Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-16-2008   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans on NFLN Total Access Tonight - 6 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
It's called work Bill! How you been man?
It has been what? 'Bout a year?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #22
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda underwhelming.
I will give Jamie Dukes props for man-ing up and admitting he was wrong about us because he thought we'd suck

And don't they usually use the top ten segment for team highlights??
Old 06-16-2008   #23
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

honestly, what could they show to us that we can't get from HoustonTexans.com?

Its always the same rhetoric during the off-season.
Old 06-16-2008   #24
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone else catch the NFL commercial that featured all Texans? It was in the last 10 or 15 mins or so.

They even showed a close up of Texans Chick (sho looked like her) dancing in the crowd. I kept playing it back in slo mo til my wife got mad.

Last edited by Drew_Smoke; 06-16-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It was.........underwhelming.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #26
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not complaining. It was okay. They didn't really get in depth on anything, or our draft picks this year.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #27
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

ever since i found this board i've been underwhelmed by all national coverage, CREDIT to all contributors of this board. i don't post a lot but i slide into here everyday. lots of info and you guys crack me up!
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #28
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple of thoughts:

1) I really didn't expect much from this feature - they really can't tell us anything we don't know - although I was curious about their focus and how the story would be portrayed/communicated for the benefit of NFL fans across the rest of the country.

2) Some of the reaction here and on other boards reminds me of a couple of other eras in Houston NFL history when after several years of crap teams, fans became excited just to hear the national media (any national media) talk about our team in a positive and meaningful way. Let's just hope the win trend continues upward, in which case these little vignettes will become even more of an afterthought for Texans fans.

Last edited by aj.; 06-16-2008 at 08:36 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The best part for me from that show was the top 10 playoff performances. We usually remember the Oilers upsetting the Chargers because both Earl and Dante' Pastorini were out injured. But we forget sometimes was Vernon Perry's four interceptions that made it possible...

Other than that, the show was okay. Nice. Not thrilling but nice....
Old 06-17-2008   #30
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It has been what? 'Bout a year?
I've posted a couple of times on here, but yeah I just don't get on all of the time. Looks like you and Bill are still rolling along though.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Big JD's comments about the Texans only winning 1 or 2 games last year kind of caught me by surprise.

It was a bit contradictory to what I remember him saying. I don't actually remember a prediction, but I do remember he was a huge Schaub fan. He pimped Schaub quite a bit before last season, yet he thought we'd only win a couple games?

Kinda odd, but....meh.
Old 06-17-2008   #32
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked how Dukes mentioned the injury situation on the show. And, I know, injuries happen to every team. BUT, the whole team battled through them and still put up a franchise record 8 wins.

That says something about how strong the nucleus of the team has become and I would think it says something about coaching.

Great to see a national media guy picked up on that.
Old 06-17-2008   #33
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Big JD's comments about the Texans only winning 1 or 2 games last year kind of caught me by surprise.

It was a bit contradictory to what I remember him saying. I don't actually remember a prediction, but I do remember he was a huge Schaub fan. He pimped Schaub quite a bit before last season, yet he thought we'd only win a couple games?

Kinda odd, but....meh.
Nah man, he meant when AJ and Schaub went down. He was surprised we pulled through the injury bug.
Old 06-17-2008   #34
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I've posted a couple of times on here, but yeah I just don't get on all of the time. Looks like you and Bill are still rolling along though.
Bill simply explodes. I think he came of age, LOL!

Yeah, I'm sure many people thought we'd lose to the Bucs and the Broncos (even though Denver also had some injuries, there weren't as many as us.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #35
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It was.........underwhelming.
I was whelmed.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #36
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Did anyone else catch the NFL commercial that featured all Texans? It was in the last 10 or 15 mins or so.

They even showed a close up of Texans Chick (sho looked like her) dancing in the crowd. I kept playing it back in slo mo til my wife got mad.
You are trying to frighten me.

I believe I may have done my unintentional Elaine Benes dance during the 4th quarter of the Titans game before the very end (I even hugged our usher) and during the Denver game when I got to see some defense.

Sometimes, you just have to dance.

I will keep an eye out for it. They so rarely show the Texans in any promos on NFL Network.
Old 06-18-2008   #37
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

if i'm not mistaken it is the "RIGHT NOW" promo that is at the end of all the HT.com videos with Kubiak's dialog removed.
Old 06-19-2008   #38
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
if i'm not mistaken it is the "RIGHT NOW" promo that is at the end of all the HT.com videos with Kubiak's dialog removed.
It is, but it is quite a bit longer.

I don't remember what Jamie Dukes prediction was at the beginning of last season. We had already won one game and were on the verge of winning #2 when AJ went out. Schaub wasn't hurt yet, so I doubt he would have thought we wouldn't win another game all year after that.
Old 06-19-2008   #39
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Kinda odd, but....meh.
I like Dukes but he slammed the Texans for passing on Reggie Bush and based his two win season on that...I don't mind guys giving opinion that I don't like to hear so I won't vilify him. Those guys are paid to give opinion....and to the best of my knowledge none of them are soothsayers. I thought it was good to see him own up to Mario being worth his pick finally. I think he has new eyes for the Texans.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #40
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You are trying to frighten me.

I believe I may have done my unintentional Elaine Benes dance during the 4th quarter of the Titans game before the very end (I even hugged our usher) and during the Denver game when I got to see some defense.

Sometimes, you just have to dance.

I will keep an eye out for it. They so rarely show the Texans in any promos on NFL Network.
What is she doing?

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read