Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-01-2008   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default brushes with joe marciano

met joe marciano today, he was checking into my hotel. not gonna say where. Good guy, couldn't be nicer. I took him up to his room. just thought i'd share.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: brushes with joe marciano

That's pretty cool. I have no idea what he must go through in dealing with his son, but I have nothing but respect for him. He's one of those guys I'd like to hang out with and just listen to for a while.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

coaches and a few players have said in the past that he's the best in the biz. i don't know if other teams or players agree with that though. i feel like he's done a terrific job with the Texans. I wonder if he's praised as universally as Gibbs is in that sense.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I've met the guy before too.....great guy with great morals (outstanding morals...(he's got all "his ducks in order"), just a guy that you want to go out and run through a wall for. Joe Marciano is a GREAT special teams coach (as well as a great speaker).....he's a asset on this coaching staff.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #5
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he would make a good HC.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
met joe marciano today, he was checking into my hotel. not gonna say where. Good guy, couldn't be nicer. I took him up to his room. just thought i'd share.
You've aroused my curiosity. What's he doing checking into a hotel here in the
Houston area when he lives here ? Oh that's right you won't tell us.
Very mysterious ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #7
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty cool. I love the way the guy reacts to a good special teams play. And when there's a great play he erupts. I like coach Joe.SWT, Don't steal his money playing cards you shark.
Old 07-01-2008   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
not gonna say where.
I've got a hunch its in La Marque?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
You've aroused my curiosity. What's he doing checking into a hotel here in the
Houston area when he lives here ? Oh that's right you won't tell us.
Very mysterious ?
could be a conference. it is the off season until the 5th.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #10
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I've got a hunch its in La Marque?
Galveston?
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't in the room, but I expect the late S and LB picks were for joe marciano . Just a note, get 65 on the colt KO coverage down on the ground first thing on Kick off return. What ever you gotta do. Who ever is assigned 65 and he gets by the first wave, cut them on the spot.

My guess is San Marcos....nice decompression facilities in San Marcos
Old 07-01-2008   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

he's taking a weeks vacation with his family. i'll tell you after he checks out, but im not going to disrespect a guests privacy.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Just a note, get 65 on the colt KO coverage down on the ground first thing on Kick off return. What ever you gotta do.
I'm sure to regret this, but I have to know. What's so crucial about getting #65 on the Colts down on the kickoff coverage?
Old 07-01-2008   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm sure to regret this, but I have to know. What's so crucial about getting #65 on the Colts down on the kickoff coverage?
I thought the same thing, but wasn't about to comment.

Most of ttp's posts would fit nicely in the "Random thought of the day" thread.
Old 07-01-2008   #15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wasn't in the room, but I expect the late S and LB picks were for joe marciano .
i'm gonna disagree... perhaps barber (s), but adibi (lb) has the ability to start for us sometime.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #16
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
I wasn't in the room, but I expect the late S and LB picks were for joe marciano . Just a note, get 65 on the colt KO coverage down on the ground first thing on Kick off return. What ever you gotta do. Who ever is assigned 65 and he gets by the first wave, cut them on the spot.

My guess is San Marcos....nice decompression facilities in San Marcos
#65 on the Colts is guard Ryan Lilja.

Why Lilja?
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange View Post
#65 on the Colts is guard Ryan Lilja.

Why Lilja?
My bad 95,
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=344. Titan's let him through . I was surprised the head remained attached on the titan's KR. Can't let that guy get a head of steam.

Quote:
led team with 22 special teams tackles, 21 solo

Last edited by threetoedpete; 07-15-2008 at 08:45 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008   #18
KeithW
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 KeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of FamerKeithW is a Hall of Famer

Just piling on the appreciation for Coach Joe, a friendly, decent human being who just happens to also be a kickass special teams coach, too. I'm glad he wasn't included in the mass firings from the Capers administration.
Old 07-07-2008   #19
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Only one thing I can say........concur!
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read