Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-19-2008   #301
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rosevelt Colvin Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
how do ya'll know about this Olsen fellow and what exactly is his job in the Texans camp as director of football admin?
Quote:
Chris Olsen begins his second season with the Texans as the Director of Football Administration. He spent the previous 13 years working at the NFL league office in New York. Olsen’s primary responsibility with the Texans is to work closely with general manager Rick Smith on negotiating player contracts and managing the salary cap.
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Fr...t_office_id=67
Old 06-19-2008   #302
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Like most back end loaded contracts Colvin will probably not get the 3rd year & I think focus should be on what he does & gets paid first two years. That deal is pretty sweet if he is just a solid player. Anything above that is gravy for da chikn!
Old 06-19-2008   #303
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks HOU-TEX, as soon as I posted it, it occurred to me that I could just look it up on HT.com.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #304
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
thanks HOU-TEX, as soon as I posted it, it occurred to me that I could just look it up on HT.com.
No worries. I usually have HT.com up a few hours a day anyways.
Old 06-20-2008   #305
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Am I wrong thinking $8 million over three years is not a lot of money??

I mean I heard that Colvin was wanting a big contract, but when I read the details.... It didn't seem like a big deal to me.

I mean what's Greenwood costing us??
Old 06-20-2008   #306
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Morlon Greenwood will have a base salary of $4,017,000 in 2008 ($5,517,000 cap total) and $4,768,000 ($6,268,000 cap total) if he's still with the Texans in 2009.

Referenced from
Keith Weiland's Texans salary cap page on inthebullseye.com.
Old 06-20-2008   #307
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Am I wrong thinking $8 million over three years is not a lot of money??

I mean I heard that Colvin was wanting a big contract, but when I read the details.... It didn't seem like a big deal to me.

You are correct TK. I tis not a lot of $ as I posted earlier, he probably will not get 3rd year which lowers amount but the agent can tell other potential contract he got the $8m. If Colvin gets 6+ sacks and creates havoc OR allows the other linemen to do their job better, Smith made a steal.
Old 06-20-2008   #308
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

heard about the contract and i love numbers. I respect the hell out of Rick Smith with going out and landing this guy with a low risk high reward contract. It blows my mind that he can bring a guy in like this for that cheap for his first year.

***WARNING THIS IS ONLY ONE GAME***.

That's the Pats vs the Chargers week 2 of the '07 perfect season. We signed that guy to a low risk first year contract. That sounds great to me.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #309
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody got a chance to wath the Pats replay yesterday?

I don't have the pause or playback or slomo feature with my TV as I would with the PC so it's hard to tell for sure.

Colvin lookes pretty good, but not outstanding.
But I might have missed many things.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read