Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Where do you rank our WRs?

I've noticed this offseason that some people think our WRs are among the best in the league as a unit. But i've also noticed just as many people think that outside of AJ we are thin at WR due to lack of a true # 1 and some may even say true # 2 WRs.

Are some Texans fans overrating the WRs outside of AJ? I'm positive that has happened, goes with the territory of being a Homer for your team.

Are some "NFL" fans underrating this unit? I think that's true as well. Sure Walter/Davis aren't # 1 WR threats, but I think both are capable # 2 WRs even though they hadn't shown it in their career's up until last season around the time AJ got injured.

What's more I think we've got a nice project player in Jacoby who may turn out being a stud opposite of AJ at # 2. Throw in a solid posession guy like David Anderson and that looks like a pretty solid unit.

I rank our WRs # 6 in the league right now. The Pats, Colts, Bengals (with Ocho), Packers and Cardinals have an edge imo but I think by the end of this season they will break the top 5. This, to me, is our strongest unit and I couldn't believe I actually took the time to argue with Cowboy fans at work who thought the Texans needed to draft a WR in the 1st round!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read