Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-19-2008   #101
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com prediction Texans 6-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I don't know if this has allready been posted in this thread, just don't have the time to read through all of the posts!

This simulation looks like a great idea on paper, but it fails in reality. Just check out the 2007 simulation predictions.

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondth...rticle=2007NFL

It had us and the Titans as huge losers last year. It had the Giants sub 500 and the Cowboys and Packers at 8-8. They had the Browns at 5-11 and the Bengals winning the division.

They had the Texans coming in at 5-11.

It's official... Computers cannot predict the future, especially an NFL season!
AND... The simulation had the Dolphins going 8-8. What a joke!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #102
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
AND... The simulation had the Dolphins going 8-8. What a joke!
They also had the Niners going 11-5 with the second highest scoring offense in the NFL. The reality was 5-11 and dead-last in the NFL in scoring.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #103
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually was not really size dropping but the damn bold shit stands out and it is a pain in the ass to read and look at. The mention of the size was a joke to someone else who has better. As long as I been here you would think you would know me better than that.

Oh by the way at work it is a samsung since that is where i am working.
Spec, I'm joking witcha. Its the offseason, HWWWNSO, Capers,Casserly and Stevens are all gone; What am I supposed to do?

The Joke came through just fine on my 14 inch orange and black techtron monitor just fine. Maybe its time to downgrade.

(that's like dropping Charlie Casserly's name when trying to get a job as a scout in the NFL.)

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #104
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Spec, I'm joking witcha. Its the offseason, HWWWNSO, Capers,Casserly and Stevens are all gone; What am I supposed to do?

The Joke came through just fine on my 14 inch orange and black techtron monitor just fine. Maybe its time to downgrade.

(that's like dropping Charlie Casserly's name when trying to get a job as a scout in the NFL.)

Mike
definition please....
I'm familiar with He Who Will Not Be Named... are we talking about the same person?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #105
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
definition please....
I'm familiar with He Who Will Not Be Named... are we talking about the same person?
I'm thinking it's "He Who We Will Not Speak Of" so yeah, I think you guys are talking about the same guy.

Aka "Mister Mittens" (could people please add their favorite nicknames for "her" so we can get a comprehensive list of what we're calling the Texans first truly epic bust?

Oh wait, idea time.

We need to start an online dictionary of terms that every Texans fan needs to know. Lets get on that people, we've only got a couple of months until the season starts and we can expect a large influx of bandwagon fans as we start kicking the snot out of the rest of the NFL. They'll need help.
Old 06-19-2008   #106
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm guessing He Whom We Will Not Speak Of?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #107
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We need to start an online dictionary of terms that every Texans fan needs to know. Lets get on that people, we've only got a couple of months until the season starts and we can expect a large influx of bandwagon fans as we start kicking the snot out of the rest of the NFL. They'll need help.
My original creation:

Open Daniels Adj. Descriptive term used when the tight end for the Texans is incredibly open on almost every play.
Old 06-19-2008   #108
barrett
Hall of Fame

and the less popular:

"KevinS Walter" Noun: The use of extraneous S's in the name of a football player for virtually unknown reasons.
Old 06-19-2008   #109
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
and the less popular:

"KevinS Walter" Noun: The use of extraneous S's in the name of a football player for virtually unknown reasons.
I always thought that "Kevins Walter" referred to Kevin Walters inexplicable ability to get open and the illusion he creates that there is more than one of him on the field. You go plural because you think there's three of them out there.

That was just me though.
Old 06-19-2008   #110
barrett
Hall of Fame

"Doin' the Flannigan" : Verb. When a player finds himself laying on his back 10 yards out from the line of scrimmage confused and melancholy.
Old 06-19-2008   #111
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I always thought that "Kevins Walter" referred to Kevin Walters inexplicable ability to get open and the illusion he creates that there is more than one of him on the field. You go plural because you think there's three of them out there.

That was just me though.
Brilliant! And I'm sure you meant Kevin Walter's inexplicable ability right?
Old 06-19-2008   #112
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Back on the knicknames for YKW (which also happens to be one of his knicknames by the way) I can't believe I didn't go ahead and put "Ocho Stinko" and "Fetal" in there. Those two are almost legal names for him.
Old 06-19-2008   #113
barrett
Hall of Fame

ocho stinko was always pretty funny to me.
Old 06-19-2008   #114
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

C&C Factory = that horrific group

(of Casserly and Capers)
Old 06-19-2008   #115
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
C&C Factory = that horrific group

(of Casserly and Capers)
"The C&C Losing Factory" - refers to the 2001-2005 regime of General Manager Charlie Casserly and Head Coach Dom Capers who combined to bring football fans in Houston a 4 year record of futility that came to a depressing 18-46 total. They capped their illustrious careers in Houston with a 2-14 work of art that eventually led to their demise (much to the relief of those Houston Texans fans who managed to survive their reign). Credited to Texan Bill.
Old 06-19-2008   #116
barrett
Hall of Fame

Recently created by DaleMurphy:

"The Trinity." :

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
It's the doctrine of the trinity. God is one but revealed in three persons.

Kubiak = Jesus
Smith = Holy Spirit
BMcNair = God, the Father

Kubiak walks among us and is our example of how to play football. Smith is the force that enables us to play football the way Kubiak shows us to. McNair is the creator and has orchestrated everything that has and will happen.
Old 06-19-2008   #117
Hervoyel
The Right Track

"The Trinity" The Texans fan term for the current brain trust of the Houston Texans which draws a parallel between the Owner, GM, and Head Coach with the Christian religons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

In Texans speak "The Trinity" goes like this: Kubiak walks among us and is our example of how to play football. Smith is the force that enables us to play football the way Kubiak shows us to. McNair is the creator and has orchestrated everything that has and will happen. Credited to dalemurphy.
Old 06-19-2008   #118
barrett
Hall of Fame

i would do a definition for Smithiak but i can't match your poetic C&C loosing factory definition so I'll humbly refrain and leave it to the expert.
Old 06-19-2008   #119
barrett
Hall of Fame

this should be split off and made into a thread of it's own. it's brilliant!!!
Old 06-19-2008   #120
Hervoyel
The Right Track

"Smithiak" A common Texans fan abbreviation used to refer to both GM Rick Smith and Head Coach Gary Kubiak at the same time. It is typically used when speaking of an accomplishment or action taken by the two who are considered inseperable and equally responsible for all Texans post-2005 success but is sometimes used in the form of a criticism. This is usually done by one who does not believe in "The Trinity". Credited to ObsiWan

(earliest reference to the term I could find here on TexansTalk.com was from him)

We need to track down who said these things first on the board. Earliest appearance should do it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read