Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2008   #61
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP
Default Re: RB's - who'll fall within reach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
NFL-BRIT thanks for being a good sport allowing us some humor. Now thanks even more for your military service. A long, slow salute of respect from this Marine Devil Dog. Active 1970-1973 ready to defend God, family and country for ever. Contact me if you ever get to Texas. Meal and your choice of drink on me. Steve
Appreciate the post, Steve.

" Spillin' Drinks and Spinnin' Yarns " with a Leatherneck would be a good night out in my book.

Semper Fi, mate.

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #62
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well I hate how the Texans didn't draft Mendenhall. He is the real deal.

Again, I really like that guy Hall from Denver and I don't think that it's to much of a stretch to get that guy on the Texans for like a 5th or 6th round pick.

Another guy that looked really good last year who is on a pretty deep RB depth chart is Canton Kieth. He played really well everytime Addai went down last year. I kept him on my fantasy roster all season long on the bench just waiting for Addai to miss a game or a few. I heard that he isn't that great of a blocker or in the passing game, but that Kieth really seemed to know how to run in between the tackles well. He was just arrested for something pretty small recently, and I think the Colts were on the verge of releasing him. I would rather have both of those backup RB's than Brown and Green right now who are always hurt.
The story of Mendenhall threatening to quit before his one good season cost him millions because you know every GM has heard that story .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #63
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see it happening. He does not seem like a guy who will ever be able to carry the ball 20 to 25 times a game. I think he could be used much better on a lot of screen passes sort of the way NE would use Kevin Faulk. He could be affective in that sence, but I haven't seen Kubiak use any RB's that way so I don't have any reason to feel confident that they will all of a sudden get real creative with passes to the RB. Is it because we have had really bad ones under Kubiak? Possibly, but I dunno.

I hope you're right, and he makes all kinds of plays but for right now thinking objectively I just don't see it. I was never that impressed with him in college, and he didn't really seem to improve from his sophmore season to his Junior season either.

I think that Kris Brown would have some potential in this scheme, but how long will it be before he's on injured reserve?
Please name the RBs in NFL last season that got 25 carries. I think we will do better splitting 40 attempts or so between 3 backs. I do see Slaton for end arounds, trick plays and sliding in the new ZBS. He should be able to carry the ball as he is solid with burning speed.
Old 06-18-2008   #64
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please name the RBs in NFL last season that got 25 carries. I think we will do better splitting 40 attempts or so between 3 backs. I do see Slaton for end arounds, trick plays and sliding in the new ZBS. He should be able to carry the ball as he is solid with burning speed.
Well hopefully he will be a really good back. I'm just not expecting it, and most people outside of Houston aren't either.

Color me un-excited on Slaton for now. He's got really good potential, but I don't see a good RB tandem on this team yet. I think Chris Brown could be the best guy if he could stay healthy, but he'll most likely be on the sidelines by week 5, and Green won't be far from him I'm sure.

I don't know what this guy Taylor really brings, but it might be out of him and Slaton to carry the running game. God knows someone needs to step up and do it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #65
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please name the RBs in NFL last season that got 25 carries.
Yeah folks always throw that out there like it actually happens.

2007 None
2006 Two (LJ and Alexander)--next highest 21.8
2005 None
2004 None
2003 None
2002 None

So 2 RB's during the existence of the Texans. One of those two hasn't been the same since and the other had a major fight with his team about being used that much.
Old 06-18-2008   #66
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see it happening. He does not seem like a guy who will ever be able to carry the ball 20 to 25 times a game. I think he could be used much better on a lot of screen passes sort of the way NE would use Kevin Faulk. He could be affective in that sence, but I haven't seen Kubiak use any RB's that way so I don't have any reason to feel confident that they will all of a sudden get real creative with passes to the RB. Is it because we have had really bad ones under Kubiak? Possibly, but I dunno.

I hope you're right, and he makes all kinds of plays but for right now thinking objectively I just don't see it. I was never that impressed with him in college, and he didn't really seem to improve from his sophmore season to his Junior season either.

I think that Kris Brown would have some potential in this scheme, but how long will it be before he's on injured reserve?
if it makes you feel any better we will be paying a lot less for slaton then another back that would fill in for the same roll that actually joined an NFL team that is east of Houston and was a #2 pick in the draft a few years ago... dare I name him
:mshadows:
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #67
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that out of the five backs we have , at least two will emerge .

Brown ... will have a couple of monster games but will also miss several .

Green ... don't feel it .

Taylor ... don't know .

Walker ... not a great athelete but productive ... seems kinda durable .

Slaton ... will be ok with hopefully a couple of big plays .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #68
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I figured it would be suitable enough to post this photo.

Ahman's sporting the fro early in OTA's.

Old 06-19-2008   #69
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Anderson sporting an Ahman wannabe.

Old 06-19-2008   #70
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

They both look like they did their hair with an eggbeater.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read