Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-21-2008   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Knows of Big Expectations - CBS

It's under the "Fantasy" section, but it's a good positive peice on AJ3000.

Andre knows of giant expectations in '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Richard
The news hit Texans fans and Fantasy owners hard when in mid-May, Houston head coach Gary Kubiak announced that Andre Johnson's left knee needed arthroscopic surgery. The star wide receiver wasn't comfortable with how his knee was feeling during a minicamp session and the club opted to clean it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Richard
At 6-foot-3 and over 220 pounds, Johnson is the proverbial prototype NFL wide receiver. He's got incredible hands. He has great speed for a guy his size. He can jump with the best of them. He can play against press coverage just as well as zone schemes. And there isn't a down and distance that Johnson isn't qualified to be on the field for.
I liked it, but I have an AJ jersey.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Andre Knows of Big Expectations - CBS

AJ is one of the few complete WRs in the game. Best comparison I have seen to him was when he was coming out in the draft I read someone call him "A young TO without the mouth."

He was a pro bowl WR with Carr at QB, Steve Smith disappeared with Carr under center. That tells you all you need to know about Andre Johnson and why we're lucky to have a player of his caliber. He's gonna be the 1st Texan in the HOF mark that down!!!
Old 06-21-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I like AJ's demeanor on and off the field. No mouth and all business. And he has a charity and never really gets into trouble. I think if everything goes decently at the QB position he will make whoever is throwing the ball look great if he's healthy for all 16 games. He could easily account for 1200 yards if he plays a whole season. Add that to anybody's yardage as a QB and they will look good I'm sure.
Old 06-21-2008   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

He's the consummate professional, which is kind of ironic seeing as he comes from the U.
Old 06-21-2008   #5
b0ng
Ooops

I guess the only thing that can be said now is like once every few years Charlie Casserly is a genius with his first round pick.

But only every once in awhile.
Old 06-21-2008   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Wasn't AJ drafted the same year that our two 2nd round picks were used on Tony Hollings and Bennie Joppru?

There, balance has been restored....
Old 06-21-2008   #7
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while!
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-21-2008   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Wasn't AJ drafted the same year that our two 2nd round picks were used on Tony Hollings and Bennie Joppru?

There, balance has been restored....
I just remain thankful that the Lions picked Charles Rogers one pick before us.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

If you guys want AJ on your fantasy team, don't join one with Texans fans.

And Vinny, just the thought of AJ not being on this team, and the Lions picking him instead gives me nightmares.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
AJ is one of the few complete WRs in the game. Best comparison I have seen to him was when he was coming out in the draft I read someone call him "A young TO without the mouth."

He was a pro bowl WR with Carr at QB, Steve Smith disappeared with Carr under center. That tells you all you need to know about Andre Johnson and why we're lucky to have a player of his caliber. He's gonna be the 1st Texan in the HOF mark that down!!!
AJ aint getting a sniff of the HOF until we have playoff success and probably will have to play in, if not win, a Super Bowl. I love AJ but he aint even close to the HOF.
Old 06-21-2008   #11
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

that's a disservice to AJ. He has waaay better hands than Owens.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008   #12
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
If you guys want AJ on your fantasy team, don't join one with Texans fans.

And Vinny, just the thought of AJ not being on this team, and the Lions picking him instead gives me nightmares.
He's gonna be my first pick. L.T. be damned.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008   #13
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I place Owens closer to Steve Smith than to AJ. Owens uses his athleticism to gain seperation but AJ is the complete Package and I agree AJ has better hands than Owens.
Old 06-21-2008   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Ain't that the truth. If they had passed on Rogers we probably would have taken him, even if AJ was still there. They were thought to be close in value, but IIRC Rogers was pretty much given as the better of the two. Sort of like the Manning vs Leaf arguments and fortunatly....we got a Manning and not a Leaf.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
I place Owens closer to Steve Smith than to AJ. Owens uses his athleticism to gain seperation but AJ is the complete Package and I agree AJ has better hands than Owens.
I think they called AJ a "T.O." without the mouth because both players are big, tall and fast.

Steve Smith is a short blazing phenomenon who's got freat hands, and a little bit of a mouth.

Honestly, I think all 3 have different enough abilities that you don't have to say one is the other and all that. They are all 3 pretty special.
Old 06-21-2008   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

In a different situation, who's to say Rogers wouldn't have worked out for us? Not that I'd change things, given what has happened AJ is gold for us and Rogers was a bust. The football gods have been good to us as far as this situation is concerned.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008   #17
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
AJ aint getting a sniff of the HOF until we have playoff success and probably will have to play in, if not win, a Super Bowl. I love AJ but he aint even close to the HOF.
Of course he's not close to the HOF, its a PROJECTION for an under 30 player on our team to be the first HOF inductee in franchise history.
Old 06-21-2008   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
That was the best pick of the draft as far as im concerned
Old 06-21-2008   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's gonna be the 1st Texan in the HOF mark that down!!!
Booya! I like that kind of talk.

But onward and upward to our first winning season and many more before AJ even thinks of retiring. He needs to cement his status as an elite WR in winning playoff games.
Old 06-21-2008   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Booya! I like that kind of talk.

But onward and upward to our first winning season and many more before AJ even thinks of retiring. He needs to cement his status as an elite WR in winning playoff games.
That he will...that he will

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read