Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2008   #21
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
S. Rosenfels 22/35 290 4 3

Seems to me if he hadn't thrown ain INT per quarter for the first 3 1/2 quarters, we wouldn't have needed amazing 1/8th of a game from him. Oh but we'll always remember it as the comeback that almost was. I think I remember him having a fumble or two as well.
You forgot the lost fumble.

On edit no you didn't.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #22
ocd
Rookie

Schaub will be injured at some point in the season and Serge will get his chance to go on a winning streak and put the coaching staff in a dilema.

ocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #23
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I'm sorry, but Sage is the better quarterback. Sage also tastes good on everything, including spicy foods.
Sage is a prime ingredient of good sausage.

Cue the shirtless Vince Young takes in ...5...4...3...2...1...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocd View Post
Serge will get his chance to go on a winning streak and put the coaching staff in a dilema.
This Serge?

What happened to his job at the Beverly Hills art gallery? If I were to guess, I'd say he throws like a girl. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 06-13-2008   #25
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I swear there is a contingent here that hopes Schuab gets hurt so there GF serge gets into the game and can prove people right or wrong.

WTF is it with predicting a guy will get hurt? Stay assy so-called Texans Fans.
Old 06-13-2008   #26
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What happened to his job at the Beverly Hills art gallery? If I were to guess, I'd say he throws like a girl. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Did you not see the end? Obviously he doesn't have a job anymore with Victor Maitlen being shot by Axel Foley. Duh!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #27
Polo

IMO, Sage's potential as a starter would be a notch or two above game manager.

Definitely not a bad thing and definitely something you can win with.

Last edited by Polo; 06-13-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-13-2008   #28
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
IMO, Sage's potential as a starter would be a notch or two above game manager.

Definitely not a bad thing and definitely something you can win with.
OK you might be able to win with a guy who is a notch above game manager. But if your goal is a superbowl, well that's probably not going to happen. The fact that you can name the last two game managers to win a superbowl should tell you something.

IMHO Sage is Commander Cody the second. He's a guy who has great leadership abilities and can put it all together for short spurts of time, but if he sees extended PT his weaknesses will be exposed. For Carlson it was small hands. For Sage its poor decision making and inaccurate passes.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #29
Polo

Quote:
OK you might be able to win with a guy who is a notch above game manager. But if your goal is a superbowl, well that's probably not going to happen. The fact that you can name the last two game managers to win a superbowl should tell you something.

IMHO Sage is Commander Cody the second. He's a guy who has great leadership abilities and can put it all together for short spurts of time, but if he sees extended PT his weaknesses will be exposed. For Carlson it was small hands. For Sage its poor decision making and inaccurate passes.

Mike
I don't disagree with you.

I'm a Matt Schaub fan....I'm saying that I think Sage doesn't have the potential Matt does...

IMO...

Sage's potential = notch or two above game manager

Matt's potential = playmaker
Old 06-13-2008   #30
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I don't disagree with you.

I'm a Matt Schaub fan....I'm saying that I think Sage doesn't have the potential Matt does...

IMO...

Sage's potential = notch or two above game manager

Matt's potential = playmaker
And I don't think Sage has starter potential. I think he's a great backup, but much like Carlson (if you watched us in the post Moon era, I'm sorry to bring it up) if he sees extended time as a starter he will quickly become a bad QB.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #31
Polo

Quote:
And I don't think Sage has starter potential. I think he's a great backup, but much like Carlson (if you watched us in the post Moon era, I'm sorry to bring it up) if he sees extended time as a starter he will quickly become a bad QB.

Mike
Oh ok...

Well then I do disagree....

I think Sage IS capable of being a starter....I think initially he may try to do too much, but as he settled into the role he'd be a guy that'd be a notch or two above game manager....
Old 06-13-2008   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Sage has the talent to be a starter on some teams, depending on the team and how they run their offense. For us, he's a game winner and has proven he can step in and do the job. I'd like to see us keep Sage rather than trade him because as far as I'm concerned, Schaub still hasn't proven he can be a starter for 16 games and take us into the playoffs.

I hopeing Schaub proves himself this year and becomes the QB a lot of you think he already is. Until then, Sage is gold.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #33
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Sage is good. However, I still don't know how he plays if the opponent gets to prepare for him on a weekly basis.

I do know that our starting QB is going to have to be real sharp this year, and he most likely is practicing that way because Sage is expressing how badly he wants to start. More comp the better IMO.

If the starting QB can't perform under that pressure than we know Sage is our guy.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #34
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Do you remember how we got so far behind in that game?

Mike
Not quite sure I understand your question. From what I remember, Carr's three turnovers gave a then terrible Titan's team all the momentum they needed. Sage threw that pick to Pac Man (making it rain all over Sage's parade). Take away that one costly mistake, and I think Sage goes on to win the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Matters on who we signed as the #3 QB........Sage Rosenfels broke his hand and was done for the year.
Yeah - that's right. I forgot about that and all the conspiracy theories that followed. In my defense, I've tried to suppress the memories of the D.C. era - it makes my fandom a lot less burdensome.

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #35
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIS View Post
From Sage threw that pick to Pac Man (making it rain all over Sage's parade). Take away that one costly mistake, and I think Sage goes on to win the game.

That was also a very well thrown ball that was placed right in front of Andre Johnson and it bounced out of his hands. That throw would've provided us a 1st down and we could've won that game.
Old 06-13-2008   #36
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mike
If you define "NFL starter" as being one of the 32 best QB's in the NFL, then I strongly believe Sage qualifies. That said, nobody gets excited about having the 27th best QB in the league. If you define it as having the capability of taking a team to a Super Bowl title, than probably not. (Please note that not actually winning a Super Bowl doesn't mean someone didn't have the capability to do it as with Moon, Marino, and Fouts to name three.)

Schaub may or may not have that capability. We really haven't had the opportunity to find out yet. One partial year gives us some cause for concern and some cause for optimism, but no answers yet.

Right now, I believe Sage's true value lies in being an insurance policy while we find out more about Schaub, but I believe the answer at QB for the Texans is either Schaub, or is not currently on the roster.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #37
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not quite sure I understand your question. From what I remember, Carr's three turnovers gave a then terrible Titan's team all the momentum they needed. Sage threw that pick to Pac Man (making it rain all over Sage's parade). Take away that one costly mistake, and I think Sage goes on to win the game.
You are talking about a different game I believe. The 4 TD game by Sage was in relief of Schaub, not Sage.
Old 06-13-2008   #38
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I have the perfect solution. Let's let Sage start only against The Titans.
Old 06-13-2008   #39
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah - that's right. I forgot about that and all the conspiracy theories that followed. In my defense, I've tried to suppress the memories of the D.C. era - it makes my fandom a lot less burdensome.
Carr wasn't in that game.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #40
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Carr wasn't in that game.
Yes he was. 2006 Tennessee Titans game - in Tennessee. Carr was benched in the third quarter. Mario sacked VY - the first meeting of the two - remember?

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read