Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-12-2008   #101
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
to quote Chevy Chase,

"Barrett, you ignorant Sl*t!"... 13 days. Don't offer false hope.
that was Dan Ackroyd and Jane Curtain
Listen

30 yrs later, its still funny

back to topic...
I find it interesting that no one is giving Spencer any chance of making it back to his starting job - or even supplanting Salaam as a backup OT
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008   #102
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I find it interesting that no one is giving Spencer any chance of making it back to his starting job - or even supplanting Salaam as a backup OT

I find it more interesing that anyone thinks Spencer has a chance to come back as a starter based on how it's all evolved and how it came down at the end of OTAs. It wouldn't shock me if he's cut before camp as part of the 80 pare when the rest of the draft choices sign.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4374

Last edited by aj.; 07-12-2008 at 08:29 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #103
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Smithiak are still trying to give Spencer every reasonable chance to make a comeback. I'll admit that I would be mildly surprised if he got cut before T/C but it wouldn't shock me if he didn't make the final 53.
Old 07-13-2008   #104
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think Smithiak are still trying to give Spencer every reasonable chance to make a comeback. I'll admit that I would be mildly surprised if he got cut before T/C but it wouldn't shock me if he didn't make the final 53.
I'm going to be surprised if he makes it to TC. I hope he does make it and I'm cheering for him but from what I was hearing here during the OTAs and minicamp, I don't think he's going to.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #105
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

If I remember right, Kubiak said the next step was to see how he did around a pile. Unfortunately he and the coaches apparently didn't feel comfortable even trying that yet. I never heard anything more about it from the staff. I would assume if he does get "stress" tested on the field and doesnt measure up they will almost certainly have to make some kind of injury settlement and then release him, although I'm not really sure how that works. I personally think we are a bit thin still at OT if he is released or doesnt play. I think most teams would like to have 4 to 5 able OT's to start camp with.
Old 07-13-2008   #106
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
If I remember right, Kubiak said the next step was to see how he did around a pile. Unfortunately he and the coaches apparently didn't feel comfortable even trying that yet. I never heard anything more about it from the staff. I would assume if he does get "stress" tested on the field and doesnt measure up they will almost certainly have to make some kind of injury settlement and then release him, although I'm not really sure how that works. I personally think we are a bit thin still at OT if he is released or doesnt play. I think most teams would like to have 4 to 5 able OT's to start camp with.

Brown
Winston
Salaam
Butler
Frye
Pitts
Briesel
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #107
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brown
Winston
Salaam
Butler
Frye
Pitts
Briesel
Did Briesel ever play the tackle position?
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #108
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Not even in college.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #109
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

then he's perfect! suit him up! dalemurphy's logic is flawless here. ANYONE is better than salaam. should we put faggins in at LT dale?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #110
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
to quote Chevy Chase,

"Barrett, you ignorant Sl*t!"... 13 days. Don't offer false hope.
at the time of that post I had gone to HT.com to check their counter and it said 11 days! right now july 13th at 4:25 pm it says 11days. my post was 22hours ago. technically that is the same day. so my claim was valid.
Old 07-13-2008   #111
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
at the time of that post I had gone to HT.com to check their counter and it said 11 days! right now july 13th at 4:25 pm it says 11days. my post was 22hours ago. technically that is the same day. so my claim was valid.
Training camp in 'lebbin daze!

I got my tiiiiic-kets!

I got my tiiiiic-kets!
Old 07-13-2008   #112
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Having absolutely no evidence to provide, I believe he worked fairly extensively last off-season at the tackle position.

Regardless, it's true, I may prefer a guy who played 1/2 season at RG last season over Salaam at LT... That doesn't hurt my credibility does it? If it does, then I take it back!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #113
barrett
Hall of Fame

you have pretty good cred. i wouldn't worry too much that you wiffed once. i've certainly never won an argument with you.
Old 07-13-2008   #114
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Having absolutely no evidence to provide, I believe he worked fairly extensively last off-season at the tackle position.

Regardless, it's true, I may prefer a guy who played 1/2 season at RG last season over Salaam at LT... That doesn't hurt my credibility does it? If it does, then I take it back!
I know he played center last spring in europe, have not heard of him working at tackle.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #115
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

we have alot of guys that "could" play tackle. I said "capable" as in can do an adequate job now, in a starting or swing role at the NFL level and are slotted as a tackle on the depth chart. Briesel, Pitts and Frye will probably only be at a tackle spot in an emergency/injury relief role, and Salaam I believe is a liability in the run game. wich leaves... Brown (rookie), Winston, and Butler. Ofcourse that's just my oppinion.
Old 07-14-2008   #116
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Brisiel substituted at G in 4 preseason games in '07. He started at G in 4 regular season games after Weary got hurt.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read