Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-09-2008   #41
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter 40 Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
At least we know white kids aren't being recruited at RB, especially by 'big schools'...
If it ain't UT... It don't count.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I'll send ya a map Lucky.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playby...&override=true

No after 60 yards I except to see him save his body when the coaches told him specifically to avoid Smith in a one on one situation. He tired to muscle Smith on the side lines and it cost the team. Like I posted if you go off the reservation, better make the play. Remind me again Lucky How many more 74 yard returns did he have after that one ? How many explosive plays over twelve yards for the rest of the season ? He was a ghost after that play. He was hurt and the coaches were protecting that shoulder.
I know you are correct but I think many if not most rookies in exact same scenario would try to muscle past the tackler and get 6. I hated that JJ got hurt but the kid has heart. Hopefully, next time his brain will kick in.
Old 07-14-2008   #43
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy is a solid WR.
Old 07-16-2008   #44
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
People may not know the answer to this, however I was intrigued to know what Kevin Walter's 40 time was? Anyone know?
Do not know for sure. Probably around 4.6 at the combine, but plays 4.5. And the way he turns and runs straight upfield for extra yards makes him more like 4.4.
Old 07-16-2008   #45
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say Walter is fast for his size, but certainly not a burner. Where he excells is in his precision routes. He reads the defense on the move very well too. I saw him 2 or 3 times last year completely lose his cover guy. I expect big things from Walter this year.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #46
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As it stands, Jones could struggle to be more than the club's No. 4 receiver behind starters Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter and highly paid No. 3 receiver André Davis. A source close to the club says Jones hasn't matured quite as quickly as the team had hoped. That said, Jones has flashed impressive talent in his brief NFL career, and he could develop into a game-breaker on special teams in the interim as his all-around game develops.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...wwhi071808.htm

Last edited by threetoedpete; 07-20-2008 at 10:37 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for avoiding my post threetoedpete.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #48
voltdawg
BattleRed Mopar

Old 07-20-2008   #49
voltdawg
BattleRed Mopar

Old 07-20-2008   #50
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Thanks for avoiding my post threetoedpete.
I remember the quote....if the quote is no longer up that's not on me . apparently, hard head, someone with in the organization is quoting it too. Kubiak
said it not me.
Old 07-20-2008   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
As it stands, Jones could struggle to be more than the club's No. 4 receiver behind starters Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter and highly paid No. 3 receiver André Davis. A source close to the club says Jones hasn't matured quite as quickly as the team had hoped. That said, Jones has flashed impressive talent in his brief NFL career, and he could develop into a game-breaker on special teams in the interim as his all-around game develops.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...wwhi071808.htm
Right now Jones is closer to Dante Hall (excellent return man but not a very good wr) than Derrick Mason (late round punt returner type that went on to become a very credible wr)....but he is still super early in his career.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #52
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I remember the quote....if the quote is no longer up that's not on me . apparently, hard head, someone with in the organization is quoting it too. Kubiak
said it not me.
Of course. It's easy to just spout off with stuff and then say "you go find it". Just saying.

But this isn't the time for petty arguments.

Jones is basically a glorified punt returner who hasn't broken one all the way yet. I think his receiving skills are probably going to improve since he's so young.
Old 07-20-2008   #53
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Right now Jones is closer to Dante Hall (excellent return man but not a very good wr) than Derrick Mason (late round punt returner type that went on to become a very credible wr)....but he is still super early in his career.
Jones should not be mentioned in the same sentance as Dante Hall. Hall is proven over many seasons. Jones did well in the pre-season, and thats it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #54
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Jones should not be mentioned in the same sentance as Dante Hall.
I think what he's saying is that Jacoby has shown more as a returner than a WR at this point. Vinny probably made a better comparison a year ago, with Jones to former Niner wideout/return man John Taylor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've been trying to think of a tall punt returner/WR2 in recent time and perhaps John Taylor of the 49ers is someone who Jacoby Jones may be comparable to as far as upside. Taylor was 6'1" out of tiny Delaware State College and was a hell of a punt returner and a great compliment to Jerry Rice. Taylor also ran a 4.67 40 at the combine that didn't really impress anyone but proved to have deceptive speed and excellent YAC ability due to his great body control. Taylor was really known for his ability to run with the ball after the catch...and that is Jones strength. Both guys are in the wco in the NFL as well. Lots of similarities to these players on paper.
John Taylor did little as a rookie, became a solid returner in his 2nd season, and a good #2 WR in his 3rd year. That could be the track Jacoby is on. Interestingly enough, Jone's position coach, Larry Kirksey, tutored Taylor (as well as Jerry Rice & Terrell Owens) during his years with the 49ers.
Old 07-21-2008   #55
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet the Bengals wish they had kept Kevin Walter now since they are having in-house problems with their WRs. Great route runner with better than average hands. Walter had me skeptical at first, but after Andre went down the guy stepped up big time and I've been a fan of his since.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #56
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I hope the injury bug won't find McGuffie again.
I sure do like to see what he can do in college.
Where did he go, some school in the big ten? Michigan?
I am willing to bet Mcguffie changes positions. I don't see him doing at michigan what he did in Highschool. They will probably turn him into another Wes Welker.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #57
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I am willing to bet Mcguffie changes positions. I don't see him doing at michigan what he did in Highschool. They will probably turn him into another Wes Welker.
McGuffie is similar in size to Steve Slaton, whom Michigan coach Rich Rodriquez had success with at West Virginia in the spread option. I can see McGuffie in that role with the Wolverines.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read