Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2008   #61
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com prediction Texans 6-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I guess to some people no Super Bowl appearances after two seasons = failure. Or they fail to see the conditions in which Kubiak took this team over with the amount of Dead Money, and the constraints in which to work in against the salary cap hell, that we were headed towards.

1. There is no question 'IF'.

2. "...2-14 Obviously the record was going to improve...?? You really have no idea of how bad of shape this franchise was left in after the C&C Factory departed - huh? Salary Cap issues, with a ton of dead money. Not much talent and certainly NO depth on the roster. In fact, the roster has been drastically overhauled since Smith and Kubiak took the reigns.

While many people did buy into that, with a closer look you would have noticed signs of them imploding. Jamie Sharper made comments about leadership on and off the field (referencing coaching and I am sure HWSRN). The Cleveland game alone that year was enough to send up red flags up. We had Cleveland, here. They weren't that good at the time. The Texans had every reason to come out and win to go 8-8 and yet the team imploded and got destroyed..

As far as phrases "break out years", I think thats a bit cliche', overworked, old and boring. A competitive year and at least in the hunt for the play-offs would be the next stepping stone for me.. As far as claiming Kubiak as "GOD", I haven't seen anyone proclaim that, but I guess that was an over-dramatization for symbolic sake. People have stated their being pleased with the progress Kubiak and Smith have made in two seasons given the constraints mentioned before. Not to mention the fact that both guys are in their very first HC and GM positions ever.
I don't know if you can't read or if you just choose to quote people out of context, but I never called anything failure or said expectations were SB bound. So don't try that pathetic arguement against me when I never said anything close to that.

Don't assume you know me or know what I know about the Texans position and where the franchise was headed. That was my point. I thought they were headed backwards instead of forward at the time, and many people like you called me crazy because I wasn't an optimist just for the sake of being an optimist because that's the team I root for. I'll still remain objective and make predictions with what I see and not just from my heart.

I haven't bashed Kubiak or Smith one time in here so before the next person slides in here acting like I'm bashing them simply for not putting all faith in god in a coach and GM that have been here only two years actually read the post and interpret what I said and stated. I said they both have done a decent job and there hasn't been any over achieving thus far to point out. They have improved to an average team at 8-8. Decent job.

The bottom line is that the Texans still have a lot of issues, and the scout.com put 6-10 as a prediction for a reason. Personally, I think it's a bit harsh but it is a possiblity that it could be correct. I'm thinking more 7-9 to 9-7 at best but it could go either way. I'm not blind to some of the holes this team has and the needs that are still out there.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't know if you can't read or if you just choose to quote people out of context, but I never called anything failure or said expectations were SB bound. So don't try that pathetic arguement against me when I never said anything close to that.

Don't assume you know me or know what I know about the Texans position and where the franchise was headed. That was my point. I thought they were headed backwards instead of forward at the time, and many people like you called me crazy because I wasn't an optimist just for the sake of being an optimist because that's the team I root for. I'll still remain objective and make predictions with what I see and not just from my heart.

I haven't bashed Kubiak or Smith one time in here so before the next person slides in here acting like I'm bashing them simply for not putting all faith in god in a coach and GM that have been here only two years actually read the post and interpret what I said and stated. I said they both have done a decent job and there hasn't been any over achieving thus far to point out. They have improved to an average team at 8-8. Decent job.

The bottom line is that the Texans still have a lot of issues, and the scout.com put 6-10 as a prediction for a reason. Personally, I think it's a bit harsh but it is a possiblity that it could be correct. I'm thinking more 7-9 to 9-7 at best but it could go either way. I'm not blind to some of the holes this team has and the needs that are still out there.

Maybe I miss-read due to your insistence on bold type.. But then again, where did I mis-quote you? If you were talking about the first part of my previous post, that was quoted to another member...

Secondly, I over-dramatized what you were saying for exageration sake in the same way you had done in your previous post. So talk about the
I think we all get it now. You would like us to know that you are the ultimate pessimist. No worries. That's cool. I don't think there is one person here that is such a homer that they beleive the Texans are poised to go to the Super Bowl yet, because we ALL are smart enough to know that there are (as you put it) 'holes' to fill yet. Not the point, though. The point is that this rag predicted the Texans to regress based on what? Nothing. Just another hack spewing forth in the offseason. As someone mentioned in another thread; the NFL is up and down. I think he (Cak??) mentioned that approximately half the teams that make the playoffs one year miss out the next year. If this true (or close) than one could surmize that the Texans WON"T be facing 7 playoff teams this year. Point being this guy has nothing other than his own speculation to base his opinions on.

Finally;
Beleive me, I would never assume to know you or anyone like you who would disregard a mod's (and other respected members) suggestion of using a little post etiquette. I'm getting a sense that some of your posts will start getting a response of:

Old 06-18-2008   #63
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe I miss-read due to your insistence on bold type.. But then again, where did I mis-quote you? If you were talking about the first part of my previous post, that was quoted to another member...

Secondly, I over-dramatized what you were saying for exageration sake in the same way you had done in your previous post. So talk about the
I think we all get it now. You would like us to know that you are the ultimate pessimist. No worries. That's cool. I don't think there is one person here that is such a homer that they beleive the Texans are poised to go to the Super Bowl yet, because we ALL are smart enough to know that there are (as you put it) 'holes' to fill yet. Not the point, though. The point is that this rag predicted the Texans to regress based on what? Nothing. Just another hack spewing forth in the offseason. As someone mentioned in another thread; the NFL is up and down. I think he (Cak??) mentioned that approximately half the teams that make the playoffs one year miss out the next year. If this true (or close) than one could surmize that the Texans WON"T be facing 7 playoff teams this year. Point being this guy has nothing other than his own speculation to base his opinions on.

Finally;
Beleive me, I would never assume to know you or anyone like you who would disregard a mod's (and other respected members) suggestion of using a little post etiquette. I'm getting a sense that some of your posts will start getting a response of:

He may join JohnsonFan soon and be on my ignore list.
Old 06-18-2008   #64
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm thinking more 7-9 to 9-7 at best but it could go either way. I'm not blind to some of the holes this team has and the needs that are still out there.

What holes? Every hole on this team has been significantly addressed. Now, does that mean that Okam, CThompson, Bentley are going to collectively solve our poor run defense? NO... Is it very possible that those guys will? YES.

The same thing can be said at RB, CB, S, OT, OL in general, and DE.

What holes do you know about that will keep this team from winning ten games?

1. You know that CBrown, AGreen, CTaylor, Slaton will fail to improve the running game behind Alex Gibbs?

2. You know that Gibbs will be unable to improve the general OL play and that Duane Brown will not be a good LT?

3. You know that Schaub won't improve on a very promising first season starting at QB and/or he'll be unable to stay healthy?

4. You know that the addition of Okam and Colvin, along with the growth of players like Okoye, Mario, Bullman won't be enough to create a pass rush or stop the run?

5. You know that Zac Diles, Thompson, Bentley, Adibi won't improve the LB play?

6. You know that Dunta won't come back healthy. And, if he does, you know Reeves will be a bust, Molden will be a bust, Bennett won't improve, and nobody else will step up at CB?

7. You know that having Demps at safety for a full season won't matter, and that Brandon Harrison, Brandon Mitchell, D. Barber, G.Earl- among others are all going to fail to improve the safety position?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #65
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Bold non bold, all caps or not (I have to document on some work projects in all caps and it screws me up on other projects when I forget). If you don't want to read then don't. Let's all lighten up a bit.

As for the scout eval, I'm ok with it and it could be exactly right, or not. We could go 10-6. IMO, we have strengthened the team under Smith & Kubes (I can't say which is more important and it does not matter). More importantly, the staff has removed players that were under performing and/or too costly.

I think team is definitely going in right direction and Ws are not the most important to me. When Astros were on a tear earlier this season, I just could not get into them. I want to see solid football and expect to do so this year. I do think Reeves will be playing to his strengths @ corner in this system and should see more opportunities for INTs.
Old 06-18-2008   #66
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is GOD.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #67
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Kubiak is GOD.
nice.........
Old 06-18-2008   #68
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

but in my opinion Smith is even better. does anyone have a degree in religion that could possibly tell me what smith's title is if Kubiak is god?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #69
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but in my opinion Smith is even better. does anyone have a degree in religion that could possibly tell me what smith's title is if Kubiak is god?
It's the doctrine of the trinity. God is one but revealed in three persons.

Kubiak = Jesus
Smith = Holy Spirit
BMcNair = God, the Father

Kubiak walks among us and is our example of how to play football. Smith is the force that enables us to play football the way Kubiak shows us to. McNair is the creator and has orchestrated everything that has and will happen.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #70
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

Kubiak = Jesus
Smith = Holy Spirit

Kubiak walks among us and is our example of how to play football. Smith is the force that enables us to play football the way Kubiak shows us to. McNair is the creator and has orchestrated everything that has and will happen.
What about Gibbs?
Old 06-18-2008   #71
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
What about Gibbs?
Moses
Old 06-18-2008   #72
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Kubiak = Jesus
Smith = Holy Spirit
Keep it up and I'll move this thread to the religon forum.

So someone does a weenie computer simulation and everyone gets their panties in a wad? Well, I just ran a simulation of the 2008 NFL season on a Cray XT5 with my own proprietary software. The results?

The Texans go 19-0 (but do not make the cover of SI)

Matt Schaub finishes both the regular and postseason with a perfect passer rating (258.3. Last 100 are for style)

Mario Williams smashes Michael Strahan's sack record (Farve comes out of retirement to give Mario the record setter)

DeMeco leads the league in both solo and assisted tackles (and still has time to find a cure for cancer)

What? You have the audacity to question my computer simulation? I guess we'll just have to wait until football season to see who's right.
Old 06-18-2008   #73
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
IIRC, in Buddhism, there are Gods and then there is Brahman which is the supreme cosmic spirit who has dreamt them. Or something like that.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #74
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Finally;

Dude, get over yourself. I haven't disrespected any mods in here. I've barely posted.

And how immature are you to keep talking about bold text? Let it go at some point. And stop with the whole etquette thing, because that is going so over board. You can post in blue, red, italic, or whatever you want as well. I won't have a heart attack over it, so let it go.

And until you act respectful yourself, and learn how to disagree without taking it personel and trying to bash me, don't expect me to go out of my way to please you. I have my opinions and you are certainly entitled to yours. Again, you don't jack about me so stop with your assumptions and name calling, or simply please do ignore my posts. I could care less about talking about the Texans with a blind homer who gets upset just because someone doesn't think the Texans are super bowl bound. I don't know you, but I do know that you, but so far you seem to have an ego problem.

Either respond with a civil post where you can disagree without malitious attacks, or please ignore the post. I don't mind disagreeing with people at all, and that is what a forum is for. To display different view points and opinions.
Old 06-18-2008   #75
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Dude, get over yourself. I haven't disrespected any mods in here. I've barely posted.

And how immature are you to keep talking about bold text? Let it go at some point. And stop with the whole etquette thing, because that is going so over board. You can post in blue, red, italic, or whatever you want as well. I won't have a heart attack over it, so let it go.

And until you act respectful yourself, and learn how to disagree without taking it personel and trying to bash me, don't expect me to go out of my way to please you. I have my opinions and you are certainly entitled to yours. Again, you don't jack about me so stop with your assumptions and name calling, or simply please do ignore my posts. I could care less about talking about the Texans with a blind homer who gets upset just because someone doesn't think the Texans are super bowl bound. I don't know you, but I do know that you, but so far you seem to have an ego problem.

Either respond with a civil post where you can disagree without malitious attacks, or please ignore the post. I don't mind disagreeing with people at all, and that is what a forum is for. To display different view points and opinions.

*hits ignore button*
Old 06-18-2008   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
IIRC, in Buddhism, there are Gods and then there is Brahman which is the supreme cosmic spirit who has dreamt them. Or something like that.
Good question for GoldenSilence.
Old 06-18-2008   #77
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What holes? Every hole on this team has been significantly addressed. Now, does that mean that Okam, CThompson, Bentley are going to collectively solve our poor run defense? NO... Is it very possible that those guys will? YES.

The same thing can be said at RB, CB, S, OT, OL in general, and DE.

What holes do you know about that will keep this team from winning ten games?

1. You know that CBrown, AGreen, CTaylor, Slaton will fail to improve the running game behind Alex Gibbs?

2. You know that Gibbs will be unable to improve the general OL play and that Duane Brown will not be a good LT?

3. You know that Schaub won't improve on a very promising first season starting at QB and/or he'll be unable to stay healthy?

4. You know that the addition of Okam and Colvin, along with the growth of players like Okoye, Mario, Bullman won't be enough to create a pass rush or stop the run?

5. You know that Zac Diles, Thompson, Bentley, Adibi won't improve the LB play?

6. You know that Dunta won't come back healthy. And, if he does, you know Reeves will be a bust, Molden will be a bust, Bennett won't improve, and nobody else will step up at CB?

7. You know that having Demps at safety for a full season won't matter, and that Brandon Harrison, Brandon Mitchell, D. Barber, G.Earl- among others are all going to fail to improve the safety position?
I'm not even going to respond to this junk. Until you learn to read a post and respond without making things up, then we'll talk. Until then, please don't even bother. I'd rather talk to civil fans who want to debate in a civil manner without trying to start a cat fight.
Old 06-18-2008   #78
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not even going to respond to this junk. Until you learn to read a post and respond without making things up, then we'll talk. Until then, please don't even bother. I'd rather talk to civil fans who want to debate in a civil manner without trying to start a cat fight.
Dude, shutup!
Old 06-18-2008   #79
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dude, shutup!
Okay, I get it now. Some in guys in here are a little group that gangs up and bashes anyone who doesn't think the Texans are the greatest team in the world.

No debating, no informed responses, just bashing and name calling towards other Texans fans. You guys should feel real proud and tough.
Old 06-18-2008   #80
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Okay, I get it now. Some in guys in here are a little group that gangs up and bashes anyone who doesn't think the Texans are the greatest team in the world.

No debating, no informed responses, just bashing and name calling towards other Texans fans. You guys should feel real proud and tough.
LMAO! Yeah that's it! Call us the Message Board Mafia.

FWIW, your reading comprehension sucks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read