Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2008   #41
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3247 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the Texans statistical finish: Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
What has made Reeves a good signing? What has he done to back up this opinion? Any facts, any links where analysts outside of Houston think it was a great pick up?
Hey tex this thread is not a draft or trade thread so pick where you think the defense will statistically finish the year and start a new thread of your own bashing the texans as you wish .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #42
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
Hey tex this thread is not a draft or trade thread so pick where you think the defense will statistically finish the year and start a new thread of your own bashing the texans as you wish .

Geez, where do you come up with this stuff? Not celebrating every move made by management is not bashing the Texans. Jesus christ! I mentioned Lito Sheppard as being a good pick up and you just come out and say I'm just bashing the Texans. Do some of you in here just have to completely quote everything out of context to make a point?

To answer your question though, I'd say right around 15th would be a reasonable assumption at this point. Most likey 17th or 18th, but they could certainly end up around 13th or 14th if things go right. To give you one EXACT number, I'll say 16th.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
What has made Reeves a good signing? What has he done to back up this opinion? Any facts, any links where analysts outside of Houston think it was a great pick up?
Okay.... what difference does it make what people outside of Houston think??

Seriously, some people(outside of Houston) thought the LeCharles Bentley signing was great.

Some folks, outside of Houston, thought the Javon Walker signing by Denver was great.

Then there were those, again, not in Houston, who thought the Thomas Jones signing by the New York(jets) was a great signing.

I'm very excited about the Ray Rhodes aquisition, and he wanted Reeves. I've seen Jaques play, he's got speed, and he's got some skill. I have no reason to believe proper coaching won't make him a stronger player.
Old 06-18-2008   #44
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Okay.... what difference does it make what people outside of Houston think??

Seriously, some people(outside of Houston) thought the LeCharles Bentley signing was great.

Some folks, outside of Houston, thought the Javon Walker signing by Denver was great.

Then there were those, again, not in Houston, who thought the Thomas Jones signing by the New York(jets) was a great signing.

I'm very excited about the Ray Rhodes aquisition, and he wanted Reeves. I've seen Jaques play, he's got speed, and he's got some skill. I have no reason to believe proper coaching won't make him a stronger player.
Hopefully you're right about that.
Old 06-18-2008   #45
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The move is still to be determined. He hasn't played a down for us yet. Furthermore, he was good enough to start at CB, with poor safeties behind him, on a 13 win team. Since he cost us very little against the cap and no draft picks, nor did the team end its attempts to upgrade the CB position with his signing- I have no reason to not like it so far.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #46
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
The move is still to be determined. He hasn't played a down for us yet. Furthermore, he was good enough to start at CB, with poor safeties behind him, on a 13 win team. Since he cost us very little against the cap and no draft picks, nor did the team end its attempts to upgrade the CB position with his signing- I have no reason to not like it so far.
What you fail to realize is that I STRONGLY HOPE that you're right, and that he works out really well. I just don't have any facts to go off of yet to assume that will happen. Personally, I'm all for hoping that this Molden kid steps up, and Barber can become better in coverage. Barber was a really good tackler in college but lacked in coverage. I'd love to see him get better in coverage and take over at the safety position.
Old 06-18-2008   #47
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What you fail to realize is that I STRONGLY HOPE that you're right, and that he works out really well. I just don't have any facts to go off of yet to assume that will happen. Personally, I'm all for hoping that this Molden kid steps up, and Barber can become better in coverage. Barber was a really good tackler in college but lacked in coverage. I'd love to see him get better in coverage and take over at the safety position.
I'm not arguing that he will be good. I'm arguing that it was a good signing. It was low cost for a guy with ability who started for a 13 win team. The guy is both young and healthy. Maybe he won't work out. If he doesn't, I'd still wouldn't argue that it was a bad front office move.

If Smith would have used the Reeves signing as an excuse not to address CB in the draft and then if Reeves were to not work out, then I would blame the organization for a mistake.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #48
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd rather see one of the Brandons step into the free safety spot in a year or so - I think we'll get quality time from Demps and Brown/Earl this year.
If we get quality special teams work from Barber, then he's earned his spot.
Just my
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read