Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-11-2008   #1
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Brown

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/b...OWN_S1.article

Did not see that this has been posted.

Hope I did the link ok. Just nice to read good things about players rather than them getting arrrest for one thing or another
Old 07-11-2008   #2
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP
Default Re: Chris Brown

It's good that so many NFL players come back home and work with local kids. In fact, I just read an article this morning about some NFL players from Angleton having a camp next week.

Brazosport Facts Article
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange View Post
It's good that so many NFL players come back home and work with local kids. In fact, I just read an article this morning about some NFL players from Angleton having a camp next week.

Brazosport Facts Article
Yes it is. Kudos to him for setting a good example and taking the time to create a positive influence.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #4
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

I wager that Chris Brown will lead the Texans in rushing this year, possibly with +1,000 yards if he gets enough carries
Old 07-11-2008   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
I wager that Chris Brown will lead the Texans in rushing this year, possibly with +1,000 yards if he gets enough carries
His biggest problem isn't the carries, it's staying healthy.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
His biggest problem isn't the carries, it's staying healthy.
Yes but if he can stay healthy then he's going to blow up in this offense. He'll look like the second coming of Terrell Davis if he can just keep from getting hurt.
Old 07-11-2008   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yes but if he can stay healthy then he's going to blow up in this offense. He'll look like the second coming of Terrell Davis if he can just keep from getting hurt.
SO what you're saying/thinking is; we're going to have a runningback who is going to be great as long as no one touches him? I wonder what Gary K. and Alex G. have in mind? hahaha

FTR - I agree w/you 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2008   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Of the backs on our roster, I think if one is to have some crazy 1500 yard 12 TD year, Brown is the best bet. Brown seems to get the nagging type injuries and while not a crazy fumbler, he does seems to have the habit of doing it just enough and at the wrong time.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Of the backs on our roster, I think if one is to have some crazy 1500 yard 12 TD year, Brown is the best bet. Brown seems to get the nagging type injuries and while not a crazy fumbler, he does seems to have the habit of doing it just enough and at the wrong time.
He and Owen Daniels will compete for that title this season

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008   #10
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have 2 really good backs with Brown and Green.

IF they can stay healthy, and I know that is the million dollar question, our running game will be awesome.

Keep positive thoughts! (Health for everyone)
Old 07-12-2008   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

What school did CB go to? I want to look for videos of him playing football on Youtube.
Old 07-12-2008   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Colorado

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-12-2008   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched a few videos of him when he played in HS and he looked like does have some speed. He also has great eye sight and broke T's it really does look like that he has all the tools that a RB needs in order to be a great RB in the NFL. He still needs a little tweaking on his overall game though. I think that Gary K. will help him progress a little bit more and with the good OL that the Texans are starting to have he might very well be the next TD. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of player he turns out to be just like all the other unknowns that we have on this team as of right now. What a very nice young man and I sure do hope that he does make this team.

Last edited by gary; 07-12-2008 at 02:13 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #14
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
I'm putting money on Steve Slaton to lead the Texans in rushing 2008.:mshadows:
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #15
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Steve Slaton represents the type of featured runner the Texans want because the Texans could have drafted Rashard Mendenhall in the first round if they wanted a bruising Runner to be the guy. The guys they have in front of him are injury prone as can be.
Old 07-14-2008   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

They both have a case to be made.
Old 07-14-2008   #17
PHAROAH
All Pro

Chris Brown is a solid but nothing special I am wondering why the texans signed him
Old 07-14-2008   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Chris Brown is a solid but nothing special I am wondering why the texans signed him
For that same reason; solid nothing special, won't break the bank, plug and play, low rick high reward.

Nothing difficult to understand here. It would seem they would rather spend the money elsewhere but we need one guy to "get it" first and then we can groom the late draft picks and wash outs into the position.

Quote:

Last edited by PapaL; 07-14-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2008   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
We'll see wich one of them makes the team.
Old 07-14-2008   #20
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I think they all will do well, but I also think they all will be fragile. so we will probably need all of them at one time or another. If slaton can a) make it around the corner in the NFL. b) take the hits without getting injured or coughing up the pigskin too much and C) can pass block and catch well enough to be an all around back, then I think we have us a potential Brian Westbrook. Otherwise he will be relegated to 3rd down receiver out of the backfield and slot. I think our best hope in the short term is Brown, Green and Taylor. If not I see a low round pick at RB next year. I really hope someone can step up and stay healthy and consistent. As much as I like Schaub and our receiver corps, we can not be successful if we are too one dimensional.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read