Championship. Frankie O. did all right. I'm thinking TJ is coming on this season like a locomotive and Okam may have to back up. A steal in 5th.

Dominque Barber intrigues me. Quietly doing well since the draft and has impressed his coaches. Hmm! Got a lot of players in front of him, but may surprise some by last part of season as injuries will probably hit this group again. Should see some playing time due to attrition.

Alex Brinks is going to be a fascinating player for me. I mean Smith has gotten a starting OLB with a 7th, a starting center for a 6th, I expect Brinks to be traded for a high draft pick later this season as QBs start to go down. Say a 4th?

If you consider that we actually got 8 players with draft picks, it was a very good off season. Let me also say Colvin will earn his $.
Old 07-21-2008   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Williams: 23 sacks
Okoye: 12 sacks
Johnson: 7 sacks
Ryans: 9 sacks
Colvin: 8 sacks
more from a few others

There's your impact. Here's your result:

Bennet: 7 interceptions
DRob: 5 interceptions
etc.

I know this is uneducated, dreamy, guesswork, but I just had to say it. Not exactly rookies either.
If I could get a guarantee of 50% of your figures, I'd take it in a minute.
Old 07-21-2008   #24
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Has to be brown b/c he's the only one that will have the most time/reps to directly impact our team; for good or bad.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Has to be brown b/c he's the only one that will have the most time/reps to directly impact our team; for good or bad.
Let's say just for arguement, he gives up 4 qb sacks in 16 games. Holds his spot but does not over whelm any opponent. Gets pulled from a couple games for rookie mistakes but continues to start. Gets flagged for 20 penalties for 5 yarders. He still gets time/reps but do you give him "the most impact" trophy? To me, this scenario is quite possible and I would be ok with it.
Old 07-21-2008   #26
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton will have the best impact by numbers. Brown might have the best total impact though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read