Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-16-2008   #1
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 10 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP
Default RB's - who'll fall within reach?

A bit of googling has revealed the following list of RB's eligible for the draft..

1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas
2. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
3. Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
4. Felix Jones, Arkansas
5. Jamaal Charles, Texas
6. Chris Johnson, East Carolina
7. Matt Forte, Tulane
8. Ray Rice, Rutgers
9. Steve Slaton, West Virginia
10. Kevin Smith, Central Florida
11. Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech
12. Mike Hart, Michigan
13. Cory Boyd, South Carolina
14. Jalen Parmele, Toledo
15. Thomas Brown, Georgia
16. Allen Patrick , Oklahoma
17. Justin Forsett, California
18. Chad Simpson, Morgan State
19. Kalvin McRae, Ohio
20. Benjarvis Green-Ellis, Mississippi
21. Dantrell Savage, Oklahoma State
22. Rafael Little, Kentucky
23. Ryan Torrain, Arizona State
24. Chauncey Washington, USC
25. Kregg Lumpkin, Georgia
26. Marcus Thomas, UTEP
27. Xavier Omon, NW Missouri State
28. Keon Lattimore Maryland
29. Lex Hilliard Montana
30. Yvenson Bernard, Oregon State

I'm playing catch-up here, mates! - Who do we like and who'll still be around for us to grab?

Further research will ensue upon receipt of the collective's sage advice!

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB's - who'll fall within reach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl-brit View Post
I'm playing catch-up here, mates! - Who do we like and who'll still be around for us to grab?
Just a hunch, but I'm going with Steve Slaton in the 3rd Round.
Old 06-16-2008   #3
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 36 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You are kidding right?
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

You're a little late.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Betcha we trade back and grab an additional 3rd round pick as well as a 6th.

All kidding aside. Brit, it appears you have some catching up to do.
Old 06-16-2008   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Um, hey mate, but uh, the draft was in April.

I see that your in England so I will cut you some slack but if you go to NFL.com I believe yoiu can see who drafted who.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

All kidding aside. Brit, it appears you have some catching up to do.
I am hoping that we pick up that Duane Brown guy out of VT. I heard he is pretty athletic.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2008   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

RB? We don't need a running back, we got Stacey Mack. Personally, I think we are going to take David Carr #1 overall in the upcoming draft. He should have a long and prosperous career in Houston. I just can't wait to wear my Boselli jersey. He is going to be great for us. Casserley is God.
Old 06-16-2008   #9
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

My sleeper pick is Chris Johnson in the 1st Rd!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait a minute! We just lost the Oilers and everybody says we will never get another NFL team in Houston. What in--- are you guys talking about? Where is John McClain when I need him?
Old 06-16-2008   #11
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on this post in another thread, I am going to make some assumptions. I normally do not like to make assumptions (you know what they say), but in this case I think some may be warrented.

Quote:
Hey there, mates!

Back from dusty-nasty-foreign-land and checking in!

What's cracking - what did I miss?
Assumption 1) Maybe he had a tour of duty in Iraq or some equally unpleasant place.

Assumption 2) the tour was with a British unit, so NFL news was not common

Assumption 3) Given the time diff, several alcoholic beverages have been consumed.

So if you add up all the assumptions, you come up with a Brit Special Services guy just back from a hazardous tour of duty, who is doing a little celebrating. So given all of this, I choose to be nice and give him a link to the draft.

2008 NFL Draft
Old 06-16-2008   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I am hoping that we pick up that Duane Brown guy out of VT. I heard he is pretty athletic.
That's a HUGE reach!! Brown's considered a 3rd rounder at best...
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #13
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

this thread is awesome!
barrett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That would be awesome, I'd be a fan of that. But I'm still thinking we're going to trade Sage on Draft Day.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #15
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Just a hunch, but I'm going with Steve Slaton in the 3rd Round.

wow! Your good.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #16
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

That's right, I forgot the time zone in England is almost 2 months behind the U.S.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #17
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Further research will ensue upon receipt of the collective's sage advice!

nfl-brit, welcome back to the land of the living! I hope you and your outfit were successful in your endeavors, whatever they were.

Now back to the Draft. It was held in April, and as far as RB's, we selected Steve Slaton in the 3rd round. He's not the RB I had hoped they would've picked, but I'm willing to let it all play out on the field. Anyway, you can go to NFL.com to see the rest of our picks. Overall, I think we had a good Draft, but time will tell. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
RB? We don't need a running back, we got Stacey Mack. Personally, I think we are going to take David Carr #1 overall in the upcoming draft. He should have a long and prosperous career in Houston. I just can't wait to wear my Boselli jersey. He is going to be great for us. Casserley is God.
With Julius Peppers in the draft? Are you silly? What crack front office would do that?

OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Rashard Mendenhall will be available but the Texans will pass on him and draft Steve Slaton in the 3rd.

In other news I think the Texans will trade up to get Jason Babin and give up two first day draft picks for Philip Buchanon.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008   #20
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will pass on drafting Reggie Bush and Vince Young to draft some guy named Mario Williams.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read