Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 06-01-2008   #41
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13
Default Re: 2009 Madden Player Rankings are IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I don't see how they can assign rankings to rookies prior to them playing a single down.

If I were in charge of it, I wouldn't even release the game until around week 7 (past the trade deadline). One thing I always notice about Madden is that by the time I am able to buy it, the rosters are completely outdated and wrong, takes away from the game play. If they waited, they could assign more accurate ratings and get the majority of the rosters right. I'd be willing to wait an extra couple of months to get the game at it's best.

Just my two cents.
To EA Sports it's all about the Benjamins. Like CKW said you can always update the roster.

Even though it's just one point I think that AJ should be a 97. I'd make Demeco a 96 and Mario a 95. Like the others have said, Greenwood higher than Dunta?!?
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #42
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I think Madden's got a hard on for Greenwood.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #43
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I think Madden's got a hard on for Greenwood.
I think Greenwood is deserving of high 80s rating. He is super consistent, and the coaches love him.

For some reson, the TT crowd is down on him because of his contract (legitimate gripe)
Old 06-02-2008   #44
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
On the PS3 and X360 - do they not do online updates for player rankings and depth charts throughout the season?

Madden 09 will be the first time I've played Madden on the most current platform, so I guess I assumed that those two consoles had all kinds of online updates constantly. Is that not the case?
Unfortunately, not everyone has an internet connection hooked up to their gaming system. It would be far more considerate to just not release the game until the roster is at its most correct. Rather than just dumping out the half assed version and telling everyone: "Oh well. Buy more crap for your gaming system".

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #45
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
It would be far more considerate to just not release the game until the roster is at its most correct.
While it would be 'considerate', it is by no means practical. One of the joys of madden is playing from the beginning of the season along with your team. With the plethora of roster changes, the game would never be released.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008   #46
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
While it would be 'considerate', it is by no means practical. One of the joys of madden is playing from the beginning of the season along with your team. With the plethora of roster changes, the game would never be released.
True, it would never be perfect. However, they could at least wait until past the trade deadline...which would make the rosters fairly accurate upon release. As for playing the season along with your team, I would rather just get caught up with an accurate roster than be irritated by a roster that is about half screwed up. Then again, it seems that I am the only one who will be purchasing Madden 09 for the PS2, which I do not have connected to the internet.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #47
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Respect for the texans in Madden 09

From those screenshots , it looks like they are going with the NFL Network style scoreboard on top right in the middle of the screen !! I'm not too sure how I feel about that . I could also tell that the field surfaces no longer look like carpet .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #48
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
If that is real, it says that Mario is a 97! Holy cow!

I mean, we all know he is at least a 97... but for EA to do that?? Wow.
Old 06-05-2008   #49
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
If that is real, it says that Mario is a 97! Holy cow!

I mean, we all know he is at least a 97... but for EA to do that?? Wow.
i thought mario would be a 93 overall, but hey, i aint complaining

but apparently i heard from sports gamers that those aren't the final ratings, EA may change them, so don't be suprise if mario falls to a 93 - 94 range
Old 06-05-2008   #50
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Yeah possibly a little overrated for a second year player. I could see maybe an 87 for him. He showed flashes but nothing deserving of over a 90.

Dunta should be the one with a 92!
speaking of over rated.... i think calvin johnson is over rated in madden (just a tad), he's a 92 overall, higher than dewayne bowe who had the better season between the two, i know calvin johnsons a beast but he didn't do anything to be a 92, imo he should be a 87-88, same goes to amobi
Old 07-20-2008   #51
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

All red jerseys?? It's in the game!!

http://www.operationsports.com/mm/sh...d.php?t=186473
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #52
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
speaking of over rated.... i think calvin johnson is over rated in madden (just a tad), he's a 92 overall, higher than dewayne bowe who had the better season between the two, i know calvin johnsons a beast but he didn't do anything to be a 92, imo he should be a 87-88, same goes to amobi
The problem is that madden develops its rankings based on physical stats + awareness.

So if a guy is a speed demon, can jump well, has good accel and good hands, etc, he is going to have to have an awareness of 40 to keep him out of the 90s

Its like Reggie Bush. He may not be productive, but based on Madden style ratings, he is highly rated

In order for them to make it more realistic, they'd have to include ratings like work ethic and football knowledge, etc, which would probably get sticky with the players union
Old 07-20-2008   #53
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The problem is that madden develops its rankings based on physical stats + awareness.

So if a guy is a speed demon, can jump well, has good accel and good hands, etc, he is going to have to have an awareness of 40 to keep him out of the 90s

Its like Reggie Bush. He may not be productive, but based on Madden style ratings, he is highly rated

In order for them to make it more realistic, they'd have to include ratings like work ethic and football knowledge, etc, which would probably get sticky with the players union
They could add something like MISCELLANEOUS or INTANGIBLES and then they don't have to say what actually goes in there.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read