Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 06-11-2008   #381
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I have three players on two different teams, and would love to have one of them join the Toros if there is a spot.
Two of them are free agents this offseason, and one is on a long term contract, but may still be available because he is a speedy, agile DE on a team who is switching to a 3-4 next season. They may want to have more beefy DLinemen with the 3-4.
The other two are a fast coverage/blitzing type OLB, and a pure blocking stud of a FB.

Here are links to their profiles (settings allow all to view their profiles):

Buck Ditkus - (Lvl 15 DE):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=121514

B.A. Blitzer - (Lvl 14 OLB):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=249573

Wolfgang Gunnz (Lvl 14 FB):
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=174704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm greedy but i'd take all 3 of em. vtech's started planning ahead so he'd be the one to talk to.
One outta three ain't bad, I guess. I'm ready for the season.
GO TOROS!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #382
Polo

Stop Me is doing well....

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=127039
Old 06-13-2008   #383
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive been traded from the Toros. Sad to leave but look forward to being a starter.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #384
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Ive been traded from the Toros. Sad to leave but look forward to being a starter.
Where did you end up, I didn't know you were getting traded until after the fact.
Old 06-13-2008   #385
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I never wanted you to go, I wanted you to be our #2 RB........
Old 06-14-2008   #386
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Where did you end up, I didn't know you were getting traded until after the fact.
The Boston Terriers. I'm at Level 11 as a starter now and looks like I am getting a lot of playing time.

Old 06-14-2008   #387
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
We wanted to keep you, but you were having problems keeping your energy up, and the guy that traded for you said that he was going to help you with boosts and custom equipment, so I thought it was going to be a better option for you.
Old 06-14-2008   #388
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Well, Stop Me wanted to be traded or released, so we gave him the option of finding a trading partner. That, as we say, is history.
Old 06-14-2008   #389
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
We wanted to keep you, but you were having problems keeping your energy up, and the guy that traded for you said that he was going to help you with boosts and custom equipment, so I thought it was going to be a better option for you.

That's cool, I am now a starter and I have upgraded my stamina.

Old 06-14-2008   #390
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Well, Stop Me wanted to be traded or released, so we gave him the option of finding a trading partner. That, as we say, is history.
Yeah, the business side of things is just that, business and nothing personal. I wish all the TT.com guys were all together, but it does always work out that way.
Old 06-14-2008   #391
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's cool, I am now a starter and I have upgraded my stamina.
I'm glad it worked out for you.
Old 06-14-2008   #392
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
I'm glad it worked out for you.

Thanks for letting me get my feet wet in the league, I might go on to have a HOF career.

Old 06-18-2008   #393
Polo

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=6418134
Old 06-20-2008   #394
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Vtech, San Antonio Texan, and Scoot:

Let's discuss the issue at hand here. So far you all replied to me and to sum up:

Scoot agrees about the QB issue, and pretty much agrees about Sha Nayney.

Reddcow/ SA Texan is going to talk to Sven and see what is up and agrees about Sha Nayney

Vtech agrees we should search for a higher level QB and bench Sven for now until we find one and play Ross. He also says we can develop Stephen Neal to fill both back up Guard spots if he agrees to follow the builds and is on board.

So at a minimum, all 4 of us agree about Sha Nayney and 3 out of 4 agree we need to make a change at QB for the reason mentioned in the PM.

The good thing here is we have some time on our side, our schedule is going to be much easier in the coming games, however let's no overlook Blitzburg they took us all the way to the end last season in a tie ball game.
Old 06-20-2008   #395
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

dang, that's impressive. 85 yards untouched, nice run!
Old 06-20-2008   #396
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Vtech, San Antonio Texan, and Scoot:

Let's discuss the issue at hand here. So far you all replied to me and to sum up:

Scoot agrees about the QB issue, and pretty much agrees about Sha Nayney.

Reddcow/ SA Texan is going to talk to Sven and see what is up and agrees about Sha Nayney

Vtech agrees we should search for a higher level QB and bench Sven for now until we find one and play Ross. He also says we can develop Stephen Neal to fill both back up Guard spots if he agrees to follow the builds and is on board.

So at a minimum, all 4 of us agree about Sha Nayney and 3 out of 4 agree we need to make a change at QB for the reason mentioned in the PM.

The good thing here is we have some time on our side, our schedule is going to be much easier in the coming games, however let's no overlook Blitzburg they took us all the way to the end last season in a tie ball game.
I have already talked to Stephen Neal, and he agrees to work on his guy and develop him like we want him to. He likes the idea of backing up both spots.

The QB on the other hand, isn't as easy to take care of.
Old 06-20-2008   #397
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

I agree Vtech.

And if anyone doesn't think it is safe to post this here, I will delete the content of my post. As far as I know, not that many people come here, except for the core group.
Old 06-20-2008   #398
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree Vtech.

And if anyone doesn't think it is safe to post this here, I will delete the content of my post. As far as I know, not that many people come here, except for the core group.
You'd be surprised, but this isn't anything they couldn't figure out for themselves, so it's all good.
Old 06-20-2008   #399
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
You'd be surprised, but this isn't anything they couldn't figure out for themselves, so it's all good.
That's kind of what I figured, if any of the Bulls come here it will be long done time we see them again and doesn't change too much. Copying and sending all the PM's is much slower than everyone getting to post.

They should create a special forum for each team for the GM's only to be able to discuss things in the open.
Old 06-20-2008   #400
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

this is an offensive evaluation so i'm mostly just a spectator here. i'm just not a fan of the inactivity and lack of involvement. it only takes 5 minutes every other day to log in and check the gameplan that someone else spent hours on. heck the player help threads take any guesswork out of assigning skill points if people need it. 90% of this team is very into it ... boosting, posting, keeping up with their players ... so it seems fitting that since that is the team's direction we need to try to make it 100%. it's a TT team so that comes first, but i'm not a nice enough guy to feel guilt towards folks when they're not part of the reason we made this team or helping to make it better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read