Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-20-2008   #21
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I am excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Right on, JT!!

This is true, but we've always been a bit of an "if" team, so it's a state-of-mind I'm used to! I am excited about the season, as well. It can't come soon enough!
I figure the ifs are a 60/40 chance because I slant toward the optimistic . Therefore I'm looking forward to our best season and first playoff game .
Old 06-20-2008   #22
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am excieted also. Heck, look at it this way, one of these seasons between Ahman and Brown, one of them has to be healthy. And we still got Slaton. All I am saying the law of averages eventually has to give us a shot at staying semi-healthy. But on top of that, we have a lot more solid depth than before.
Old 06-20-2008   #23
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 52681 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I am excieted also. Heck, look at it this way, one of these seasons between Ahman and Brown, one of them has to be healthy. And we still got Slaton. All I am saying the law of averages eventually has to give us a shot at staying semi-healthy. But on top of that, we have a lot more solid depth than before.
Everyone repeat after me... " Chris Taylor "
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #24
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Do we still have Ron D.?
Old 06-22-2008   #25
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Do we still have Ron D.?
nope, he's gone.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #26
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do we still have Ron D.?
Nope. He's been gone for a while actually.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #27
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Nope. He's been gone for a while actually.
I never heard this. Do you all think it was a good move?
Old 06-22-2008   #28
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah.

We have more than capable backs now: Ahman Green, Chris Brown, Steve Slaton, Chris Taylor, and Darius Walker.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #29
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
ME TOO!

Here's a quote from Winston that I heard second hand on LZ's AM show this morning:

"We're going to be dominate in the run game. We're gonna run right f...in' over people"

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this season and the potential nastiness and dominance of both lines!

--giddy with anticipation.
While the Texans rushing offense has to face 5 games this season against the top 5 rushing defenses in the league last season, it is comforting to know that while those teams possess stout rushing defenses their offenses combined average ranked in the bottom half of the league last season.

Vikings rushing defense ranked 1st in the league last season, while offense finished 13th. Tarvaris Jackson heaved the Vikings passing offense to 28th place last season... the Jackson factor along with the Vikings 32nd ranked passing defense last season ought to negate the vikings #1 rushing defense from being a huge factor this season...

Ravens defense is getting old, add to that a New Coach, and offense that is looking for its identity there is good reason to be optimistic here...

Steelers #3 rushing defense last season will be the most formidable of the top 5 defenses...

Titans defense is only getting better, but that offense is atrocious putting the optimism factor back were it belongs...

I imagine the Texans can take 3 out of 5 of these games, considering the 1,2,3 bunch they will be bringing to the QB's of the opponents who have proven time and time again to rattle under pressure...

With the exception of the Jags and Indy who ranked outside of the top 10 with their rushing defenses the rest of the teams on the schedule ranked in the bottom half of the league with their rushing defenses last season.

There is no doubt a lot of reasons to be excited this season, and the schedule filled with QB's who buckle under pressure being top on that list given the reality that the Texans defense will be bringing the heat to the QB this season.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #30
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yeah.

We have more than capable backs now: Ahman Green, Chris Brown, Steve Slaton, Chris Taylor, and Darius Walker.
We do have enough RB's for now that's for sure.
Old 06-22-2008   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never heard this. Do you all think it was a good move?
Look at it this way... he's still looking for work. So it's not like he's gone far.

If worse comes to absolute worse, we could still re-sign him but i really don't think he fits in with our plans for the future or the present.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #32
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Look at it this way... he's still looking for work. So it's not like he's gone far.

If worse comes to absolute worse, we could still re-sign him but i really don't think he fits in with our plans for the future or the present.
I wonder who will pick him up.
Old 06-22-2008   #33
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder who will pick him up.
I haven't even heard of him interviewing. If he gets picked up, I expect it to be a team that has a lot of injuries during training camp or a team who needs a veteran. Dayne's best qualities are that he doesn't mind blocking, he doesn't fumble very often, and he catches the ball out of the backfield. He just doesn't run with the power a guy his size should and he's bad in short yardage situations.

This might have been his last hurrah.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #34
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I haven't even heard of him interviewing. If he gets picked up, I expect it to be a team that has a lot of injuries during training camp or a team who needs a veteran. Dayne's best qualities are that he doesn't mind blocking, he doesn't fumble very often, and he catches the ball out of the backfield. He just doesn't run with the power a guy his size should and he's bad in short yardage situations.

This might have been his last hurrah.
We'll see.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read