Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2008   #11
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
you are engaging in the time honored tradition of making excuse after excuse for the success of Sage in Houston. I witnessed it take place in 06 with Carr apologists, I witnessed it during the 07 season when Sage was exceeding all expectations, and Im witnessing it right now. According to you, none of Sage's 4 wins are worth considering, and its irrelevant that he tied an all time NFL record 4 touchdown passes in the 4th quarter to give his team the lead with under a minute left. These actual events are somehow not an accurate representation of what his ability is. ok.
Considering? In what sense? It was nice. The wins count. The 4th quarter comeback? NO. Hell no. What the guy plays the best 15 minutes of his life and that seriously weighs in?

Oh.. Minn... who has a need at QB... didn't think he was worth a second rounder. A second is what we were asking for. They said a 3rd.

But what are we arguing? Are you arguing that Sage should be the starter for this team? Is he your starter for the next 4 years? 5? 10? Give me a break. He is at best a stop gap guy. Schaub is at worst a stop gap guy. Maybe I was wrong about Schaub. Maybe he's not the guy we need for the next 6-10 years.... maybe. Sage, I'm convinced isn't. Defend him all you want. Count all of his wins. In fact, lets get his preseason wins too. And his college record... I think he went undefeated as a pop warner QB one year.

If you're going to count the numbers... he was 1-3 vs teams over .500. I don't care what he was overall.. he was 1-3 vs teams over .500. Nuff said. Don't try to shove the Jac win in there...that one didn't count. Not for me... You don't evaluate a guy based on what he does against a team who doesn't even care about the game.

This isn't a Schaub vs Sage debate. This is a Sage vs someone I want starting for my team.

Want an example? What did Schaub do vs Indy WITH a healthy Freeney? What did Sage do against a Indy w/o Freeney?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read