Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-28-2008   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prisco: MW #6 in top 50; AJ # 26

I was listening to the radio yesterday and the local sports guys here were totally pissed that Jason Witten and Tony Romo weren't on the list.

I think that #6 might be a tad high for MW; I think Jared Allen is slightly ahead of Mario. And I think Demeco should be on the list.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I was listening to the radio yesterday and the local sports guys here were totally pissed that Jason Witten and Tony Romo weren't on the list.

I think that #6 might be a tad high for MW; I think Jared Allen is slightly ahead of Mario. And I think Demeco should be on the list.
...perhaps when Romo quarterbacks his team of drama qweens to a playoff win....
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008   #23
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
...perhaps when Romo quarterbacks his team of drama qweens to a playoff win....
Says Carson Palmer?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008   #24
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prisco's top 50 NFL players

braylon edwards? i'm interested in the cleveland bunch next year, will they fall or make the playoffs?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008   #25
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i just love how it seems like every bit of press that Mario gets is followed by at least a parenthesis mentioning bush and young just like always but these days the info in those parenthesis are very positive!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008   #26
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prisco's top 50 NFL players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
braylon edwards? i'm interested in the cleveland bunch next year, will they fall or make the playoffs?
Cleveland will FAIL.

Texans will take the sixth spot.

GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario is #6 on the Media Attention top 50.

It's like the pro-bowl, half of the players chosen are chosen for their media time and fan following, not their actual contributions.

With that said, ofcourse Mario will be ahead of AJ.
Old 06-30-2008   #28
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
its probably Prisco's way of admitting he was among those who thought we were stooopid in 06 for passing RB/VY. Jared Allen is probably better, at least based on last season, than Mario. This year? I guess we'll see.
I guess it all depends on how the criteria of top 50 is done. Clearly he is factoring in injuries some because he talks about it...like with Haynesworth and AJ.

I'm guessing DeMeco makes the top 50 if he weren't playing through injury last year--it clearly affected him.

But if you ask me, who would you rather have on your team, Jared Allen or Mario Williams, it is a no brainer to me that I'd rather have Williams.
Old 07-01-2008   #29
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i think it's harder to be consistent in this league than to put up good numbers. i think having multiple good statistical years in a row (Ryans/Allen) is worth more than a great individual season (Willis/Williams. Don't get me wrong, i'd rather have Williams than Allen any day because character is very important to me.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read