Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-18-2005   #21
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
I am going to pretend like you did not say trade D. Carr. But yes Ragone is a restriceted Free which would let us get a draft pick or trade the sucker if he has a good NFLE season and shows some promise. Why not do the damn thing...
I am saying if Ragone turns out to be the next Warner or Dellhome then maybe think about it, hell no right now!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005   #22
Crazygomer
Rookie

Default Thank God for Tony!!!

It seems that everytime I find my way to this site, I see the talk is about what Ragone is doing??? Well I'm just glad that we have a quarterback like Tony Banks waiting in the Shadows to backup David!!! He has been around the league for many years and has had his ups and downs, but he has always did a great job for us when called upon

Nothing against Ragone, but I've never really cared for the guy and I don't think he will ever be a starter in this league. I do though think at some point that we could get a nice 3rd or 4th round pick for him though. In my opinion your number 2 quarterback should not be a young guy but have some experiance and records to prove it!
Crazygomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005   #23
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygomer
In my opinion your number 2 quarterback should not be a young guy but have some experiance and records to prove it!
Yeah, it really sucked for the Rams when they had an inexperienced Kurt Warner backing up Trent Green.

It also sucked to be the Patriots when Drew Bledsoe went down and they had to turn to young and inexperienced Tom Brady.

Both of those teams won the Super Bowl recently when their starting QB's went down.

Both of those backups entered the NFL with bigger question marks than Ragone.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005   #24
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Despite the tone of my last post, I am still happy that Banks resigned with the Texans. I thought all along that he would be back because he wasn't going to find a good chance at a starting position with another team. Banks has 3 years of experience with this team and its system, and has starting experience in the NFL.

I am anxious for training camp to see how Ragone and Symons have progressed. I expect Ragone will be invigorated by his experience in NFL Europe and will show why he was well-regarded coming out of college. Symons should be healthy and also a little more experienced after his stint in Europe. The competition for backup spots should be lively, but I see Banks emerging this year as the backup and Ragone as the third stringer. Hopefully Symons will be eligible for a spot on the practice squad, but if he shows well in training camp he might be claimed off waivers by another team. If all three backups are back for the 2006 season, the competition will be fierce to stay on the team.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #25
gcolby
Veteran

Default Heads up: We signed Banks for 2 more years

Tony's up for another two years of clipboard holding. Man, I wish I could make that kind of money to be a backup

No disrespect intended for Tony; I'm glad he's staying here so that we have a great backup. He's made it quite clear that he prefers to be a starter somewhere, so he's not intentionally standing there on the sidelines collecting all that loot.

So Tony, if you ever read this, thanks for staying. You lucky dog.

Glen
gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #26
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I fully believe that Banks is one of the best back ups in the league. He could start for a few teams out there, but fits better coming off the bench... I think that this is a significant signing for us, especially since he signed a 2 yr deal. I wasn't looking forward to depending on Ragone's progress in case Carr goes down. I think Ragone can be an effective back up, but isn't at that level yet. Maybe next season...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #27
Dionysus22
Veteran

Remember people!!! If all else fails...we still have Jammal Lord!! j/k!
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #28
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never been a big Banks fan. I think he's pretty average for the most part.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

If he was better than average we would not be able to retain him though. I will say that he outplayed DC in our second year so he brings good veteran value to the table when and if DC gets hurt.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #30
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
If he was better than average we would not be able to retain him though. I will say that he outplayed DC in our second year so he brings good veteran value to the table when and if DC gets hurt.

He came in and won the Carolina game for us that year if memory serves... the year the Panthers went to the SB...
A solid back up...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #31
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I will say that he outplayed DC in our second year so he brings good veteran value to the table when and if DC gets hurt.
I'll agree with that...We had 5 wins that year, and Banks was credited with 2 of them, I believe...Not sure who the Atlanta win was credited to...
Old 03-21-2005   #32
Dionysus22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I'll agree with that...We had 5 wins that year, and Banks was credited with 2 of them, I believe...Not sure who the Atlanta win was credited to...
That was credited to Michael Vick not playing until the end of the fourth quarter. LOL j/k
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read