Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-08-2008   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default ESPN - Scouts Inc- Rankings (QB, RB, WR, etc.)

It may be a long post since it costs money to access the links but here it is. Leading up to July 17th ESPN Insider and Scouts Inc. are ranking all 32 teams in each of the following:

QB: Houston @ # 13: The Texans have the makings of a high-flying offense if WR Andre Johnson is healthy. QB Matt Schaub also is a durability risk after taking an awful beating in his first year as Houston's signal-caller. While he has good height and can see the whole field, Schaub isn't thickly built and needs to prove he can withstand the punishment at this key position. He played only seven full games last year and just a small portion of four others. Schaub had Johnson at his disposal in only four of those seven games, and he still managed to throw for 2,241 yards and average 264 yards through the air in the games he played start to finish. Needless to say, those translate to big numbers over the course of an entire season.
Schaub is poised, crisp with his decisions and accurate. The Texans also have Sage Rosenfels waiting in the wings. He spelled Schaub quite effectively last season and very well could be the top backup quarterback in the league. This is a good situation, and this offense will score plenty of points, but only if Johnson stays on the field. Expect Schaub to have a monster season.

In order: New England, Indy, Pitts, NO, Cincy, Dallas, Philly, Jax, Seattle, Cleveland, NYG, Denver, Hou, SD, StL, Car, Ariz, Tenn, TB, Wash, GB, Buff, Det, Balt, Oak, Atl, NYJ, Minn, SF, Chi, Mia, KC

RB: Houston @ # 28: The Texans' scenario is the same as last year because they haven't found out if they have a No. 1 back. Under head coach Gary Kubiak they have adopted Denver's strategy; they create competition and hope someone who is a one-cut runner will shine behind their zone-blocking offensive line. Denver was successful with late-round or free-agent running backs and Houston is taking the same approach. Look for Darius Walker, who played well last season, to emerge. Ahman Green is a veteran who will get some touches if he's healthy and don't ignore the excitement rookie Steve Slaton brings to the table.

In order: SD, Minn, Jax, Pitt, Dallas, StL, Philly, Indy, KC, SF, Oak, Wash, Buff, GB, Tenn, Clev, Balt, NYG, NE, NYJ, Cincy, NO, Car, Seattle, Mia, Atl, TB, HOU, Denver, Ariz, Det, Chi

In the next few days: WR (7/9), TE (7/10), OL (7/11), DL (7/14), LB (7/15), DB (7/16), ST (7/17)

So how do you feel about the list so far? Who on the list is "ridiculous"? Where do you see us on the other lists? Let me know if you want to see another team and ill copy and paste or if you have insider here is the link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...ory?id=3477621
Old 07-08-2008   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: ESPN - Scouts Inc- Rankings (QB, RB, WR, etc.)

Darius Walker wont even make the cut this year.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't really justify ranking our RB's higher than too many, if any, of the teams ahead of us. I think the ranking is about right, but I don't expect us to have the #28th rushing offense next season, if that makes sense. As far as RB talent/depth goes... I think it's right.

Wow, I really like Matt Schaub. I'm really starting to get this feeling this next season is going to be completely awesome.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I can't really justify ranking our RB's higher than too many, if any, of the teams ahead of us.
I see your point. But, who would take the Saints RBs (#22) over the Texans, as they currently stand? I wouldn't.

Looking through the QB list, I can't think of a time when more teams were in trouble at that position. We will see a lot of bad QB play in the NFL this season.
Old 07-08-2008   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I can't believe they ranked Tennessee where they ranked Tennessee. They're only bringing back one RB from last year, Lendale White, and they drafted his supposed replacement.

I just don't see the Logic.
Old 07-08-2008   #6
JWarren14
Beer Me

Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I see your point. But, who would take the Saints RBs (#22) over the Texans, as they currently stand? I wouldn't.
Agreed, basically they say the same thing about them as they do us:

Although they have some big names in the backfield, it is hard to rank the Saints much higher. Deuce McAllister can't stay healthy and Reggie Bush is not a quality starter because he is not effective between the tackles. The most productive or at least the most consistent back last season was journeyman runner Aaron Stecker. Plus, Pierre Thomas is a young player with talent. This unit is four deep, but lacks a quality starter who can pound the rock.

Replace Deuce with Ahman and Chris Brown > Reggie between the tackles. We are 5 deep. You have to account for the media love reggie gets, thats the only explanation.
Old 07-08-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Looking through the QB list, I can't think of a time when more teams were in trouble at that position. We will see a lot of bad QB play in the NFL this season.
That's a very good point about the RB's. I have no idea where Deuce is right now, is he healthy? I'm really not starting to have much faith in Green (started about 30 minutes ago) I have kind of jumped on the Chris Brown bandwagon. I'll admit I know very little about him though.

Deuce vs. Green/Brown is a tough one cuz they all seem injured.
I don't care for the Saints much so rarely watch the games but what I've seen of Stecker- I like. I relate that to me liking the Quinn Gray signing... but then us releasing him. lol
As far as Reggie Bush goes, there's a huge stigma still about VY and RB, and I can completely understand why. But Reggie is still very talented and I would choose him over Steve Slaton. If you bring his contract into play...then forget it... but we're only looking at talent.

Deuce vs. Green/Brown= Push (maybe a slight edge for Houston since we have 2)
Stecker vs. Taylor/Walker= Push (maybe a slight edge to New Orleans for a quality backup)
Bush vs. Slaton= Bush (New Orleans gets this one, both 3rd down backs/ special teams guys)

And about the QB's... you're completely right, there are so many question marks at QB around the league!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2008   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

In the Hashmark section they went a bit further for the Texans running game, threw in Alex Gibbs, how this style of running game can bring surprise rbs, and mentioned Taylor as a possibility. Of course we have all hashed out his story around here. Just more press on the Texans.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks

Quote:
Scouts Inc. has ranked the NFL's run games [Insider], and while the AFC South's three playoff teams from 2007 all rank in the top half -- Jacksonville third, Indianapolis eighth, Tennessee 15th -- Houston is at No. 28, ahead of only Denver, Arizona, Detroit and Chicago.

The Texans' run game will be a big story this season. To improve on 8-8 and get out of the cellar of what could be the toughest division in football again, it has to do better than the last year, when the rush offense ranked 22nd in the NFL in yards. With 1,586, Houston collectively outran San Diego's LaDainian Tomlinson by just 112 yards. (It's not quite as bad as it sounds: 10 teams were worse.)

Coach Gary Kubiak lured an old coaching friend, Alex Gibbs, to Houston to teach the offensive line the zone blocking scheme that worked so well for so long when both coaches were part of Mike Shanahan's Broncos staff.

The question could well be more about the backs than the blocking. Ahman Green's knee injury killed his 2007 season and he has to show he can be a durable feature guy for the Texans. Chris Brown had the same exact issue in Tennessee, which is why the Titans let him walk away as a free agent.

But as Scouts suggests, it may not take a marquee back to excel in Houston's system.

Third-round draft pick Steve Slaton will have a chance to make an impact as will Darius Walker. But the candidate who could surprise is Chris Taylor. Undrafted out of Indiana in 2006, he played in four games as a rookie and averaged 4.4 yards a carry in four games that season, a half yard better than the rest of the team.

Taylor suffered a season-ending knee injury in July 2007, missed the entire season and will come into camp as a forgotten man to many who aren't devoted followers of the team.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
In order: New England, Indy, Pitts, NO, Cincy, Dallas, Philly, Jax, Seattle, Cleveland, NYG, Denver, Hou, SD, StL, Car, Ariz, Tenn, TB, Wash, GB, Buff, Det, Balt, Oak, Atl, NYJ, Minn, SF, Chi, Mia, KC
Pittsburgh is higher than I'd put them, but not by much. I also don't think Romo is as good as the team around him. The only teams ahead of us on that list that I would change are Philly, Jacksonville, and Denver. McNabb hasn't shown much the past few years and I have never been sold on his accuracy. He has constant injury concerns these days. Garrard is a serviceable QB that doesn't make many plays, but doesn't seem to make many mistakes, either. After only one year of each, I'll take Schaub. Cutler has crazy upside, and could develop into a top-5 QB, but he isn't there yet. I'll take Schaub until Cutler gets there.

JMO, YMMV.
Old 07-08-2008   #10
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
I would take Rivers over Cutler and Anderson even though the guy is a d##k head.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
That's a very good point about the RB's. I have no idea where Deuce is right now, is he healthy? I'm really not starting to have much faith in Green (started about 30 minutes ago) I have kind of jumped on the Chris Brown bandwagon. I'll admit I know very little about him though.

Deuce vs. Green/Brown is a tough one cuz they all seem injured.
I don't care for the Saints much so rarely watch the games but what I've seen of Stecker- I like. I relate that to me liking the Quinn Gray signing... but then us releasing him. lol
As far as Reggie Bush goes, there's a huge stigma still about VY and RB, and I can completely understand why. But Reggie is still very talented and I would choose him over Steve Slaton. If you bring his contract into play...then forget it... but we're only looking at talent.

Deuce vs. Green/Brown= Push (maybe a slight edge for Houston since we have 2)
Stecker vs. Taylor/Walker= Push (maybe a slight edge to New Orleans for a quality backup)
Bush vs. Slaton= Bush (New Orleans gets this one, both 3rd down backs/ special teams guys)

And about the QB's... you're completely right, there are so many question marks at QB around the league!
I think Slaton will show he can run between the tackles much more effectively especially in the ZBS.
Old 07-09-2008   #12
Ghetto D
Rookie

Hasn't a Gibbs running game ranked in the top 10 each year he has been a RB coach? Doesn't he sprinkle the magic dust over spare parts and make everything all better?

I would think that should be worth AT LEAST a top 20 ranking. Sometimes I wonder if they are just looking at names and not the whole picture. They need to remember that in the NFL things can (and do) turn on a dime.
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 262799 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto D View Post
Hasn't a Gibbs running game ranked in the top 10 each year he has been a RB coach?
Just a minor detail but he's not the RB coach although he does coach them. He's a line coach.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #14
JWarren14
Beer Me

WR rankings out today Texans @ #13

"Andre Johnson is a premier No. 1 receiver who continues to play at a high level when healthy. He has the speed and quickness to attack all levels in the passing game and shows outstanding catching skills. He has good size and strength to allow him separation on different route combinations. Kevin Walter is a big, strong possession receiver who knows how to use his size to shield defenders downfield. Andre Davis has exceptional straight-line speed and can attack the deep vertical areas in the passing game. Jacoby Jones is an intriguing young player who must become more consistent but should increase his playing time thanks to his big-play capabilities."

In order: NE, Ariz, Cincy, GB, Indy, Clev, Det, Dal, SD, Pitt, NYG, NO, HOU, Car, Philly, Atl, Den, NYJ, Seattle, Jax, Wash, Balt, StL, Buff, KC, Tampa, Oak, Minn, Tenn, SF, Chi, Mia

I think the health of AJ and the emergence of JJ coupled with the speed of AD and the possesion of Walter and the flash of Darnell Jenkins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWtizMV6Xc), who I hope makes the team because he brings a different dimension to our current group will equal a very strong combo of wideouts. Of course a healthy Schaub wont hurt either.
Old 07-09-2008   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chargers have the 10th best WR corps? Seriously? Kevin Walter & Andre Davis out produced the top 2 SD wideouts. How laughable is that?
Old 07-09-2008   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
The Chargers have the 10th best WR corps? Seriously? Kevin Walter & Andre Davis out produced the top 2 SD wideouts. How laughable is that?
They are probably counting Gates as a WR, which isn't all that far off, really. I also wonder how much future speculation vs. past production goes into this. Because I know people are really high on Vincent Jackson. On the flip side, Cincy's corps is way too high, when you consider chemistry issues. They have TJH and CJ, and a bunch of backups who are talented but always seem to underachieve (mostly due to legal issues).
Old 07-09-2008   #17
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WR rankings out today Texans @ #13

"Andre Johnson is a premier No. 1 receiver who continues to play at a high level when healthy. He has the speed and quickness to attack all levels in the passing game and shows outstanding catching skills. He has good size and strength to allow him separation on different route combinations. Kevin Walter is a big, strong possession receiver who knows how to use his size to shield defenders downfield. Andre Davis has exceptional straight-line speed and can attack the deep vertical areas in the passing game. Jacoby Jones is an intriguing young player who must become more consistent but should increase his playing time thanks to his big-play capabilities."

In order: NE, Ariz, Cincy, GB, Indy, Clev, Det, Dal, SD, Pitt, NYG, NO, HOU, Car, Philly, Atl, Den, NYJ, Seattle, Jax, Wash, Balt, StL, Buff, KC, Tampa, Oak, Minn, Tenn, SF, Chi, Mia

I think the health of AJ and the emergence of JJ coupled with the speed of AD and the possesion of Walter and the flash of Darnell Jenkins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWtizMV6Xc), who I hope makes the team because he brings a different dimension to our current group will equal a very strong combo of wideouts. Of course a healthy Schaub wont hurt either.
As far as the ranking, the only teams ahead of us I have a beef with are San Diego, New Orleans and maybe Dallas. If this ranking includes TE's, then I can see the Chargers and Dallas being rated ahead of us. But if you're not factoring in Antonio Gates, the Charger wideouts are pretty pedestrian, even with Chris Chambers. The Saints' passing game really struggled because Colston has yet to prove he is a true #1. Meanwhile, Dallas' WR corps mirrors ours--a superstar surrounded by role players. I like our star better, and I think our role players are better, too, but it's a closer call.

I suppose I could throw Detroit into that mix, too, on the grounds that their production has not matched their early-pick pedigrees. But I think Calvin Johnson, if healthy again, is going to explode this season.

That having been said, I'm not sure I would trade ours for anyone else's at this point. We seem to have the only star WR who's neither a headcase nor a locker-room tyrant/divider. That's got to be worth something.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #18
JWarren14
Beer Me

Cincy:

"Even with all the offseason distractions revolving around WR Chad Johnson, the Bengals have a very talented receiving duo with Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. However, without Johnson, this ranking would be a lot lower. Johnson is an explosive playmaker who draws enough attention on the backend to open up the passing game and spacing for other players. He is an excellent route-runner with soft hands and the ability to attack all levels in the passing game. Houshmandzadeh is an exceptional second option who exploits one-on-one matchups in the short and intermediate areas. He is a very smart route-runner with excellent receiving skills and is a big-time threat in the red zone. Rookies Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell and Mario Urrutia will be counted on early to contribute."

SD:

"Last season's addition of Chris Chambers gives the Chargers a solid starting tandem with Vincent Jackson. Chambers is an experienced receiver with speed and quickness on the outside and has the ability to catch the ball in stride and hit explosive plays down the field. Jackson is a huge target in the passing game and takes advantage of his 6-foot-5 frame by out-jumping defenders down the field. Although he doesn't separate well at times, he has the ability to make tough catches in a crowd. Both Chambers and Jackson complement each other well in the Chargers' passing attack. Buster Davis is a young player with a lot of potential, while Malcom Floyd and Kassim Osgood give the Chargers a lot of depth at a critical position."
Old 07-09-2008   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I know right. Texans>>Chargers.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #20
JWarren14
Beer Me

SD '07:

Vincent Jackson - 41 rec, 623 yds, 3 tds
Chris Chambers - 31 rec, 415 yds, 0 TDs (Mia) 35 rec, 555 yds, 4tds (SD)
Craig Davis - 20 rec, 188 yds, 1 td
Malcolm Floyd - 7 rec, 97 yds, 0 td

*They dont count Gates, they rank TEs later*

HOU '07:

Andre Johnson - 60 rec, 851 yds, 8 tds
Kevin Walter - 65 rec, 800 yds, 4 tds
Andre Davis - 33 rec, 583 yds, 3 tds
Jacoby Jones - 15 rec, 149 yds, 0 tds

SD: 134 rec, 1,878 yds, 8 tds
Hou: 173 rec, 2,383 yds, 15 tds

We no doubt outproduced, they probably factored in the fact that our running game was anemic and SD's was good so we were forced to throw more. Also the health an issue again and again. Please football gods, bless us with a healthy season!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read